Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dragonstoned posted:

Does anyone else see this walrus or is just me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

You Are A Elf posted:

It’s Falkor from The Neverending Story.
you mother FUCKER

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I knew the new images were much more pronounced than hubble's, but it wasn't until I saw the Scishow Space episode about the new images that it really sunk in as they overlaid them on each other. poo poo is WILD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf4EDcjMtmw&hd=1

also, Hank has some profound words about the new images making people feel small. I really like how he put things, especially towards the end. and also the line "all the time we've spent on earth, from Brachiosaurs to BTS" is funny to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Npwza43NE&hd=1

You Are A Elf posted:

I hope whatever alien civilization may come across the Voyager golden record has a blast listening to it should they decipher how to play it.
speaking of the golden record, I love this song Melodysheep made using sounds and dialogue from it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6zulqXLPUw&hd=1

Skeleton Ape posted:

I was curious if you could buy an exact (except for the gold) replica of this record and the answer is not really, because the real thing plays at like 16 RPM. They released an approximation of it in LP form a few years ago though
yeah this boxed set is what I got for my dad for christmas once and it's really loving cool. lots of neat includes besides the records too. definitely worth getting as a gift for someone who likes space.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

shame on an IGA posted:

how about now I got sick of waiting and spent my evening downloading 8 gigs of raw data of a target that doesn't seem to have been released yet based on a cursory twitter search and cobbled together this poorly processed superzoom of the Large Magellanic Cloud

As far as I know yall are the second people to see this after gip discord

we are so utterly hosed

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
seeing a grim reaper-lookin' cloaked dude in that, not a tarantula

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that's a loving space dragon