Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the jury has been out on this one for like 20 years
is this guy cool or not?

like hes strong or fast or something but also hes also mostly blind (nobody else in this universe is blind, just him) and he also seems to be really cantankerous and cant get along with others

riddick is cool / pros:

- universal appeal (its a space movie)
- completely 100% hairless
- cant play dungeons and dragons when making science fiction movies
- cant do fast and furious when making science fiction movies

riddick is a loving idiot loser / cons

- captured like 3 times. in fact he gets captured every loving movie. idiot.
- he is the last of a dead race but then there are secret furians everywhere anyway (goku already did this)
- nobody watched these movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

theres even another movie coming out because nobody can decide if this guy is actually cool or not

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
There thread over you're welcome.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I watched the one set on the piss planet. I thought it was cool that most of the movie was shot from the villains' point of view.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

like this is either actually 'awesome' or maybe its 'dumb as gently caress'

theres no middle ground

very polarizing

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Years ago I read a magazine and apperently Vin Diesel can actually do the 360 arm rotation/dislocation trick. It was the only place I ever heard that.

I've always wondered if that is what started 'Vin Diesel Facts'.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

im dame judi dench's unemployed manager after booking her for this movie

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Valko posted:

Years ago I read a magazine and apperently Vin Diesel can actually do the 360 arm rotation/dislocation trick. It was the only place I ever heard that.

I've always wondered if that is what started 'Vin Diesel Facts'.

that would make his arm a wheel and there are no wheels in nature

but is it cool????

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Bin Diesel

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i think i actually posted this same thread like 8 years ago

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Its about family, OP

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Skmeone change my av to a shirtless glistening vincent diesel

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I like Vin Diesel and the Riddick games are really cool.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

They had to change his name to Vincent Petrol for the british release

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

riddick actually has a secret super power where everything around him turns to yellow

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

More like Chronicles of MY DICK.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I feel like the game was surprisingly good. But also i could be crazy

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I like the series. He's strong, and is aware, hence staying alive, but also he's just a dude winging it, hence getting caught and hosed up a bunch.

Riddick is a dude who is good at winging things.

The Chronicles of Ad Libs.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Chronicles of Diddick

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Im riddick

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I think Riddick is cool. I even liked the bideo game!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Hahahaha! Yeah that’s the one!!

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Was his relationship with the space cat sexual in nature?

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
Keith David was in them and he's pretty cool idk seems like a toss up really

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
He's very strong and handsome and doesn't afraid of anything. He has my vote. Also aliens and spaceships.

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
We also had a guy that looked exactly like him at work when vin diesel got famous and we started calling him vin regular unleaded

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
He plays Dungeons and Dragons so he is extremely cool. HTH, OP.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4HLBfTcAUg

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Applewhite posted:

He plays Dungeons and Dragons so he is extremely cool. HTH, OP.

haa ha ok mom get off the computer you're embarrassing me

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

GolfHole posted:

like this is either actually 'awesome' or maybe its 'dumb as gently caress'

It is absolutely both of these things, this isn't that hard to understand

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Excellent; we can now answer the title question.
No, OP, he is not.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

No.

Vin Diesel the actor is a humourless self aggrandizing nerd who turned an anti-hero into a giant Mary-Sue character who has to be the bestest, toughest, magicest badarse who survived the universes worst prison but is also a goodie who gets to kill people in tough ways because thats what he does whilst saving the world.

Pitch Black is good. gently caress everything* else Vin Diesel has a hand in.

*Except for the the bit in the Fast and the Furious movie where the Rock flexed his muscles so hard he broke his cast, and then fired a helicopter gun at Vin Diesel and Jason Statham fighting on a carpark with wrenches. That was cool.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

any cool riddick lore?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I kind of lost interest once it was about the riddicklorians who give you the force or whatever

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

hell astro course posted:

any cool riddick lore?

I heard he once did a fart so loud an stinky that it startled a nearby cow. The cow then gave only sour milk for the rest of her days and had to be shot in the head.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Anyone listening to Paul Wall

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Riddick films are better than Star Trek movies, so they are not total poo poo, but they are not cool either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

I watched pitch black... I couldn't see poo poo!!