Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Aardvark wanted more threads, so here's an idea! A VENT thread! Post your aggressions, about your poo poo job, your lovely house or community and so on!

Let's keep it clean, no racism and all the other bullshit. I humbly request, as OP, that we keep this poo poo as nonpolarizing as possible. If you've had the displeasure of reading my other posts, going fully left or right on people has really been pissing me the gently caress off lately and I wanna talk about it, but not in this thread. So if you got a stupid rear end in a top hat that you work with that you want to say mean poo poo about you, your job is run by a bunch of animals, talk about it here! Is your child becoming addicted to tik tok! Post about it here! Do you loving hate that chump Daryl whom all the chicks like but they dont like you? Post about it here! Sick and tired of commercials? Post about it here!!!! We might have to just rule out covid related anything, for fear of polarization, but we'll see. Try and stay away from the subject if you can.

Bitch alllllll you want, daddy's listenin'

I'll start. I'd like to talk about interpersonal communication and the role of body language. I got this MOTHERFUCKER of a guy that I work with, that I just absolutely cannot deal with. Yea sure, he's nice, polite, has some similar interests maybe.... at first, but buckle up motherfucker. This guy is the kind of guy that slowly and quietly walks up behind you, in a loud environment, and wants to talk to you, but just... hesitates. So now, having witnessed this movement in my peripheral vision, am FORCED to acknowledge your presence. " Oh HEY man! Whats goinnnn onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn?". *makes pistol motions at u* I am clearly very busy, typing up a report on whatever vehicle I am diagnosis, dragging VIN numbers from one window to the other, tracing wire diagrams, you know, CLEARLY loving OCUPADO AMIGO! "SO, did you hear that so and so didn't show up today?" he asks. "No, I don't care what this person does, ever." I reply. "Yea but I mean WE are expected to be here right? He just can't be not coming in all the time!" he continues. I drop my pen and turn around from my work station, "So tell me, what effect does this have on you?" I ask. "Well, I mean, ya know, like I don't really care I'm just saying." At this point, my vision is white, my pulse can be felt in my temple, but I need to ease up for my own sake. "Ok!" I say, and turn away from him and start back on what I was trying to work on.

At this point, I can FEEL him trying to come up with a reply, but falling short. He's turning a little red, forehead getting a bit shiny. I know what he's doing. He's trying to strike up anger or disappointment, trying to rally me to his cause. More than likely, he's just trying to make a friend. My heart aches yes, but god drat dude, take a hint! Thankfully, he very slowly shuffles away, trying and failing, to come up with a clap back.

I know I probably sound like a callous dick, but I promise I'm not. I swear to you, there's this type of person, and I can only think of two, that just RUBS ME WRONG AT ALL TIMES. This poor guy has definitely got something going on. About a month into his tenure the job got a bit too much for him, and he started to get distressed before lunch one day and said something with his heart was up. I missed these events, but was given a transcript. Turned out to be nothing, probably a panic attack. Sadly I have several 60 plus guys on my team that act like they've never heard of a panic attack. I don't bother with the explanation, just a sigh and a casual about face when this comes up. The following week, sad guy comes straight to me at 6:05am after the brief morning go-team. I'm not ready, please find someone else, no, ok, ok, I got this, I can do this. Just breath. "Hey BROOOOOO I see you grabbed that Mercedes I was diagnosing so let me tell you....." (I'll keep this short, but basically he walked me through how 5 different people bumblefucked around figuring out why the battery in this car keeps dying, but effectively is using FAR too many words to tell me, and I already know, I gotta start from the bottom and ignore all of the (likely faulty) info he's giving me. I go, "gently caress it man save your breath, I'm just gonna start fresh on the car." "Oh, uh, ok then." and walks away. Then, another coworker comes up for the usual 2 min recap of the last 12 hours since I last saw him(FFS), but, because he's not a complete lost cause, we have a light hearted conversation about whateverthefuck. Well poo poo for brains watched that whole latter conversation, and became very upset. He immediately comes back and goes" HEY, MAN! How come it's all chaos and frustration with me but when you talk to HIM it's all happy go lucky, huh?!" Well happy-go-lucky says , "imjustaneasypersontodealwith,kbye" and bails on me. I honestly was heavily taken aback someone could make themselves so terribly vulnerable with a question like that. Naively, I asked him if he was ok, and wasted the next 45 mins talking him off the ledge, recommending he speak to someone professionally, or something, but like dude ya gotta relax. Unfortunately this, in his mind, bonded us together as friends. Now, I have a white hot ball of person I loving hate, constantly wondering where I am and what I'm doing. Guys, no one else does this with me. I dont want to be mean to the clearly, not very highly functioning person, but I also feel like brute force is needed, and I've let him in too much out the gate. Sooner or later, probably this week, I'm gonna have to give him the "I dont want to be your friend ok?" speech. My body language is VERY indicative of "I'm busy, please come back in a few", but this gently caress doesn't seem to get that. Also, to add icing to the cake, this is a childless adult, who bragged about a 2 year SPICE/K2 binge where everything was a dream, who has a rockabilly haircut and regularly does rockabilly car shows, who also goes with his childless wife multiple times a year to "Disney".

I gotta tell ya guys, I feel a lot better typing that out. I hope you all can do the same! As an apertif, I'm gonna practice my concert baritone and then spend some time with the fam, and I'll check back later. OR probe me who fuckin cares!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
AAAAAAAH I'M GAAAAY

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
it's just one of those days

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sounds like you're just kind of a dick, OP

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

I'm spending the evening in a cold rear end shed. Adhering to the golden rules of "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all" and "if you can't say nothing at all then remove yourself from the situation before causing a scene" The extended family is having a nice chat inside about how those uppity black folks are the real racists. God I love the holidays.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Settle down, Beavis

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
FFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK the Browns came within 3 seconds and 1 play of beating the Raider with half their team down due to Covid. SO CLOSE.

