Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epic random user
Dec 9, 2021

by sebmojo

Aardvark! posted:

I know all about Britain, it's about two things

Sinking some piss at the pub

Eating some cheeky beans first thing in the morning

lol...... blimey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What are withers poon news

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 20 days!)

neato burrito posted:

They eat jellied eels! I would definitely like to try some one day as a minor culinary adventure; but there is something wrong with a population when this is a "traditional dish."

Stick to frying things and importing people with better food than you, my dudes.

nobody eats jellied eels. these aren't sold anywhere i've ever been.

i think americans think british food is bad because a stand up comedian started this 50 years ago or something but nobody actually knows what people eat here.

it's the same as what americans eat basically with some random changes that amount to nothing like instead of pancakes with syrup it's an english muffin with jam on it or something.

roomtone fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 21, 2021

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Jay_Zombie posted:

Brits are the Canadians of Europe.

This is insanely wrong wth.

They're the Florida.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Grape posted:

This is insanely wrong wth.

They're the Florida.

I would actually say they're the Arizona of Europe

Insanely scared of anyone with a skintone darker than a Klansman's hood, no real food to speak of (it's all brought in by immigrants), run by a bunch of old people who, again, are pretty racist when it comes down to it, obsessed with "securing the border" and making sure no one comes in

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
I feel like back in the early 2000s English people on the internet were especially vocal and snobby about Americans for being boorish idiots and its incredibly vindicating to find out that they're just as fat and dumb as we are

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

They have no idea how to speak English lol

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

165 countries drive on the right side of the road. Only 75 countries drive on the left.

Get with the times, Brits.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

roomtone posted:

nobody eats jellied eels. these aren't sold anywhere i've ever been.

i think americans think british food is bad because a stand up comedian started this 50 years ago or something but nobody actually knows what people eat here.

it's the same as what americans eat basically with some random changes that amount to nothing like instead of pancakes with syrup it's an english muffin with jam on it or something.

Jellied Eels are eaten in the East End of London and almost nowhere else.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
So who are the Canadians of Europe, then? The Danes?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Inoffensive, like their weed, generally chill but have a dark past they really don't like acknowledging

I could see it

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Whenever someone tries to take the piss out of how we talk they do either southern or cockney accents which is reasonable I guess because the south is where all the twats live

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
i'm goin' cottaging wif me mates

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

innit

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

island where everyone is lawful evil and will openly admit it which confuses normal people

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The deal is they got their asses handed to them by us

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Takes em forever to get anything said because they got all these extra letters and syllables in their words. Just fuckin spit it out “mate” I ain’t got all day.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

lmao jacob rees-mogg lookin like a fishman

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
im gonna stuff him into a locker im gonna swirlir him and steal his lunch money even tho hes a man with kids

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chrs posted:

Whenever someone tries to take the piss out of how we talk they do either southern or cockney accents which is reasonable I guess because the south is where all the twats live

you must be mayor of south england

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

oldpainless posted:

The deal is they got their asses handed to them by us

an rear end kicking so brutal that everyone else in the world and got to kick them while they were down :911:

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
do brits realize americans like scotland and ireland way more than them?

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

[england type guy talking in the most insane made up accent possible in hopes to decieve the listener] o-oh no it's the other guys who are twats not me at all even though this entire country is half the size of iowa

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mnoba posted:

do brits realize americans like scotland and ireland way more than them?

things scotland have given us
ewan mcgregor

things ireland have given us
irish car bombs (both types)

things britain have given us
colonialism
taxation without representation
half the worlds global elite pedophiles (including the royal family)
the slave trade

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

neato burrito posted:

They eat jellied eels! I would definitely like to try some one day as a minor culinary adventure; but there is something wrong with a population when this is a "traditional dish."

Eating British for a "culinary adventure" is a little like going to Siberia for a vacation. Sure, it would certainly be different than you're used to. Sure, the truth is a bit more nuanced than the bleak and dire public perception. Sure, there are things there that would be memorable. But, all in all, it's a strange thing to choose to do to yourself, given all the other options out there.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Eating British for a "culinary adventure" is a little like going to Siberia for a vacation. Sure, it would certainly be different than you're used to. Sure, the truth is a bit more nuanced than the bleak and dire public perception. Sure, there are things there that would be memorable. But, all in all, it's a strange thing to choose to do to yourself, given all the other options out there.

What like American food lol

Serious question: How many American Michelin starred chefs are there?

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

lmao yeah gonna get my food recs from some guys who make tires

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
i feel like having bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast, thanks thread!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Dell_Zincht posted:

What like American food lol

Serious question: How many American Michelin starred chefs are there?

193 vs 166 for the UK :patriot:

https://www.chefspencil.com/density-of-michelin-starred-restaurants/

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Without fail when Brits get really mad about the food jokes they immediately start bragging about curry.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Way to answer a totally different question than I asked

https://trulyexperiences.com/blog/most-decorated-michelin-star-chefs/

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I answered your question limey

You asked how many Michelin star chefs there are. I answered. You then switched the question around because we kicked your rear end yet again

Sorry that British "food" basically consists of boiled pasties smothered in parsnip sauce but in the real world we eat lots of different foods

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Grape posted:

Without fail when Brits get really mad about the food jokes they immediately start bragging about curry.

yep, like there's a lot of good food you can find in Britain but it ain't British food.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
what do brits eat for second breakfast?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I answered your question limey

You asked how many Michelin star chefs there are. I answered. You then switched the question around because we kicked your rear end yet again

Sorry that British "food" basically consists of boiled pasties smothered in parsnip sauce but in the real world we eat lots of different foods

I asked how many American Michelin starred chefs there are, not how many Michelin starred restaurants there are in America, dipshit.

Even then your original answer isn't the boast you think it is, considering:

"In the U.S., the Michelin Guide covers the states of California, New York, and Illinois, plus Washington D.C."

California on it's own is at least twice the size of the UK, and I daresay New York has a similar density.

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Dec 21, 2021

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I was about to make a thread like this!

I work with loads of British people and they're almost always the worst people to try and get along with. They never tell you how they really feel, hold grudges forever and become utterly psychopathic the moment they get into any position of power in the company.

Brits are weird.

Edit: referring to people from the south of England more than the rest of the UK.

Spermanent Record fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Dec 21, 2021

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Spermanent Record posted:

I was about to make a thread like this!

I work with loads of British people and they're almost always the worst people to try and get along with. They never tell you how they really feel, hold grudges forever and become utterly psychopathic the moment they get into any position of power in the company.

Brits are weird.

There's a good reason we make the best bad guys in Hollywood films

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
We Australians have the correct amount of Michelin starred chefs and restaurants.

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

They are obsessed with Onanism. A term of endearment for a Briton is to be called any synonym of Onanist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 20 days!)

these country-level observations are stupid bullshit which reveal prejudiced and nationalistic thinking being expressed in a way that is socially acceptable because the countries involved are predominantly white. yeah there are no true victims but it's all horseshit.