Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

there I made your dumb thread

now go buy me a Jupiter XO 1600I B-flat trumpet with the .453" bore size and it better be brand new and it better be silver-plated or so help me

get a receipt. don't you dare forget the receipt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I will also accept a Yamaha Xeno YTR-8335IIS. maaaaaybe a YTR-8335IIGS depending on if it sounds good but probably not. if you get an 8345 I will shove the whole thing up your rear end and make you walk home like that DO NOT TEST ME

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Me too

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

one more thing: if you get the Yamaha do not get one with a reverse-slide. you can tell it apart because the reverse-slides all have one brace on their main tuning slides instead of two

the XO will have a reverse-slide cuz that's the only way it's made

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’ll take the reverse slide, idc

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

wait I forgot Aardvark was the one who told us to post threads not LAP gently caress

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

seriously tho Aardvark make sure you get that receipt cuz I might have to return it. trumpets are one of those things you gotta try before you buy but not a lot of stores have XO 1600Is in stock to try out so this is the only way I can try one out at all

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
is that bore size what you blow in, what does that matter i would think it's the other end that matters

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
OP would prefer a RUSTY TROMBONE!!!!! XD

nodebit
Apr 23, 2016

Creepin' like a Creeper, Creepin' like a Creeper
:confuoot:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Forget these beggars LAP, buy me a house pls. Three bedrooms, two toilets, in a nice area.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Are there any trumpets with bluetooth functionality to open the spit valve? perhaps with a mobile app.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I request a trumpet that is one better than OPs.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Mnoba posted:

is that bore size what you blow in, what does that matter i would think it's the other end that matters

bore size is the inside diameter of the pipe you blow into. it's one of the most important (and most overlooked imo) factors in determining the resistance level of a horn which is a major factor in a player's range, accuracy, intonation, note-shaping ability, endurance, and a whole shitload of other things (on cylindrical-bore instruments at least; conical-bores might be different, idk as much about them). .453" is on the small end for a Bb trumpet (standard size is .459"-.460") but I am a small person so it should be fine. what's important is that it's not too big

it may not sound like a lot but let me tell you those thousandths of an inch fuckin MATTER. I have spent the last 15+ years learning that lesson the hard way

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 21, 2021

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
hope he sees this bro

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I request a trumpet that is one better than OPs.

All of these trumpets are on their winged feet.

They shall find you soon.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Blowing that spit valve out, spreading covid everywhere.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

*makes half-valve whale noises*

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

I. M. Gei posted:

wait I forgot Aardvark was the one who told us to post threads not LAP gently caress

a sad reverse-slide trombone lets out a mournful howl, it haunts you

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Skeleton Ape posted:

*makes half-valve whale noises*

or as I like to call them, my entire lower register on a large-bore horn like the one I have now

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
If the mouthpiece isn't welded onto the body then buddy im not interested

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Fender Strat in SSS configuration, with maple fretboard and tremolo please. My first guitar is a very heavy Les Paul type guitar with dual humbuckers and I'd like to try something that's basically the exact opposite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

bossy lady posted:

Are there any trumpets with bluetooth functionality to open the spit valve? perhaps with a mobile app.

i like your avatar