Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Baker's...
This poll is closed.
dozen :bagl: 7 11.29%
the greatest QB in the AFC North! 6 9.68%
the future QB of The Washington Football Team 24 38.71%
just thrown me an interception? Woah! :potg: 25 40.32%
Total: 62 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Didn't see one up unless I'm missing something.

Anyway, clearly time to pay :slick: The State Farm Stud :slick:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Kevin Stefanski is a fraud and I get to gloat for saying so while people cheered him getting COTY

Baker is garbage and I can't believe I was dumb enough to believe.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
kevin stefanski did everything he could possibly do to lose the game for nick chubb

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kevin Stefanski is a fraud and bad

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Fire Stefanski, fire Baker, fire Woods, find someone else, sign someone else, do something else.

Run. The. loving. Ball. God drat you.

Browns season is over.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Baker Mayfield to Baltimore. Lamar Jackson to Cleveland.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Kawalimus posted:

Baker Mayfield to Baltimore. Lamar Jackson to Cleveland.

Yes please

Also there goes the locker room

https://twitter.com/iamjohnthethird/status/1474865739588853767?t=pxMu-4Z6bhvdASEGYKykWA&s=19

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
It always frustrates me how teams are allergic to running when there's low time left on the clock even if there's timeouts. Running is often the best play here! Especially if you're the Browns and their personnel.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Lmao

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Browns' gameplan seemed fine, the problem was Baker hucking the ball to the other tea.

Should've called a run or two at the end, but hard to get mad when that game only ends because of an egregiously bad ref call.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Clevand fans have entered good enough to try and destroy their own team.

Which good for them I guess

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Kalli posted:

The Browns' gameplan seemed fine, the problem was Baker hucking the ball to the other tea.

Should've called a run or two at the end, but hard to get mad when that game only ends because of an egregiously bad ref call.

the game was no credit to lafleur either, taking his foot off the gas like that. packers could have blown them out the way things were going, they just quit while they were ahead. browns almost snaked it away from them but forgot to do the only thing that could have won that game: pound the damned rock

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I mean, when your only options are to either use one of the best RBs in the league, or have your QB continuously overthrow his receivers into interceptions, you have to ask yourself, What Would PFF Do?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Magicpants posted:

the game was no credit to lafleur either, taking his foot off the gas like that. packers could have blown them out the way things were going, they just quit while they were ahead. browns almost snaked it away from them but forgot to do the only thing that could have won that game: pound the damned rock

I think the Packers taking their foot off the gas may have been because of Rodgers’s toe. (This is not a pun)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mega64 posted:

I mean, when your only options are to either use one of the best RBs in the league, or have your QB continuously overthrow his receivers into interceptions, you have to ask yourself, What Would PFF Do?

I believe the analytics say that when you have Baker as your QB you throw every time.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Mega64 posted:

WWPFFD is my new proprietary stat and you can see it with a $29.99 subscription

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Mega64 posted:

Even PFF would draft a new QB lol

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1474877189812330500

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Packers OL has one preferred starter who is a rookie at RG and literally everyone else has been 2nd-3rd stringers constantly moved around due to injuries.

Garrett getting shut down is a miracle.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

The packers completed the sweep of the afc north. Average margin of victory: 4 points. If you eliminate the 10 point victory over the Steelers it’s just 2 points.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Ice Fist posted:

The packers completed the sweep of the afc north. Average margin of victory: 4 points. If you eliminate the 10 point victory over the Steelers it’s just 2 points.

They also swept the NFC West, right?

Man, when the schedule came out last spring, that is not what I was expecting.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Baker has more picks than Darnold, Goff and Jameis since 2018

The Browns could literally replace him with Jameis Winston and have more TD's

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Isn't baker's shoulder still very hosed up

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That last INT was clear cut PI but alas

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Chucktesla posted:

non-throwing but yes.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Case Keenum has got to be a better option for like 8 quarters than this busted Baker

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chucktesla posted:

He should have genuinely sat out half if not most of this season, yes. He pushed through and just hosed himself up more and now he’s broken every way.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

PFF helped create this monster and now they're trying to sell the cure??? Analyc my rear end!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Baker has more picks than Darnold, Goff and Jameis since 2018

The Browns could literally replace him with Jameis Winston and have more TD's

Jameis didn’t play in 2020 and barely played in 2021. Baker has 54 interceptions in his last 4 seasons. James had 73 in his last 4 full seasons. That’s in addition to 44 fumbles.

