Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Baker's...
This poll is closed.
dozen :bagl: 7 11.29%
the greatest QB in the AFC North! 6 9.68%
the future QB of The Washington Football Team 24 38.71%
just thrown me an interception? Woah! :potg: 25 40.32%
Total: 62 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I
A
N

B
O
O
K

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Kirios posted:

I
A
N

B
O
O
K

In this house we follow the good Book so please let me know if you find him

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
I'm ready for more Bort

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Gonna need a version of this but for Book

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I4ZQk2QPdtY

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

*checking in after like 10 weeks of only following the Colts* how the gently caress are the Dolphins over .500?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

*checking in after like 10 weeks of only following the Colts* how the gently caress are the Dolphins over .500?

team of destiny, op

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Alaois posted:

team of destiny, op

oh god they're gonna win it all

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Dolphins are the first NFL team to have a 7 game losing streak and a 7 game winning streak in the same season.

Also, the last time they won 7 games in a row in a season?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Are the shirts printed???

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Are the shirts printed???

Printer never stops

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Thank you Dolphins. For now.

Edit: Their game was a very important loss looking back at it. Had our badness started just one game later we'd probably not be able to miss the playoffs.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Dec 28, 2021

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
That's bait

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
As a Bengals fan in tyool 2021 our draft position the past couple years feels pretty important.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

HappyHippo posted:

That's bait

Clipping this derail at the wings huh

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

HappyHippo posted:

That's bait

It's meant to be funny in a way. But I'm serious that I don't want to see the Ravens in the playoffs.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Kawalimus posted:

It's meant to be funny in a way. But I'm serious that I don't want to see the Ravens in the playoffs.

This year, more than any other year I’ve ever seen, every playoff game is a toss-up.

The Ravens didn’t look too hot the year that Flacco went wacko in the playoffs and won it all.

Even without Covid, the teams are just getting meat-grindered with injuries, and some teams replace well and others don’t.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Abugadu posted:

This year, more than any other year I’ve ever seen, every playoff game is a toss-up.

The Ravens didn’t look too hot the year that Flacco went wacko in the playoffs and won it all.

Even without Covid, the teams are just getting meat-grindered with injuries, and some teams replace well and others don’t.

In that season we had an excellent offensive line and nowhere near as many injuries in the secondary. We have several guys playing back there who dont even really belong on an nfl field. Im not sure we'd beat the worst nfl teams right now.

I do get it. I just dont see a playoff game for the Ravens even being fun to watch right about now.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Dec 28, 2021

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean realistically no team looks that crazy so just getting in the playoffs actually does a lot.‘mother chances a team that looked terrible at some point in the season wins the super bowl is pretty high

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
The Saints are well positioned to lose 5 straight games in the postseason.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

The Saints are well positioned to lose 5 straight games in the postseason.

Bucs hosting the Saints is very plausible which will probably have people carted off in body bags.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Alaois posted:

team of destiny, op

much easier to get a 7 game win streak when 5 of those games are against the Jets, Giants, Panthers, and Texans this year. All of whom are picking top 10 in the draft.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Alaois posted:

team of destiny, op

8 and 8 forever gonna need a canceled game

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bucs hosting the Saints is very plausible which will probably have people carted off in body bags.

If brady is one of them, then it was worth it

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Here’s hoping Tannehill gets Covid this week.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

TheBizzness posted:

Here’s hoping Tannehill gets Covid this week.

So you want the Dolphins to lose?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Saints aren’t making the playoffs.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

really queer Christmas posted:

If brady is one of them, then it was worth it

:haibrower:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

i dont see how the saints make the playoffs at this point

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Relentlessboredomm posted:

i dont see how the saints make the playoffs at this point

They're 7-8 with Panthers and @Falcons left, so have a pretty reasonable chance to win out. But, they're just so ravaged right now, can't really pick them to beat anybody, but let's say they get a ton of people back.

There's 2 8-7 teams holding the last 2 WC spots, 49ers (Texans, @Rams), and Eagles (@Football Team, Cowboys). Bad news? Both the Boys and Rams could be resting players, which could end this right there

Eagles also have a straight up tiebreaker over the Saints, and the 49ers have a better conference record, so yeah, the Saints are pretty much hosed if the Texans or Football Team don't come through..... So yup.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

They're 7-8 with Panthers and @Falcons left, so have a pretty reasonable chance to win out. But, they're just so ravaged right now, can't really pick them to beat anybody, but let's say they get a ton of people back.

There's 2 8-7 teams holding the last 2 WC spots, 49ers (Texans, @Rams), and Eagles (@Football Team, Cowboys). Bad news? Both the Boys and Rams could be resting players, which could end this right there

Eagles also have a straight up tiebreaker over the Saints, and the 49ers have a better conference record, so yeah, the Saints are pretty much hosed if the Texans or Football Team don't come through..... So yup.

Rams can’t rest anyone if they want to hold that 2 seed and Cowboys can’t if they want that slim hope at the 1 seed.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I do get it. I just dont see a playoff game for the Ravens even being fun to watch right about now.

counterpoint - it will be lots of fun because you'll have zero expectations and maybe they'll surprise you.

the Ravens playoff game(s) this year would be whatever the opposite of the 2019 Titans game was. which was possibly the most excruciating game I've ever watched.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Rams can’t rest anyone if they want to hold that 2 seed and Cowboys can’t if they want that slim hope at the 1 seed.

If the schedule holds, by that time the rams play the Niners the Packers, Cowboys, and Bucs will all have finished their games. They’ll At least be deciding knowing what if anything is at stake

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

DeimosRising posted:

If the schedule holds, by that time the rams play the Niners the Packers, Cowboys, and Bucs will all have finished their games. They’ll At least be deciding knowing what if anything is at stake

NFL regularly moves games around on the final day to try and ensure there are no meaningless games though. Rams game might be moved earlier so they play at the same time as the Bucs and Cowboys so they have to try and win.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Rams have the 3 seed and if the Rams and Cowboys they will finish 3 and 2 respectively. I don’t think McVay gives a poo poo about seeding if he’s not getting the bye as long as they win the division.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

AndrewP posted:

counterpoint - it will be lots of fun because you'll have zero expectations and maybe they'll surprise you.

Kawalimus doesn’t watch football for “fun”. He watches it as part of some bizarre ritual outlet for feelings that birding or the corpses hidden in his attic failed to satisfy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The difference between the #2 and the #3 seed is meaningless. Without Green Bay losing a game, they're keeping #1. If the vikings can't get it done this coming weekend, green bay is the #1 seed and week 18 is pretty meaningless for the NFC.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

The difference between the #2 and the #3 seed is meaningless. Without Green Bay losing a game, they're keeping #1. the vikings can't get it done this coming weekend, green bay is the #1 seed and week 18 is pretty meaningless for the NFC.

Fixed for you OP

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm gonna come quote you when this all comes true and for a brief while you'll take of the empty seat of seer ever since the prophesied overtime safety finish.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Arizona still controls their division title destiny, so you'd need Rams winning @Bal and Cards losing @Dal (both certainly reasonable) next week in order for St. Louis (gently caress Kroenke) to rest folks in Wk18.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I’m not sure calling a Vikings chokejob is strong evidence of clairvoyance.