Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Stardoodoo Valley more like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
I love that Natsume spelled their own name wrong on the title screen for HM64

It always made me smile when I turned it on

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

never understood games like these

WORK, THE GAME

wtf play a race car game

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

at my job i get in trouble for bringing my dog and showing it to the bar girl for hours

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it still works just as well though

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PinheadSlim posted:

Very sorry, here's a child bride simulacrum from the specific game you mentioned.

So sorry for mentioning the wrong one!

You sure seem to have an extensive knowledge of children you can romance in video games. A totally cool and normal thing to post over and over about.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Who What Now posted:

You sure seem to have an extensive knowledge of children you can romance in video games. A totally cool and normal thing to post over and over about.

I dunno man I was quite derided for not having exact knowledge. I'm sorry you don't like what I said though :(

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

benitocereno posted:

Youth is wasted on the young, that guy rules

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Who What Now posted:

To be fair it is annoying when good games have stuff like that in them. There's so many good games out there that just become hard to recommend or show people because of certain anime archtypes that the devs shove in as fanservice for the worst audience.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

numberoneposter posted:

WORK, THE GAME

wtf play a race car game

I’m a pro race car driver. What am I supposed to play?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ArbitraryC posted:

To be fair it is annoying when good games have stuff like that in them. There's so many good games out there that just become hard to recommend or show people because of certain anime archtypes that the devs shove in as fanservice for the worst audience.

The fucks that have to do Harvest Moon 64, the only game about growing corn worth playing.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

numberoneposter posted:

WORK, THE GAME

wtf play a race car game

Driving to work, the game.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

numberoneposter posted:

WORK, THE GAME

wtf play a race car game

Yeah, totally pointless
(drives car in circle 200 times)

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Farming is definitely a normal accessible occupation average people do all the time and don’t have romantic notions about

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Also going into the winery basement and tapping the keg 12 x a day is how I prepared for the new years drinking contest.
I also like how there were so many mysterious / half implemented things. Like the photo album - it gave you no indication on how to get all the photos. The power berries may not have even done anything. Recipes definitely didn't do anything... HM64 rules. An upgraded remake would be :krad:

I'm still mad I lost my copy. I think it was stolen by a friend because I still have the box and manual.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I just remembered one time i was playing through trying to get things unlocked as quickly as possible and there was some kind of weird glitch where i got one of the photo album events super early. I posted a thread on gamefaqs about it and was flamed mercilessly because "that's impossible you can't unlock it until blah blah blah." The save file ended up being a bust cause i forgot to save and a hurricane destroyed my greenhouse i think? Or maybe killed my chickens. Anyway i was super sad cause i never saw the glitch again.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Dixville posted:

I just remembered one time i was playing through trying to get things unlocked as quickly as possible and there was some kind of weird glitch where i got one of the photo album events super early. I posted a thread on gamefaqs about it and was flamed mercilessly because "that's impossible you can't unlock it until blah blah blah." The save file ended up being a bust cause i forgot to save and a hurricane destroyed my greenhouse i think? Or maybe killed my chickens. Anyway i was super sad cause i never saw the glitch again.

Was it this one

quote:

If you visit the goddess pond screen any season where Moondrop flowers are blooming and water one, the Blue Mist Flower event will progress each time you exit and re-enter that screen. If you leave, then re-enter the screen three times, you can get Popuri's photo by talking to her.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

reignofevil posted:

Was it this one

I'm not sure but possibly? I discovered it completely by accident and had no idea what i did to make it happen

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

Driving to work, the game.
listen man i have a simulated tokyo expressway full of law abiding simulated tokyo traffic that i pass doing 10 over in my simulated toyota prius, i got PLACES TO BE

full rig setup, natch

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

numberoneposter posted:

listen man i have a simulated tokyo expressway full of law abiding simulated tokyo traffic that i pass doing 10 over in my simulated toyota prius, i got PLACES TO BE

full rig setup, natch

i just take the digital train

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I printed out an entire GameFAQs unlocking guide on my grandma's dotmatrix printer. It took like an hour and she was not happy but damned if I didn't get plenty of use out of it.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

benitocereno posted:

Youth is wasted on the young, that guy rules

Hey now it doesn't say anything about her *not* going on a second date.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

WORK, THE GAME

wtf play a race car game

this mfer ain’t read Marx

Stardew valley is a fantasy where I grow food and vibe on a ranch, not an alienated labor in sight, except at the big box supermarket which you can undermine

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

(I also ain’t read Marx, don’t tell my friends )

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

*loads up euro truck simulator 2*

Rise and Grind.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'm still waiting for Rune Factory 5. I hope it's as good as 4 was.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Treecko posted:

I'm still waiting for Rune Factory 5. I hope it's as good as 4 was.

Runes aren't crops and factory farms are an abomination get the hell out of here!!!!

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
How bout poon factory and your mom works there

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I mean OK but you gotta go first. I don't see much profit in a mid 60s diabetic but you're the ideas man here.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just got an email from Humble Bundle on a big ol' fishing game sale.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/...onbundle_bundle

Just figured I'd mention it since some people brought it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Did anyone ever play the dreamcast fishing game? That controller looked pretty rad.