Baker has been bad lately but not Jameis bad.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Dec 26, 2021

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

gently caress it gimmie Jameis. Him unleashing the dragon would be at least fun to watch

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

non-throwing but yes.

I want to believe that even though it’s his non-throwing shoulder, it’s severely loving up his mechanics.

But honestly I’m getting tired of coming up with excuses on why Baker had a lovely game every other week when he essentially has a top 5 offense on paper.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

sweet thursday posted:

Analyc my rear end!

PFF needs an rear end score.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

fartknocker posted:

PFF needs an rear end score.

another one?!?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

gently caress it gimmie Jameis. Him unleashing the dragon would be at least fun to watch

I hope you get what you want because I don’t want him on my team but rest assured it absolutely is not fun.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I hope you get what you want because I don’t want him on my team but rest assured it absolutely is not fun.

He's a poo poo yeah not gonna defend him

A 50 yard pick is way more fun than a 9 yarder straight to the db though.

Wentz it is then!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Wrong thread

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He's a poo poo yeah not gonna defend him

A 50 yard pick is way more fun than a 9 yarder straight to the db though.

Jameis throws a lot of those balls straight to the DB too. He’s not Favre, yoloing it into coverage, he just can’t read the field.

What you really want is Ryan Fitzpatrick. He’s the fun kind of bad.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 26, 2021

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I want to believe that even though it’s his non-throwing shoulder, it’s severely loving up his mechanics.

But honestly I’m getting tired of coming up with excuses on why Baker had a lovely game every other week when he essentially has a top 5 offense on paper.

Objectively, it is loving up his ability to follow through, which means his accuracy is falling off on some throws he should hit, particularly at the side lines or on hard deliveries.

That said, all these things can be true

- He’s physically limited and has mechanics that maximize his velocity and power to offset at the expense of needing to put everything into every throw.

- He still misses a bunch of reads at the sideline, particularly deep crosses and verticals. The OBJ lack of targets was a systemic thing.

- The system makes up for this by throwing over the middle to tight ends where there’s a bigger target.

- The system magnifies his bad throws because a missed throw over the middle ends in an interception.

- He is playing hurt but still capable of positively affecting game states by running the offense as designed.

- He is playing hurt which is a serious problem for a guy that mechanically dependent with razor margins, and his inability to pull himself back from this is the same issue as his attempted funslinging while extremely hurt.

Make him play his 5th year as a prove it and risk having to tag him if he turns out an all pro. We’re not getting anyone this draft who will be substantially better.

People are going to hammer Stefanski for the last series, but they’d be giving him the same poo poo if we miss a 50 yarder after trying to run a couple times in a shorter field. He’s not a perfect coach, but he’s not actively detrimental to the offense.

Joe Woods and his insane run fits/play calls though need to be discussed. We keep drafting cover corners like Williams and Ward who can cover but are liabilities in run support/unwilling tacklers, with the trade off being that we should be able to blitz at will. The only blitz we are willing to call is the double A gap, which any QB Rodgers level carves up. We never bring anything from the edge when Garrett/Clowney are out, because our corners cannot slide in to tackle and leave outside gaps open in a run fit. Woods is flatly not a fit for this personnel and needs to move on. Period.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

ruh roh

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I do not want Winston but frankly at this point I think Baker has run his course. This game should have been a lopsided Browns victory frankly. The first game against KC also came down to an INT by Baker if I recall.

We have capability to be exceptional and we should at least have 10 wins and lead the division, there are 2-3 games we could have had and I know woulda-shoulda-coulda but it is frustrating to see for so many seasons a team that could be better but just doesn't get it done.

Again, the only thing I can see is if the Browns are creating the excuse to not pay Baker by him showing when they count on him he fails and moving on.

All this "He's injured" and "The refs didn't call DPI" and poo poo is bullshit excuses. The Coaching if they wanted to win should have run, they didn't. Something stinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Baker is hurt and not great but that still doesn’t excuse them coming to the final drive with three time outs and running the ball a whole ZERO loving TIMES who the gently caress. Yeah Chubb was out / sore, maybe burn a timeout and give him another minute jesus loving Christ. We have backup RBs, right? Ram them through a couple of 1st downs, maybe a pass here and there if the opportunity arises. We would have won with a loving field goal. We didn’t need to actually get a TD. A field loving goal would have done it.

But no let’s just pass it 4 times in a loving row