Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Star Wars has been bad for too long. There are more crap movies than good ones. Haven’t even bothered with Mandalorian yet. I just don’t have it in me right now. I am Star Wars weary. I got the 1000 parsec stare. There is nothing upcoming in Star Wars universe that I am excited about. My schlong is flaccid and tired.

On that note, I just rewatched Lord of the Rings for the first time in a long time, and they are apparently still immensely enjoyable. LOTR has a great depth to its canon, a wide fan base, and I feel like the meme game is more on point with LOTR too, so, added bonus.

I even watched The Hobbit trilogy for the first time. While it is flawed and bloated, it was still enjoyable. It is no where close to the scale of poo poo that was the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, and the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy.

So yes, for the time being I am giving Star Wars a much needed rest and probing the hole of LOTR. I wanted you all to know, because I know you all care deeply about me.

On that note, I can’t wait to be incredibly disappointed after Amazon releases its LOTR series later this year :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I take off my robe and wizard hat

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Star Wars has been bad for too long. There are more crap movies than good ones. Haven’t even bothered with Mandalorian yet. I just don’t have it in me right now. I am Star Wars weary. I got the 1000 parsec stare. There is nothing upcoming in Star Wars universe that I am excited about. My schlong is flaccid and tired.

On that note, I just rewatched Lord of the Rings for the first time in a long time, and they are apparently still immensely enjoyable. LOTR has a great depth to its canon, a wide fan base, and I feel like the meme game is more on point with LOTR too, so, added bonus.

I even watched The Hobbit trilogy for the first time. While it is flawed and bloated, it was still enjoyable. It is no where close to the scale of poo poo that was the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, and the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy.

So yes, for the time being I am giving Star Wars a much needed rest and probing the hole of LOTR. I wanted you all to know, because I know you all care deeply about me.

On that note, I can’t wait to be incredibly disappointed after Amazon releases its LOTR series later this year :thumbsup:

star wars has been poo poo after the first 3 movies

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

ChubbyChecker posted:

star wars has been poo poo after the first 3 movies

Hell even THATS debatable, I’d say 2.5 movies.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Gutcruncher posted:

Hell even THATS debatable, I’d say 2.5 movies.

the holiday special makes up the extra .5

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
Dude, have you checked out Harry Potter? it lets you go back and win at high school... in your mind.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

the what now? Oh lord no

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

RepeatingMeme posted:

the what now? Oh lord no

Oh lord yes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings_(TV_series)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I feel the same OP. Forever, Star Wars were my favorite movies. These days, LOTR are my favorite movies.

Here's a meme for you.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

RepeatingMeme posted:

the what now? Oh lord no

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*let's out a very long, low, whistling fart*

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Big Beef City posted:

*let's out a very long, low, whistling fart*

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why not shove both in your cavernous bum? After all Gandalf was a dual wielder

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

Why not shove both in your cavernous bum? After all Gandalf was a dual wielder

I hope one day there will be room for both in my life.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

welcome to the cool kidz club :cool:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bottom two panels should be swapped imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I thought the same at first but I also like that Pippin is crying and Aragorn doesn't give a poo poo.