Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I'm confused about Santa. All my life I've been told there is only one Santa.

But Santa has been on every TV show all week and at every single mall. He's also at, like, every single parade at the same time. I just don't get it.

They all look kind of alike, but you can tell they're different Santas.

Are the Santas clones, or are there people that aren't Santas profiting by pretending to be a Santa?

Is there some sort of Santa Academy where you can get a degree in being a Santa?

Other Santa questions:
If I block my chimney and lock my doors, can a Santa get in?

If I lacked a chimney and locked my doors, would a Santa kick in a window?

Will a Santa be upset if I leave him brownies instead of cookies?

How does Santa eat all of those cookies left for him? One Santa couldn't eat the cookies from every house, he'd explode! Does he just like, toss em out onto the highway or into the river, or is there more than one Santa to eat the cookies?

Say you're still in the living room when a Santa comes down your chimney, and he sees you, does he climb back up the chimney or make a break for the front door?

I don't know if I can trust this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Chief McHeath posted:

But Santa has been on every TV show all week and at every single mall. He's also at, like, every single parade at the same time. I just don't get it.

Are the Santas clones, or are there people that aren't Santas profiting by pretending to be a Santa?

Is there some sort of Santa Academy where you can get a degree in being a Santa?

Other Santa questions:

How does Santa eat all of those cookies left for him? One Santa couldn't eat the cookies from every house, he'd explode! Does he just like, toss em out onto the highway or into the river, or is there more than one Santa to eat the cookies?

Say you're still in the living room when a Santa comes down your chimney, and he sees you, does he climb back up the chimney or make a break for the front door?

-Yes, most of the Santas you see in parades and malls and stuff are impersonators profiting off his image (Santa can't really appear in court to protect any trademark on his image, kind of like a superhero). There are in fact Santa Academies where one learns to be a Santa impersonator

-While chimneys were a common method of entry back in the day, rest assured Santa can access your house through basically any non-air tight gap, as he travels with the North Wind and anywhere it can go, he can go.

-Santa is fine with non-cookie offerings. Some places leave out mince pies and a glass of sherry! It's the thought that counts, as Santa appreciates gratitude in all its forms.

-Santa can eat all those cookies because travelling around the world in 24 hours burns an astronomical amount of calories, kinda like a hummingbird, and without a constant intake of sugars he would wither and die within minutes of starting his yearly trek.

-Santa won't even bother coming down the chimney if you're there watching. He knows if you're sleeping and when you're awake, after all.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
It's a syndicate, OP

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Santa can cover the entire Earth in one night, right? Think about how fast he'd need to move to do that.

Santa is the fastest thing in the universe, much faster than the speed of light. He can move so fast that he can, to our untrained eyes, appear to be in multiple places at once.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

And what about Santa Baby? Is he like the Boss Ba y?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The Bananana posted:

And what about Santa Baby? Is he like the Boss Ba y?

Wow Santa Baby opens up a whole new realm. How many degrees from Santa can a Santa baby be born, especially with all these fake Santas about. gently caress.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

A Fancy Hat posted:

Santa can cover the entire Earth in one night, right? Think about how fast he'd need to move to do that.

Santa is the fastest thing in the universe, much faster than the speed of light. He can move so fast that he can, to our untrained eyes, appear to be in multiple places at once.

I don't think he's necessarily moving fast. He operates in the quantum realm and is thus everywhere at the same time. He completes the night activities very quickly.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

A Fancy Hat posted:

But he is always standing around giving a promotional gift or sitting in a chair at the farmer's market, does Santa and his army of Santas have the ability to bend time or what

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
What They don't want you to know is that Santa has come down a lot of chimneys over the years and has very dominant genetics.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

There is only one Santa, don't be fooled. The answer is of course the simplest, if we apply Occam's razor it's plain to see Santa is a normal man but the only one in the world trusted with time travel.

All instances of Santa in history are the same man at various points along his own chronology. One Santa enters a time machine to a specific Santa job in a specific place and time, then he travels back and does it again. This explains not only how he can be in so many places at once in one night/season but also why your Santa experience can vary wildly even within a square mile area.

The skinny burned out crack addict Santa is one who has reached the latter stages of his own timeline, exhausted by endless Christmas he is a broken shell of a man only suited for the most basic of Santa's duties. Younger, fresher Santas take on more high profile but demanding jobs. However, make no mistake they are the same man.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Santa is a screen memory the reptilians use to spermjack you OP

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
It's magic, OP. He uses magic.

He has an ancient pact with the elves. They might look whimsical and magical in most of those movies and malls (or maybe overworked and unfortunate, depending on the Santa story in question), but they're elves. They are creatures of bargains and an even exchange, beings that offer great boons and demand a dear price. They don't "make the toys". Look at what he's bringing these days, it's almost all mass-produced, factory-made stuff. They just give him the power to do what must be done. I don't know just what bargain he made, but there's a reason you never see him around the rest of the year.

Pretty sure the cookies are also part of it, though. He brings most of them back to the elves (it's the old "bread, milk, and honey" tribute, changed very slightly with the times).

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Santa Clauses are wraiths doomed to walk the earth and work in malls every december until the end of time. At least that is what I am telling my son.

"if you're really bad, god makes you into a santa clause when you die"

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Okay, real answer:

Santa is a 5-dimensional being projecting itself onto 4D spacetime.

-Getting into houses is easy. He can step "over" the walls the same way you step over a line drawn on the ground.

