Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Obviously not if it's a premade dressing, but boy let me tell you -
i

I've always been a big fan of a nice baby arugula salad with just some nice olive oil and vinegar on it - and adding a pinch of salt really makes it a whole new dish. The flavours are out of this world!

Gotta make sure you get a decent oil and vinegar though, mastro and unico are not gonna do it. I highly recommend going above 20 for each bottle for sure. The taste improvement is exponential.

Also, if you have a nice oil and vinegar on hand, even if you can't cook (i can of COURSE) if you have them on hand girls will think you CAN cook and will probably have sex with you. definitely, if you give them some nice tanniny balsamic. girls LOVE tannins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
gonna disagree, but if you want to put fresh ground black pepper on there, ill allow it

Flora Finching
Sep 10, 2009

There's no reason you need to spend 20 on oil or vinegar. Tossing greens with dressing and putting them in a separate bowl so there isn't a gross pond of dressing in the bottom is some classy poo poo though. After seeing Jacques Pepin add salt I tried it and drat that really makes a difference I agree with you there.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

The Walrus posted:

Obviously not if it's a premade dressing, but boy let me tell you -
i

I've always been a big fan of a nice baby arugula salad with just some nice olive oil and vinegar on it - and adding a pinch of salt really makes it a whole new dish. The flavours are out of this world!

Gotta make sure you get a decent oil and vinegar though, mastro and unico are not gonna do it. I highly recommend going above 20 for each bottle for sure. The taste improvement is exponential.

Also, if you have a nice oil and vinegar on hand, even if you can't cook (i can of COURSE) if you have them on hand girls will think you CAN cook and will probably have sex with you. definitely, if you give them some nice tanniny balsamic. girls LOVE tannins.

What hapens if i use cooking spray eill thay work???

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
SALAD. LOTERLALY MEANS SALT!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUlPZN5ZzU4

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

holy poo poo

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Nooner posted:

What hapens if i use cooking spray eill thay work???

depends on what for, the propellant makes it irritating to mucous membranes so

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Flora Finching posted:

There's no reason you need to spend 20 on oil or vinegar. Tossing greens with dressing and putting them in a separate bowl so there isn't a gross pond of dressing in the bottom is some classy poo poo though. After seeing Jacques Pepin add salt I tried it and drat that really makes a difference I agree with you there.

hm... I don't think I'm going to take the oil and vinegar opinions of someone who can't eyeball dressing amounts based on the amount of greens in the bowl. thanks for stopping by the Salt On Salad thread though, hope you have a good one!

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. That’s the way you do it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
DURR LOOK AT ME IM THE OP I SPRAY MY SALAD LEAFS WITH PAM AND THEN I DUMP SALT ALL OVER THEM DUUUURRRRRRRRR

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

don't food shame Nooner, we all know you think the cracker combos are better than the pretzel ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
do they make cornmeal combos? those would good. like a stuffed corn nut.