Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Baker's...
This poll is closed.
dozen :bagl: 7 11.29%
the greatest QB in the AFC North! 6 9.68%
the future QB of The Washington Football Team 24 38.71%
just thrown me an interception? Woah! :potg: 25 40.32%
Total: 62 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The Browns will never have a quarterback better than Baker and the fact that their fans want to go back to adding names to the jersey is insane to me.

He's playing hurt in a weird year while missing a lot of pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

No Butt Stuff posted:

The Browns will never have a quarterback better than Baker and the fact that their fans want to go back to adding names to the jersey is insane to me.

We know what's not working. He's been inconsistent for years. The injury isn't the excuse enough and if it was he should have taken a break. If he's the one pushing for a contract he's not demonstrating he earns it. If it's the coaching, they're failing the team by not benching him until he heals.

He's just 50-50 enough to coast by but unless the Browns turn him into a checkdown artist and focus on the run, the Coaches aren't doing their job.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is 100% on Stefanski for not benching Baker when he loving should have. In addition to all his other gently caress ups. Yeah Baker will tell you he can play but when he’s literally limping on the loving field like he had been for weeks you’re not doing anyone any favors.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Today's games were farts.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Jonathan Taylor basically has to get the MVP now since Brady/Rodgers will split the “it has to be a QB” vote.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
nobodys taking mvp from brady, but kupp is the most deserving non qb. kupps season is unheard of, one of the greatest for a wr all time. taylor for as great as he is, hes just sort of the only bellcow left running behind the best oline, and i dont see how you give it to a rb when derrick henry is still in the league and it took taylor weeks after his injury to catch up to henry too

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Colts have one good receiver, one amazing running back, zero offensive line, and a quarterback only a team who was missing their starter could love.

And they pulled that off, you've got some explaining to do Cards.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Magicpants posted:

nobodys taking mvp from brady, but kupp is the most deserving non qb. kupps season is unheard of, one of the greatest for a wr all time. taylor for as great as he is, hes just sort of the only bellcow left running behind the best oline, and i dont see how you give it to a rb when derrick henry is still in the league and it took taylor weeks after his injury to catch up to henry too

I don't know why but I get powerful Peyton hillis mvp vibes from championing for kupp

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The colts started the year by limiting Taylors carry’s and hence losing every game.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

I don't know why but I get powerful Peyton hillis mvp vibes from championing for kupp

He’s definitely on next years cover of Madden

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Asproigerosis posted:

thats because you are racist, kids gonna crack 2000 yards and 15+ tds

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

TheGreyGhost posted:

Bunch of stuff I generally agree with or can't argue with

Ok but Stefanski though seriously this game that last set of downs was rough. QB has 3 picks on the day, is struggling with accuracy because of injury (and should be benched) and the running backs are 7+ ypc on the day. The call is obvious whether it's a long field goal or Chubb breaking one off it's the worthwhile shot. It's Chubbs 10 to JT's 11 for 20+ yard runs this season. Hell even a screen to him would make sense. Toss in what others have said about them handling his injury and Stefanski just looks bad.

I'd be willing to believe Jimmy is putting his foot down that Baker starts as long as Baker wants but if his nose is out of it (coin flip) Stefanski looks dumb.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Colts....win?

???

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Magicpants posted:

Yes but still

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1474919550797893632?s=21

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jonathan Taylor would get MVP if there was a just and loving God. Alas, this is not the case

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Colts probably win like 3 games without Taylor.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

It’s impossible to separate the WR from the QB that’s why Kupp has no chance sorry.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Magicpants posted:

thats because you are racist, kids gonna crack 2000 yards and 15+ tds

2k yards and 15 tds is an average nfl running back season, what?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s impossible to separate the WR from the QB that’s why Kupp has no chance sorry.

This is a situation where it seems like this would work in his favor for some voters if he keeps putting up numbers though. People love to hate Matt Stafford.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Calvin Johnson very nearly hit 2K yards as a Detroit freaking Lion and lost in the MVP vote that year to Adrian Peterson.

Kupp has no chance.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I still have yet to figure out why the gently caress Cleveland kept Chubb and Hunt, when they hate to run.

Hunt should have been traded long ago.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

I agree. Bakers had some issues but the dudes beat to poo poo. I'd take him in a loving heart beat after watching a carousel at QB for 2 years.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

This pretty much sums it up.

I don’t understand how you look at how the franchise has drafted 24 QBs or whatever and say “yeah we should jettison Baker cause we’ll totally hit on the next first round QB pick.”

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

This pretty much sums it up.

I don’t understand how you look at how the franchise has drafted 24 QBs or whatever and say “yeah we should jettison Baker cause we’ll totally hit on the next first round QB pick.”

Because that Mannequin Jersey was a work of art and we are lesser for it being retired.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Epic High Five posted:

Jonathan Taylor would get MVP if there was a just and loving God. Alas, this is not the case

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Roger Goodell announcing Tom brady as the next MVP

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Cooper Kupp should be MVP

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

#wow #woah

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
One step closer to power running game once again making the nfl great again.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Because that Mannequin Jersey was a work of art and we are lesser for it being retired.

It IS a work of art, so you aren’t wrong. It belongs in the HoF.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Those INTs in the Browns game made me flinch

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Saying the Browns should get rid of Stefanski and Mayfield feels dangerously like a couple years ago when Lions fans wanted to get rid of Caldwell and Stafford. There was a similar sentiment of "This team could be so much better, look at all these mistakes that are being made, a new coach and/or QB is all we need to put us over the top."

And then the Lions fired Caldwell and the team instantly turned back into the laughingstock of the league. And now Stafford is gone too, and the new QB situation is utterly dire in his absence.

So yeah, be careful what you fuckin' wish for, 'cause you might just get it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It's tough sledding as a Browns they finally are sort of relevant but they can feel they could be actually relevant but it would mean ditching the people who made them sort of relevant. All i know is this horseradish Dijoun dill sauces is great with my xmas ham

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Colts win superbowl cause 100% vax rate

Also didnt taylor get 100+ rush yards on the ravens? he got like 75 on one play

53 rushing 115 recieving what a useless stat

Despera fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Dec 26, 2021

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Calvin Johnson very nearly hit 2K yards as a Detroit freaking Lion and lost in the MVP vote that year to Adrian Peterson.

Kupp has no chance.

In fairness he did lose to the second greatest rushing season of all time, it's not *quite* a slam dunk argument.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Despera posted:

Colts win superbowl cause 100% vax rate

Honest question: did Carson Wentz change his mind at some point? I remember that being a big deal toward the beginning of the season.

Or is this :thejoke:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Woke up still thinking about that stupid loving final drive.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
A good chance for a WR to get MVP would be if the team's QB went down midseason and the rest of the year was a different QB but the WR kept the same top level production. Then a WR might win MVP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Grittybeard posted:

Honest question: did Carson Wentz change his mind at some point? I remember that being a big deal toward the beginning of the season.

Or is this :thejoke:

It’s a goof. Some of the dudes who were out last night are unvaxxed (Leonard specifically and I think one of the OL guys).