Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Baker's...
This poll is closed.
dozen :bagl: 7 11.29%
the greatest QB in the AFC North! 6 9.68%
the future QB of The Washington Football Team 24 38.71%
just thrown me an interception? Woah! :potg: 25 40.32%
Total: 62 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean the Bengals rival the Chargers in inconsistency

They even poo poo the bed against the Chargers after blowing out the injured Ravens earlier this season. A repeat bed making GBS threads seems plausible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

BIG DICK NICK

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lolling at this stat that flashed on the NBC bottom line

Chicago Bears: 2-8 when Justin Fields starts, 3-2 when any other QB starts

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TNABuffalo posted:

And Diggs is his prophet, speaking the good word of " you, you, you, you shut the gently caress up"

For real this is the type of thing I write about in my fanfic.

https://twitter.com/complexsports/status/1475185602186334214?s=21

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Zach had the longest QB touchdown run since Mariota in 2015.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1475171477104119808

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'll never stop being sad that Diggs came out of Maryland and the Ravens passed on drafting him 6 times. By far the funnest WR in the league.

Spent their 1st that year on Breshad Perriman!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

This just reminded me of Daniel Jones eating poo poo for no reason last year again which made me smile.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'll never stop being sad that Diggs came out of Maryland and the Ravens passed on drafting him 6 times. By far the funnest WR in the league.

He'd have never developed here. 5th round pick WR in Baltimore means you'll get one target per game if you're lucky.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

fsif posted:

God Bless Stefon Diggs

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams won ugly which is fine I guess, they got a playoff spot and won a game where the offense didn’t need to be at its best which I don’t think they’ve managed up to this game

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

fsif posted:

:allears:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Diva Cupcake posted:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1475171477104119808

I don't think I've seen an entire defense making business decisions on the same play before

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
So if the Ravens do somehow beat the Rams and then the Steelers they'll make the playoffs and almost certainly match up against the Titans in the wildcard. I am now convinced that this will happen despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The consequences of my actions aren't my fault they're your fault!

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1475273243061895171

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

So if the Ravens do somehow beat the Rams and then the Steelers they'll make the playoffs and almost certainly match up against the Titans in the wildcard. I am now convinced that this will happen despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary.

Fingers crossed we take care of business against the Rams next week and lose like we're supposed to. Then hopefully we can beat the Steelers without consequence.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The consequences of my actions aren't my fault they're your fault!

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1475273243061895171

Antonio Clown

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

Fingers crossed we take care of business against the Rams next week and lose like we're supposed to. Then hopefully we can beat the Steelers without consequence.

Oh gently caress. I kind of agree with you. Oh man. This is not good. I need to go stomp on a bird's nest or something.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1475292346216501249

Payne is going to sleep if that punch connects

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

imagine losing to the 2021 chicago bears

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1475304840872013828

We're going to lose to this next week

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

R.D. Mangles posted:

imagine losing to the 2021 chicago bears

Then imagine losing twice to that team!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Joe Burrow looks like he’s 15 years old

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1475221283017273346

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Fingers crossed we take care of business against the Rams next week and lose like we're supposed to.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If Baltimore wins out they'll almost certainly make the wildcard. Not sure if that's actually a good outcome for the team all considered.

I mean... it's a good outcome because if they don't then the season's over and we have to wait another nine months for Ravens football. I don't understand this

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

AndrewP posted:

I mean... it's a good outcome because if they don't then the season's over and we have to wait another nine months for Ravens football. I don't understand this

Winning games and making the playoffs is bad actually.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The team is way too injured to make a run in the playoffs. Is it worth losing 10 draft spots in a deep class when the team has a lot of needs in order to get blown out in the wildcard or divisional? Maybe. I might rather have a Humphrey/Mosely type player and some probably good depth than another playoff disappointment, a Perriman/Queen and some probably worse depth.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

And take their wild card record from 8-2 to 8-3? We are talking about Legacy here.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'd also really rather not end up the team that gives Cincinnati their first playoff win this century. Which I guess is more evidence of my Kawalimus informed brain poisoning.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 27, 2021

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'll take a ticket to the dance every year. Maybe Lamar's ankle gets better. Maybe they get another shot at Tennessee and keep the rivalry alive.

this is a year that nobody except KC looks all that amazing from week to week.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This isn’t the NBA you’ll be fine if you have the 26th pick instead of what the 17th?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I don’t think the football team deserves to exist

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

AndrewP posted:

I'll take a ticket to the dance every year. Maybe Lamar's ankle gets better. Maybe they get another shot at Tennessee and keep the rivalry alive.

I’d never turn down a chance to get into the playoffs in the NFL/MLB/NHL, we’ve seen a bunch of lower seeded/Wild Card teams get hot at the right time and win championships or get to the championship game/series over the years.

The NBA is the only league it feels pointless in because top 3 seeds have won 99% of all NBA Championships.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This isn’t the NBA you’ll be fine if you have the 26th pick instead of what the 17th?

NFL draft is way more of a crap shoot and one player (except at QB) doesn't totally make or break you. Still, blue chip prospects often slip into the middle of the 1st a la Derwin James. I could see somebody like Kyle Hamilton being there this year. Back of the 1st round seems like more of a coin flip most years.

Any other year I'd want the playoffs but y'all saw the Ravens today. 25 guys, half of them starters, out for the season is too much to overcome.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Draft position is the most overrated thing in football and the discourse around it has completely broken people's brains

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AndrewP posted:

KC has only looked amazing against the Raiders twice and the Steelers, they've won but struggled in every other game during this streak.

I'm not trying to complain here obviously, just saying they haven't exactly been mopping the floor with most of the league and all of it seems potentially wide open to me.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I don't know. 2 top 5 draft picks seem to have done some good for Cincinnati.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I don't know. 2 top 5 draft picks seem to have done some good for Cincinnati.

They got the #1 pick in the perfect year. It happens and is irrelevant to this years Ravens.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Titan up

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Benne posted:

Draft position is the most overrated thing in football and the discourse around it has completely broken people's brains

Correct. The only time it truly matter is if you're top 5 and can grab those generational talents easier. Otherwise, try and win.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

if the Ravens were in contention for top 10 sure, but we're talking the difference between mid-round to later mid-round.

if they lose out then a higher draft pick than normal will be a nice consolation prize, but I'll worry about that in April

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The NFL is the only league where you can be lousy but not literally the worst and build from the middle. Maybe MLB too I don’t know it takes like 5 years to figure out if a draft pick is good. Which makes the Lions being so bad for 70 years that much more baffling.