-Traversing the whole world in one night becomes more doable when time behaves more like a book you're reading and can flip back and forth to the necessary page

-Seemingly being in multiple places at once can be explained by these merely being extensions of a single higher-dimensional "true" Santa, with all the guys in department stores being mere pseudopods, like seeing only individual fingers and not the larger hand they're connected to.

-This also explains how he eats all the cookies, his full body is enormous and we only see human-sized bits of it that extend into observable reality.

-How he knows if you're bad or good, he can look "down" on everyone like it's a 2D top-down videogame, the entire timeline of every action of your life clearly visible. You're basically a Dwarf Fortress character to him.

If you think all this makes Santa seem kinda alien and inscrutable and frankly scary in the same way a Lovecraft Great Old One is scary, then you've got a pretty good grasp of the situation.

Also note all of the above applies to God as well

If you want a more in-depth example of how all this works, go read Flatland

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

santa uses time dilation to give himself months to deliver all the gifts while mere moments pass for us

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

A wizard did it.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Chief McHeath posted:

Wow Santa Baby opens up a whole new realm. How many degrees from Santa can a Santa baby be born, especially with all these fake Santas about. gently caress.

Santa Baby isn't about a Baby Santa, though. It's a woman who wants to "make love" to Santa in exchange for wonderful gifts.

Santa does indeed have a child, a half-Santa half-human superbeing who some say is fated to one day kill Santa and bring about the Final Christmas.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I broke down crying reading the op and I want the mods to ban the op and gas this thread immediately

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Santa isn’t real OP

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Judaism follows matrilineal descent, so how do the Santas know which families with a Jewish mother and non-Jewish father also celebrate Christmas with their children? Do they like, have to send Santa a letter via certified mail to tell him their preferences, or what?

I also wonder what the Santas think when they see paintings and ornaments of another Santa in a home, do they get jealous? Or do they get spooked when they look on the tree and one of the Santa ornaments is that exact Santa?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

And what about the float at the big parade in New York that is full of Santas, like 60-80 of them? Are they all real Santas? Are some of them imposters? What kind of vetting process goes on? Is one of them the Santa or are they just Santas.

It just doesn't all add up.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Chief McHeath posted:

Judaism follows matrilineal descent, so how do the Santas know which families with a Jewish mother and non-Jewish father also celebrate Christmas with their children? Do they like, have to send Santa a letter via certified mail to tell him their preferences, or what?

I also wonder what the Santas think when they see paintings and ornaments of another Santa in a home, do they get jealous? Or do they get spooked when they look on the tree and one of the Santa ornaments is that exact Santa?

Santa knows exactly who every Jew is and where they are at all times. It’s pretty concerning but there’s not much anyone can do about it

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I'm pretty sure that after entering so many homes this year, and his inability to wear an N-95 mask or respirator properly because of the beard, the main Santa or at least a lot of the other Santas will get Covid and not be here next year.

We might already have a shortage of Santas after last year! That is just terrible.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I wonder if the original Santa ever shared a class with Genesplicer in high school.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Chief McHeath posted:

Other Santa questions:

Typical liberal mental illness.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The war on Christmas goes poorly

Santa just sweeping aside our troops on the battlefield like Sauron.

Endless hordes of elves spawned deep from within the north pole workshop claw at our eyes and stab our kidneys

Its so cold...so very cold

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Xmas crossed the Thanksgiving line and so we had to retaliate. Wisconsin is *the* battleground state for the ideologies of our time.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What is Mrs Claus' first name?

I think it is disrespectful to only refer to her in terms of her relationship to her husband. I'm sure she was a vibrant and interesting woman before she met, fell in love, and then married the fat man. She still is.

I'm not saying we should get overly familiar with her. She is a married woman after all, and older than all of us put together. But she is her own person, and not just the wife of some fat gently caress in a red suit.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Unlike Santa, Mrs Claus was never granted the blanket of immortality by the king of the forest. As such, there have been many Mrs Clauses. So many that they have become interchangeable and is merely a title. Except for the one time she delivered all the presents when Santa was sick during the Year Without a Santa Claus.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Santa is up to some weird poo poo with multiple Santas and his harem of Miss Santas.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

im santa

also im ultraman

hope this clears it up

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
In the song "santa baby" do you think the lady was waiting to give santa an hj, bj, pj, aj or annilingus?

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
hardly knew us

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Santa horny

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Santa is actually just Satan for dyslexics OP. Praise Jesus.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Scientist posted:

In the song "santa baby" do you think the lady was waiting to give santa an hj, bj, pj, aj or annilingus?

Yes

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

The Scientist posted:

"Hurry down my chimney tonight" strongly suggest pia intercourse. Given the standards of the time, it can also work for piv.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I have had the same philosophical musings in regards to the mall Shreks and how each mall can have one, sometimes multiple, Shreks roaming its premises, offering occasional tidbits of information to shoppers in regards to sales and offers but more often simply spreading glee and amusement in silent golem-like fashion by sheer proximity alone.
Shreks are layered, as told in the first Shrek movie, and expounded on in following installments, and these layers are meta-physically reflected in the mall multi-Shreks - it is layers and Shreks all the way down - and in essence the same ideation can be transplanted to Santa Claus.

One Santa but multiple Santas at the same time.
Santa is Love, Santa is Life.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
I figure its like that joke theory that there's only one electron in the universe and it just yolo's its way between atoms at infinite speed or quantum superposition or something

also I think the plural of shrek is shrek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

if you tell mom about that girl dad hangs out with on saturdays when you’re “going to the aquarium for the day” santa wont bring you a playstation