Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Corn Glizzy posted:

honest answer: probably venison, if we end up in a world where we have to eat game meats for real I’m just gonna kill myself

Posts like this and the "mussels and oysters" one freak me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

Posts like this and the "mussels and oysters" one freak me out.

I’ll eat sea creatures all day but have you ever tasted venison? poo poo is horrid

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Venison and elk roasts, and specifically tenderloins are pretty great.

Venison sumersauge is great. Sorry

E: as is jerky. Granted the last two are pretty processed, and when you get 'ground venison' from a butcher they will tend to mix it with beef to increase the fat content to improve the cooking profile for making burgers, etc.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 20, 2021

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I’m glad you enjoy eating forest rodents

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I would sooner eat a rocky mountain oyster before ever eating oysters or clams

I like fish but absolutely detest shellfish

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

^^^^these taste like butter, parsley, and lemon to me with some briney hint of the sea

Tastes like lengua

E: the venison, etc

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Dec 20, 2021

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Me and another goon made Wanda's Macaroni Salad as a joke. It was pretty disgusting. See the recipe on youtube on the Simply Sarah channel.

I've also eaten several sheep eyeballs over the years. Smalahove is pretty good and the eyes don't taste bad, it's just the knowledge of what you're chewing on that is off-putting.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

^^^^these taste like butter, parsley, and lemon to me with some briney hint of the sea

Tastes like lengua

E: the venison, etc

see I’ll eat lengua but venison can suck my rear end

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Indian food.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Tripe is gross. I know it can be made to taste good but the texture and the trypophobia kicks in and I just can't guys I've tried. It's one of the only foods I've ever just had to spit back out. Balut was the other, soft bones but I swear I could feel a feather even though I knew it didn't have any. Those are both mental failings on my part tho.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Treecko posted:

Tripe is gross. I know it can be made to taste good but the texture and the trypophobia kicks in and I just can't guys I've tried. It's one of the only foods I've ever just had to spit back out. Balut was the other, soft bones but I swear I could feel a feather even though I knew it didn't have any. Those are both mental failings on my part tho.

Aw man tripe is one of my favorite things in pho, but yeah, I can’t get behind balut. The idea alone freaks me out.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

I keep checking back here to see if my housemate & bro Wrageowrapper chimes in with one of the many disasters I've cooked the poor sod over the years. But then he did turn a cake literally into soap one time so I think I'm still one up.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Tambaloneus posted:

But then he did turn a cake literally into soap one time so I think I'm still one up.

Need a rundown on this.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I'm not a picky eater and I'll take a crack at anything. I've eaten some strange stuff but the grossest, by a million miles, was bone marrow at a super fancy restaurant. I didn't know what it was, and it looked like just meat, I took one bite and nearly wretched. Then I found out what it was and that made it even worse.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

has anyone said butt yet

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

has anyone said butt yet

Yeah OP’s mom’s

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

kntfkr posted:

the hardest i ever vomited was after lacrosse practice and thinking that the ice cold brown drink in the wendys cup in my friends mercury sable was coca cola or at least diet coke and not dip spit

Yagley?

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

ohnobugs posted:

Need a rundown on this.

Combo of too much baking soda + lots of butter I believe. It was so soapy it was hard to believe it was possible. I could have showered with it. Fortunately he is pretty incredible a cook the rest of the time but now that I've embarrassed him with praise he'll never post here.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Yo momma lol

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

A Witchetty Grub.

It tasted like runny yolk egg.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Cold three day old oysters in a warm cheese sauce at a Belgian restaurant for Xmas in the late 80’s. This experience adequately explains my suspicion of bivalves as a foodstuff.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Had the tourist trap fermented shark in Iceland, even though the waitress said not to have it. I'm pretty sure they serve it frozen so that it doesn't stink the rest of the resteraunt out while you're trying to eat it. Because it's frozen, it just tastes a bit fishy and has the texture of hard fat, however it melts in your stomach and you get the flavour second hand gently wafting up your digestive system or in big blasts if you belch. If you've ever burped after having cod-liver oil tablets it's like that, but much worse.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I fuckin’ LOVE seafood and freshwater creatures of every sort, except for one in particular; I can’t stomach salmon. I’ve tried it every which way it can be prepared, and it always tastes like unwiped fish rear end in a top hat to me. It’s hardly the worst thing I’ve ever tasted, though.

When I was 10 years old, I got up in the middle of the night for a midnight snack and poured myself a big rear end bowl of Big Mixx cereal. Using only the hood range light as a night light, I sat at the kitchen table and dug in. It was then that I immediately knew something was wrong the moment the spoonful of cereal entered my mouth. The cereal… it was squirming in my mouth and tasted dreadfully sour and dry. I spat it out in the kitchen sink and turned on the kitchen light. The bowl of cereal was INFESTED with pantry insects swimming in the milk. Those tiny little weevils that usually attack flour decided the box of cereal would be much tastier than flour and invited all their friends and families. I made sure to throw the box of cereal away in the dumpster outside and never bought another box of Big Mixx ever again.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
That's crazy to me because to me salmon tastes like steak except somehow even better. And I'm not a big fish guy.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
how can you not like smoked salmon?

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

haunted house

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the grossest thing i've ever seen anyone else eat was a k-mart australia buyer in ningbo ordereing drunken shrimp which are gross rear end larval shrimp swimming in like vodka or something, still alive. i think it was a power move cuz how do you look someone in the eye while they're eating live shrimp. ew

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
French onion soup packet and kraft mac n cheese made all in one pot at the same time while camping.

It was meant to save on cleanup, and it did, at the expense of being the nastiest thing ive ever eaten and had to eat all of it cause that was all the calories there was till tomorrow and we had to do 15km the next day.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Probably natto or octopus semen. I'm personally not a big fan of stinky tofu but it's not really that gross just a little horsey.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
When I was a kid (maybe around 4 or 5), my great-grandmother, mom, and I visited this lonely old lady in a downstairs apartment who was alone for the holidays. She pressured me into eating her macaroni & cheese, and even though my great-grandmother & mom were trying to keep me from eating it, she insisted and I was thinking "how bad could it possibly be?"

I swear, this mac & cheese tasted like lumpy water. There was no flavor. I recoiled and yelled "Yuck! What is that?" and :stonk:ed for good reason, and my mom & great-grandmother ushered me back upstairs. To this day, I have never tasted anything so devoid of taste in my entire life, and even wet toilet paper would probably have a better texture than that.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

cabbage rolls

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
vegemite is easily the worst thing

i haven't tried it in over 25 years and yet i still have a very vivid memory of the exact way it tastes: terrible in every way

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
green bean casserole

literally hitler in food form

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Entorwellian posted:

A Witchetty Grub.

It tasted like runny yolk egg.

put....put the witchetty grub on your cock

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Boiled sausages (not the kind that are supposed to be boiled).

Has anyone tried surströmming?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
my dad accidentally ate pork tartare in germany. apparently they inspect it under a microscope

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Mettwurst is loving delicious!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i like beef tartare but have been conditioned to believe that uncooked pork will make my rear end in a top hat explode. i reckon i'd try it from a reputable place

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

kumba posted:

vegemite is easily the worst thing

i haven't tried it in over 25 years and yet i still have a very vivid memory of the exact way it tastes: terrible in every way

i was quite disappointed when i tried it for the first and last time, usually i'm into that kind of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I like vegemite but I like anything that’s really salty and sharp tasting