Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

watched schindler's list yesterday, it had been a while, man, what a masterpiece

i read from somewhere that spielberg quit school in the 60s, and when he finished his degree in the early 00s he used that film to get credits for making a student film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I watched "Mute" and it loving sucked OP

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Aardvark! posted:

I watched "Mute" and it loving sucked OP

whats it about

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

ChubbyChecker posted:

whats it about

I thought it was going to be about Paul Rudd as a mute guy bashing ppl with a bat or something but it was actually a really bad cyberpunk neo noir film with a bizarre and poorly handled child molester subplot

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I just watched the new Dune which was as bleak as you’d expect from a French Canadian thinking about sand people

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
gently caress I dunno probably something on TV that I immediately forgot about the second it was off the screen

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Who What Now posted:

gently caress I dunno probably something on TV that I immediately forgot about the second it was off the screen

heh, i don't even have a tv

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I watched the 7th Seal, it's kind of more relevant now because of covid.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Aardvark! posted:

I thought it was going to be about Paul Rudd as a mute guy bashing ppl with a bat or something but it was actually a really bad cyberpunk neo noir film with a bizarre and poorly handled child molester subplot

yeah, sounds like poo poo

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
I watched Late Night and the big problem with a comedy about someone learning how to be funny is that they spend most of the film not being funny.
Also when she was being funny it was generic stand up/mild satire, like it's someone's climactic ambition to be the second billing at the comedy club on a Tuesday.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I watched My Dinner With Andre the other night, I've never seen it. I don't think I've seen anything quite like it, it was way more engrossing and interesting than I expected it to be and Andre Gregory's performance was incredible.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I think it would technically be El Camino though that’s more of a “feature” than a movie outright. I enjoyed it

Caught a bit of one of the Deadpools at a buddy’s house and thought it was rather “soy” honestly

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I watched the first 1/3 of The Living Daylights and it was ok. how tf did Felix live through shark mauling though I'm not certain exactly

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
I also saw Joker not that long ago and both films would have been way better if they ended on Joaquin Phoenix getting good at telling jokes and Mindy Kaling going nuts from stress and shooting someone.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Xaintrailles posted:

I also saw Joker not that long ago and both films would have been way better if they ended on Joaquin Phoenix getting good at telling jokes and Mindy Kaling going nuts from stress and shooting someone.

joker was better than i expected

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Elvira's Haunted Hills.

Not as good as Elvira: Mistress of the Dark

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
poo poo actually it was the Black Widow movie but it was so goddamn boring I forgot I watched it.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Applewhite posted:

Elvira's Haunted Hills.

Not as good as Elvira: Mistress of the Dark

you need to post the hills so we can see if they were haunted

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I watched The Little Things with Denzel Washington and Freddy Mercury. It was bad.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Malcolm, it’s an old Australian comedy about a Melbourne tram mechanic and a bit of a mechanical genius who loses his job, so he takes in some roommates who turn out to be bank robbers. He eventually figures out what they’re up to and uses his skills to help them.

Great scene where he’s at the pub with a girl who clearly wants him to tear her clothes off but like the massive nerd he is, he’s just rattling off tram facts at her all night

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Deliverance. It was really good and not what I was expecting tbh since all I knew about it was the squeal like a pig scene

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Jose posted:

Deliverance. It was really good and not what I was expecting tbh since all I knew about it was the squeal like a pig scene

lol that's a great movie

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
What the gently caress was Burt wearing though lol

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

A sports vest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Power of the dog which was good and also I got to look at my partner and go see he's polishing the phallic saddle as a visual representation of his repressed sexuality while nodding sagely. It was such a good film I had to ruin it by watching army of the dead afterwards

E: poo poo that means army of the dead was the last one I watched. It was bad

el dingo fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Dec 20, 2021