Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I liked the movie OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I thought it was extremely good but I’m my mid 40s so I’m dumb as gently caress

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

aceface posted:

More than half the movie was the characters explaining the loving movie. The writers were too lazy to make a movie so they were like "let's have the characters stand there and say what we wish to convey in this convoluted clusterfuck. That way we don't have to put the effort into coming up with an actual movie that does this through an actual story.

Have you seen the other Matrix movies

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the more i learn about it the less interested i am in seeing it. props to lana for making a a movie about how she doesn't want to make a movie i guess but it seems like a waste

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

hell astro course posted:

I liked the movie OP

makes sense

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

:glomp:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

jsoh posted:

that guys name is actually chad. the reason he is trinitys husband is that he was keanus stunt double for the matrix, so he is literally a facsimile of the guy she actually wants to be with

Dude sounds like a real Jeffica.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

aceface posted:

More than half the movie was the characters explaining the loving movie. The writers were too lazy to make a movie so they were like "let's have the characters stand there and say what we wish to convey in this convoluted clusterfuck. That way we don't have to put the effort into coming up with an actual movie that does this through an actual story.

The cinematic equivalent of opening your speech with a dictionary definition of the topic.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

if you get it you get it. good christmas movie.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Do they kiss in this? I like a good romance in my human battery story.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

down1nit posted:

Do they kiss in this? I like a good romance in my human battery story.

It’s a romance bordering romcom with a human battery story as a framing device. So yes.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Do they say a cool one liner like "dodge this" before they smooch one another on ze cheek

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Colonel Cancer posted:

Do they say a cool one liner like "dodge this" before they smooch one another on ze cheek

I still know kung fu

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i know ball do

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
theres a scene in the movie where neal patrick harris explains why the movie sucks

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

jsoh posted:

theres a scene in the movie where neal patrick harris explains why the movie sucks

Spoiler alert it’s cause NPH is in it

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'd demand a spinoff to the Better Matrix Movie but that Neo is dead already whoops.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'd demand a spinoff to the Better Matrix Movie but that Neo is dead already whoops.

too many quotes from this movie have lived in my head for the past 20 years, i don't dare watch it again

edit: damnit i watched it again

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 25, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Trinity actually being the one was something I guessed during the first trailer.

I liked the movie!

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

nuketulsa posted:

I thought it was extremely good but I’m my mid 40s so I’m dumb as gently caress
:hfive:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Bad Purchase posted:

what color pills they got in that matrix these days?

blue and yellow purple pills

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
It's 1/3 Hackers without the charm, 1/3 Terrible YA dystopian fiction, and 1/3 that Nightmare on Elm Street movie where Freddy comes into the real world to kill the actors and writers and Wes Kravens that made the first Nightmare on Elm Street movie. It's loving awful, and I say that as a person who actually kinda liked Matrix 3.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
The Merovingian cracked me the gently caress up ngl

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Frankenstyle posted:

It's 1/3 Hackers without the charm, 1/3 Terrible YA dystopian fiction, and 1/3 that Nightmare on Elm Street movie where Freddy comes into the real world to kill the actors and writers and Wes Kravens that made the first Nightmare on Elm Street movie. It's loving awful, and I say that as a person who actually kinda liked Matrix 3.

Posts like these and many others make me loving pumped to watch it, not gonna lie. I don't know/probably won't enjoy it, but you got me pumped to watch it.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I like the first three matrixes and I liked the fourth. Go in expecting a matrix movie and you won’t be disappointed.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

syntaxfunction posted:

Posts like these and many others make me loving pumped to watch it, not gonna lie. I don't know/probably won't enjoy it, but you got me pumped to watch it.

I just re-watched the last half because I tuned it out the first time and I have to admit that while most of it is just plain old bad, the action scenes elevate the film into hilarious levels of "So bad, it's good". It's what would happen if you gave the guys who made Sharktopus 200 million bucks and zero oversight. It's totally watchable for all the wrong reasons.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
watched this turd last night. have not laughed so hard in a long time. just what

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It was good and bad. A Matrix movie, if you will

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
The Matrix 4: Resurrections is a good film. Probably even a great one.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Doctor Butts posted:

Keanu can be an OK actor but if you want to see his, and everyone else's absolutely worst acting job, watch Johnny Mnemonic. Well, ICE-T did OK. Maybe the dolphin, too.

Also they predicted what the internet would look like in 2021!

bram stokers dracula is way worse

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Bad Purchase posted:

what color pills they got in that matrix these days?

more like sleeping pills
because the movie sucked and I went to sleep after watching it

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

i laughed out loud when he said 'i still know kung-fu' cos someone posted it earlier in the thread but i thought they must be joking

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

razamataza posted:

i laughed out loud when he said 'i still know kung-fu' cos someone posted it earlier in the thread but i thought they must be joking

P sure he says it is in one of the trailers. But I can't blame you for not watching them.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

aceface posted:

The movie literally explains why it exists and why it has to spell all the stuff out.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it's about drat time movies started explaining themselves. i'm sick of having to rely on youtubers to fill me in.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Bad Purchase posted:

it's about drat time movies started explaining themselves. i'm sick of having to rely on youtubers to fill me in.

You just have to watch the cartoon, read the comics, novels, and find the wiki.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I think this movie was, like others have said, dumb but fun. IMO really suffers from the lack of Larry and Hugo.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i get the whole "making the thing even though I don't want to vibe"

why isn't even subtext. Imagine your art, your baby, for better or worse, is about to fall out of your control and take on a disney-fied life of its own. You have a chance to intervene as the creator, to at least do something that services the artistic intent of your prior work. You take that opportunity if you have any real sense of attachment to your project. You just do.

and if that means using your indignity at not having your wishes on the matter respected, as the impetus for the start of the movie, then hey that's how you cope I guess? like it all makes sense and is respectable to me.

then the things that actually get talked about/implemented conceptually are actually loving rad and cool

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The problem is the director already butchered her baby with matrix 2 and 3. Then she made a whole mess of garbage movies

maybe executive meddling would have been good in this case lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
do they do kung fu or is it more typical of our times sit down and talk about your feelings? i like both things but kung fu is what brings me to the cinema - that and the popcorn