But they are the Browns so welp.

I'm supposed to work but can't do poo poo now so will do it tomorrow.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Here u go OP this is a vent

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house

Turdo posted:

I'm spending the evening in a cold rear end shed. Adhering to the golden rules of "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all" and "if you can't say nothing at all then remove yourself from the situation before causing a scene" The extended family is having a nice chat inside about how those uppity black folks are the real racists. God I love the holidays.

is it a weed shed? i had a friend with a dedicated weed smoking shed. his whole family would go in there and smoke weed. if it's not a weed shed you could make it one.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
you ever have one of those days where everything you have been doing for the past few months starts to blow up in your face and is like "yo you SUCK at this poo poo you spend all day doing"

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

R.L. Stine posted:

is it a weed shed? i had a friend with a dedicated weed smoking shed. his whole family would go in there and smoke weed. if it's not a weed shed you could make it one.

This is a good idea. It will be as soon as I find a lighter. It is normally a woodworking shed but I think it's multipurpose.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This is(was?) a legit concern of mine. But, in keeping with the spirit of the thread, I humbly accept this.

I will not be working on changing this, however.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Turdo posted:

It is normally a woodworking shed but I think it's multipurpose.

Must suck to be the family member who even your racist relatives have to lock in a shed in the winter.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Here u go OP this is a vent

Thank you

Edit: however, the fixtures we've been sticking to for our remodel is oil rubbed bronze, but I appreciate your efforts

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i went to the pharmacy but they didn't have what i needed so now i have to go back tomorrow UGHHH

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
i watched a youtuber react to lonely island's jack sparrow who had never heard it before, and now I can't get that drat hook out of my head

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
Venting? Sus

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I loving REMEMBER posting something super-,ultra-bannable ITT but I don’t see it here so praise either the lord, the failing forum software, or my failing brain.

Edit: or if you don’t care much for me, curse my not being banned

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I loving REMEMBER posting something super-,ultra-bannable ITT but I don’t see it here so praise either the lord, the failing forum software, or my failing brain.

Edit: or if you don’t care much for me, curse my not being banned

the phenazepam thread's in tcc breh

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

i cut in front of the drive through line at mcdonalds the other day because i had been waiting 20 minutes for them to bring out the curbside order.

i was like 'COME ON, MAN' i wasn't happy about the situation but not mad.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

interwhat posted:

the phenazepam thread's in tcc breh

I think I must have hit the back button at some point.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
loving GADDAMN VENT HOOD gently caress YOUUUUUUUUU

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Why the gently caress is Kate McKinnon walking around like she poo poo her pants in all those Verizon commercials? IT MAKES ME SO MAD!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Wifi Toilet posted:

Why the gently caress is Kate McKinnon walking around like she poo poo her pants in all those Verizon commercials? IT MAKES ME SO MAD!

She's no Vanessa Bayer, that's for sure.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Doctor Butts posted:

i cut in front of the drive through line at mcdonalds the other day because i had been waiting 20 minutes for them to bring out the curbside order.

i was like 'COME ON, MAN' i wasn't happy about the situation but not mad.

I hope this will be the end of fast food.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

interwhat posted:

At this point, I can FEEL him trying to come up with a reply, but falling short. He's turning a little red, forehead getting a bit shiny. I know what he's doing. He's trying to strike up anger or disappointment, trying to rally me to his cause. More than likely, he's just trying to make a friend. My heart aches yes, but god drat dude, take a hint! Thankfully, he very slowly shuffles away, trying and failing, to come up with a clap back.

uh. op it sounds more like he's trying to process what a kind of mean person you are

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Turdo posted:

This is a good idea. It will be as soon as I find a lighter. It is normally a woodworking shed but I think it's multipurpose.

I can think of some wood you can work! :wink:

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
materialism is destroying the world

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

The Walrus posted:

uh. op it sounds more like he's trying to process what a kind of mean person you are

Welcome to my ignore list SUCKER

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

make a better castlevania game KONAMI

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
why am i workign this week. nobodtyt gives a gently caress just take it off

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I hate in movies when someone stresses out they just pop some extra anxiety meds or antidepressants like they work that way.
Oops, think I witnessed a murder, better take an extra Prozac!

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I dunno I had a friend who'd take an extra anxiety pill with some booze when she wanted to get real hosed up and not remember stuff

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Same with me, if I take extra meds it's bedtime, that's pretty much it. These movie people are flying helicopters, running between speeding cars, poo poo like that. They'd be drooling.

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

Time_pants posted:

I can think of some wood you can work! :wink:

He'll yeah! I can turn it down on the lathe or run it through the planer a few times, whichever you prefer. Just made some fresh beeswax and walnut finishing oil too!

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
What's even less unrealistic and infuriating is how it's portrayed as people just having a few laying around and can just pop one, without having to do the same the next day and so on.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
medications for panic attacks that work nearly instantly are a real thing hth

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
*lifts one buttcheek and leans slightly in the opposite direction for about 45 seconds*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house

Nuts and Gum posted:

medications for panic attacks that work nearly instantly are a real thing hth

they're great until you become dependent and suffer through withdrawals worse than heroin if your prescription takes too long to fill. I'm gonna be on benzos for the rest of my life unless I go to rehab