Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The hogscrote nebula sure is beautiful this time of year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah looking at these I think about how even most sci-fi is confined to a single galaxy

Even hyperdrives and trans-warp conduits and whatever don't come close to getting people traveling between galaxies

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wish I could follow live

Please post all your oohs and ahhs itt

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'd love to hear a suggestion on how a species got to the point of (not) building radios without language

Direct telepathy?
One big brain that never dies?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If it lets them innovate enough to get to a radio tech level it is probably language

Even if you want to call it something else, thinking they wouldn't want a way to communicate their non language over long distances seems like an extraordinary claim

It's possible to imagine such a society I suppose, but all of them but us?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

toggle posted:

What does space smell like?

https://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-07/what-does-space-smell/

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shame on an IGA posted:

how about now I got sick of waiting and spent my evening downloading 8 gigs of raw data of a target that doesn't seem to have been released yet based on a cursory twitter search and cobbled together this poorly processed superzoom of the Large Magellanic Cloud

As far as I know yall are the second people to see this after gip discord

:black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Confusedslight posted:

Why do I feel a large sense of vertigo all of a sudden?

Too much drugs?

Not enough drugs?