Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
"Oi! Ye Cockney guvna!" - some british bloke today probably. They know what they're talking about in their simple moon language when speaking to each other, but the rest of us don't

"yes, I wound like six pounds of meat" - pounds are a unit of weight, not currency??? :confused:

"We are a world superpower, that's why we're going to divorce ourselves from the third largest trading block! People will be FLOCKING to us for our Yorkshire pudding exports, our parsnip purees and our spotted dick!" - some absolute mad lad espousing the benefits of Brexit

"lol what happens if we put a dumber version of Donald Trump up as leader of the nation?? That would be hilarious, wouldn't it? But we really wouldn't do it, right guys? ...right?" probably Jacob Rees-Mogg while whipping his servant for not serving his tea in proper Victorian style

"Our libel laws literally say you can sue and win for any reason if you say anything remotely negative about anyone. This is cool and good and should be a model for the world" - Lord Witherson Grimbsy, Fifteenth Archduke of Monbatten-Upon-Windsor, which is probably a real place in Britain

British people, explain yourselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
They deserve to die OP.

All of ‘em.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I love that they play soccer with each other!

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
why are there 4 threads about the UK or UK related things on the front page of GBS rn

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Generally British Shite

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
What the gently caress is a British?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

blimey

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Hammerite posted:

why are there 4 threads about the UK or UK related things on the front page of GBS rn

Much like Britain from the 17th-19th centuries, the threads are slowly colonizing the forum

Once could say they need... lebenstraum

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
They eat baked beans for breakfast like a filthy animal

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
A brit gave me a spotted dick so i would say "gently caress em" but don't because it was herpes and they all got it there.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Mooey Cow posted:

A brit gave me a spotted dick so i would say "gently caress em" but don't because it was herpes and they all got it there.

Fun fact: Herpes was invented as a biological weapon to use against Hitler in WW2, but because British sexual energy is so raw and overpowering, they all ended up spreading it to each other :eng101:

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R

syntaxfunction posted:

What the gently caress is a British?

a soon to be non existent nationality

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

wot

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
They don't get to criticize us for using the imperial system, which is also their fault, until they stop weighing things in goddamn stone.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I once worked on something for a British tv show about fat people and they were always saying stuff like graham and Linda want to lose 5 stone by christmas

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

I once worked on something for a British tv show about fat people and they were always saying stuff like graham and Linda want to lose 5 stone by christmas

If it was an American show it would have actually been the same but they'd have needed to lose 5 boulders instead

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
gently caress off m8

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
say what you will about british "people" at least they kept the potato fuckers in line

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
I heard they're supposed to be snobby.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Brits are the Canadians of Europe.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What isn't the deal with British people?!?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Colonel Cancer posted:

What isn't the deal with British people?!?

Healthy teeth and gums

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Nooner posted:

say what you will about british "people" at least they kept the potato fuckers in line

For the next two years sure

2024 comes soon though....

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Seth Pecksniff posted:

"Oi! Ye Cockney guvna!" - some british bloke today probably. They know what they're talking about in their simple moon language when speaking to each other, but the rest of us don't

"yes, I wound like six pounds of meat" - pounds are a unit of weight, not currency??? :confused:

"We are a world superpower, that's why we're going to divorce ourselves from the third largest trading block! People will be FLOCKING to us for our Yorkshire pudding exports, our parsnip purees and our spotted dick!" - some absolute mad lad espousing the benefits of Brexit

"lol what happens if we put a dumber version of Donald Trump up as leader of the nation?? That would be hilarious, wouldn't it? But we really wouldn't do it, right guys? ...right?" probably Jacob Rees-Mogg while whipping his servant for not serving his tea in proper Victorian style

"Our libel laws literally say you can sue and win for any reason if you say anything remotely negative about anyone. This is cool and good and should be a model for the world" - Lord Witherson Grimbsy, Fifteenth Archduke of Monbatten-Upon-Windsor, which is probably a real place in Britain

British people, explain yourselves

Not British but pounds are used in the UK for weight too and is buying meat by weight a strange concept to you?

Libel laws protect people from defamation.

Anyway, can you please stop using British as a synonym for "English".

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Hammerite posted:

its happening again. AGAIN!

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

Did graeme and Linda succeed though?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I know all about Britain, it's about two things

Sinking some piss at the pub

Eating some cheeky beans first thing in the morning

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

a dmc delorean posted:

Did graeme and Linda succeed though?

Linda did but graeme did not and the host was very disappointed in him

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Benny Harvey posted:

Not British but pounds are used in the UK for weight too and is buying meat by weight a strange concept to you?

Libel laws protect people from defamation.

Anyway, can you please stop using British as a synonym for "English".

OI WE GOT A CHAV IN THIS THREAD TAKIN' THE PISS! MATES JUMP 'EM

Aardvark! posted:

I know all about Britain, it's about two things

Sinking some piss at the pub

"Ok so we have a random assortment of ingredients that don't go together. Beans, toast, frozen hashbrowns, ham (??? Canadian bacon?), blood sausage, weird looking Yorkshire pudding rear end mushroom (or mushroom looking rear end Yorkshire Pudding), sausage links and an egg."

"What do you call this?"

*downs three more pints of scrumpy before answering* "breakfast"

edit: oh no wonder it is why it is - it's from the 1300s and if there's one thing the English love is taking ancient recipes and never making any changes to them ever because they're perfect as they are https://englishbreakfastsociety.com/full-english-breakfast.html

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 20, 2021

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
They call that a "Full British" breakfast :eng101:

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

We don't call it blood sausage it's black pudding

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Aardvark! posted:

Wetherspoons is extremely British, which is to say extremely bad

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

I went to London one time. It's filthy. Litter everywhere.

No-one makes eye contact.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
a century worth of inbreeding

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

Wetherspoons is extremely British, which is to say extremely bad

Decent British folk steer well clear of Wetherspoons

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the first brit was hatched from a Cadbury cream egg well over a hundred years ago

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

They deserve to die OP.

All of ‘em.

I'd say I hope they burn in hell but they already live in Britain

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
oi, take the lift to the lorrie! it's in the boot innit!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
All white British men have one of only six different faces.

But the large immigrant populations from the Caribbean, and probably the Council House programs, gave the world some incredible musical movements, like Jungle, Grime, and Garage.

So it's a mixed bag, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

They eat jellied eels! I would definitely like to try some one day as a minor culinary adventure; but there is something wrong with a population when this is a "traditional dish."

Stick to frying things and importing people with better food than you, my dudes.