Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I'm not sure, I think I'll get probed for mod sass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why does adopting a child have to be so hard. Like literal monsters out there with their own birthed children while we have to pay $37k and hand over every piece of info about us and go to classes and AND BE JUDGED BY PEOPLE. Like literally gently caress my father-in-law who’s reaction was “noooo you just aren’t trying hard enough how can you betray our genetics!!” And when we announced we’re adopting we get “oh that’s nice” but someone else says “we’re pregnant” and the world fuckin stops. gently caress.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

LuckyCat posted:

Why does adopting a child have to be so hard. Like literal monsters out there with their own birthed children while we have to pay $37k and hand over every piece of info about us and go to classes and AND BE JUDGED BY PEOPLE. Like literally gently caress my father-in-law who’s reaction was “noooo you just aren’t trying hard enough how can you betray our genetics!!” And when we announced we’re adopting we get “oh that’s nice” but someone else says “we’re pregnant” and the world fuckin stops. gently caress.

Humans are stupidly fierce about "protecting the lineage" because blah blah survival instincts and poo poo.

It's also loving dumb because a lot of medical issues I have are inherited, and if I ever had biological children (or whatever term you wanna use) it's likely they'd be just as hosed up. And given how I know I've lived I would never wish that on someone.

Anyone that goes "you would deny someone life?!" is missing the scores of children who already exist and deserve love just as much. I don't think everyone should adopt or whatever, it's just loving wild that adoption is looked down on as a backup, even tho it's the better option sometimes.

Honestly anyone that indicates poo poo like "well they aren't really yours" or whatever is red flag central and sever immediately.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
y

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
this is like the most minor thing, and i find it more laughable than anything....

but i put a candy dish out, on my coworkers desk (he was cool with it), since he's right at the doorway of our office and I'm about 20' back. And they keep acknowledging him for the candy, and "oh, i see you decided to have chocolate!"

there is the smallest part of me where i want to just yell at them.

another funny anecdote, my bro was out at training for a week, and I only had to refill the bowl like once, as opposed to every other day. So, he enjoys my gifts. Which is cool, it's just funny, and I get to rag on him.
(i'm fatter than he is)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

syntaxfunction posted:

Humans are stupidly fierce about "protecting the lineage" because blah blah survival instincts and poo poo.

It's also loving dumb because a lot of medical issues I have are inherited, and if I ever had biological children (or whatever term you wanna use) it's likely they'd be just as hosed up. And given how I know I've lived I would never wish that on someone.

Anyone that goes "you would deny someone life?!" is missing the scores of children who already exist and deserve love just as much. I don't think everyone should adopt or whatever, it's just loving wild that adoption is looked down on as a backup, even tho it's the better option sometimes.

Honestly anyone that indicates poo poo like "well they aren't really yours" or whatever is red flag central and sever immediately.

I had my estranged father of about 9 years contact my mom asking if I realize that I'll be the end of the Rhino line? I just laughed when she said that, and said good riddance. No more 'rhino's in the world are really needed.

similar to you maybe, i've had some poo poo passed down to me, and my sister (has two kids, and one is less than normal differently mentally, but i love them both, of course). i don't think i'd want to take the risk, personally.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 22, 2021