Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Why does it seem like you have to pee more often when it's cold than when it's hot?
I'll tell you why.

Piss is stored in the balls.
When it's cold, the balls shrink.
Ergo, they can hold less piss and fill up faster, so you have to pee more often.

This is science, people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah that makes perfect sense to me

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
legit answer your body uses calories to make pee which creates heat as a byproduct.

one spring in the mountains it must have gotten to like -10c overnight and I peed actually like 15 times that night I was producing pee to live

epic random user
Dec 9, 2021

by sebmojo
You're probably enjoying more delicious beverages such as hot chocolate, or hot tea, OP!

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

The Walrus posted:

legit answer your body uses calories to make pee which creates heat as a byproduct.

one spring in the mountains it must have gotten to like -10c overnight and I peed actually like 15 times that night I was producing pee to live

But how small were your balls?

epic random user posted:

You're probably enjoying more delicious beverages such as hot chocolate, or hot tea, OP!

Possibly. I mean, it's hard to stay hydrated when I'm peeing so much because my balls are just so small.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What if you're a girl AND you don't have balls OP. Your theory is full of holes.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

i think you just drink more alcohol and maybe hot drinks in the winter op

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
People with poor underlying health (congenital heart defects, diabetes, cancer, certain autoimmune disorders, autism spectrum disorder) experience cold diuresis, which means that cold weather makes you need to urinate more frequently. This is because, when you’re cold, your body prepares to stave off hypothermia by constricting your blood vessels to prevent blood flow to your skin and extremities. This causes an increase in blood pressure, which your body then tries to regulate by forcing your kidneys to filter out excess fluid. This then makes you need to wee more often.

Additionally, you sweat less in the colder months, meaning more fluid for your kidneys to process, making you need to wee more. So, if you already suffer from a bladder issue, such as an overactive bladder or urinary incontinence, you may find that your symptoms are worse when the weather is colder. If this sounds familiar to you, Dr Oz has a wide range of continence products to help manage your condition. Approved by dermatologists, comfortable and discreet.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

What if you're a girl AND you don't have balls OP. Your theory is full of holes.

What the hell do you think tits are for?

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

pissing your pants is a great way to warm up on a chilly day

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

The Walrus posted:

This is actually caused by all the bacteria and protozoa that normally live on your skin taking shelter from the cold inside your urethra.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
cuz u drink more

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you pee at about the same interval measured in time-space pairs, but the time axis speeds up when it is cold while the space axes contract to compensate

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Salt Fish posted:

This is actually caused by all the bacteria and protozoa that normally live on your skin taking shelter from the cold inside your urethra.

what about all the bacteria and protozoa that were already filling up my urethra?

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
The pee steams up inside the balls and because of the way the pipes are all laid out down there more often than not liquid comes out

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
hehehe urine!!!! :hehe:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

haha this guy doesn't know about lady balls

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
its true that the balls shrivel but also the penis shrivels and it causes your urethra to clap shut like the Doors of Durin

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The Scientist posted:

its true that the balls shrivel but also the penis shrivels and it causes your urethra to clap shut like the Doors of Durin

Turn on your monitor.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

personally i do it because i have a rather lengthy legal name and i write in cursive script

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

What about when i reach higher elevations OP, why am i pissin so much then smartypants???

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

surprised this isn't a nooner thread

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Gonna make an effort to pee more this summer. Thanks thread!

Gregoire
Feb 3, 2014
Amount of beer consumption indoors is greater. Rather than being out on the patio or lake, you are inside re-watching Beerfest or Stop Making Sense. The moment you step away from the screen, the urge to let it rip is all consuming.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Jay_Zombie posted:

Why does it seem like you have to pee more often when it's cold than when it's hot?
I'll tell you why.

Piss is stored in the balls.
When it's cold, the balls shrink.
Ergo, they can hold less piss and fill up faster, so you have to pee more often.

This is science, people.

Im a doctor this is how it works

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

The Walrus posted:

What's that in American measurements? Like +46?

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Ladyballs are a thing.

RepeatingMeme posted:

What about when i reach higher elevations OP, why am i pissin so much then smartypants???

For the same reason you have to increase the oven temp when baking at high altitude.
You increase your piss output by like 20% compared to sea level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
You have winter diabetes

Stay safe