Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
I was reading the Canada thread and why it sucks, and somebody posted America is better but America sucks too. Brits say the UK sucks and it seems like nobody likes where they live. However, some country must be good, or at least sucks the least. Which country is it? Norway? Malaysia? Paraguay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The only truly free country is the Principality of Sealand

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
bhutan maybe?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to get out of the hellhole that is Brazil and I've been asking myself the same question for a while now, OP.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Finland

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

i've heard this Tom guy you have up there is pretty cool

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
The problem is humans suck OP, so everywhere they live is going to have problems.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica
It turned out Bhutan was not so good for minorities. Any Swiss goons here? I’ve heard Swiss

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Seasteading is the only true answer

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
COUNTRY THUNDER

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You remember that episode of Family Guy where it turns out that the house wasnt technically a part of the US and Peter founded his own nation of Petoria?

Yeah that episode sucked

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I've Benin there and done that OP :grin:

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Im a big fan of Chinese food, and they have some really cool stuff like Kung fu as well. So I guess the best country in the world would be china.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
They’re all bad OP

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

teardrop posted:

It turned out Bhutan was not so good for minorities. Any Swiss goons here? I’ve heard Swiss

The Swiss are so racist they banned minarets.
Maybe New Zealand for least-worst?

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Antarctica

It's not really a country. But it has penguins.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
bluegrass

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Norway and the Netherlands seem good I think but it's hard to judge from the outside

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Doctor J Off posted:

Norway and the Netherlands seem good I think but it's hard to judge from the outside

The Dutch are racist so maybe Norway then

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
In my experience modern-day Germany is less racist than Scandinavia.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The Russian federation is just loving peachy

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Under rated comment

Apparently everywhere sucks OP. There is no escape from the suck.

Canada is beautiful but racist. America has a lot to do but conservative and in decline eating itself alive. Scandinavian countries have good quality of life but not as friendly. China will murder you for sneezing. Russia is historic but you will be a drunk daredevil trying to feel something by putting your life at risk. South America has nature but drugs and you will be killed by drug lord named Pablo funded by the CIA. Australia has beaches but no ozone so you will roast alive.

New Zealand may be ok…if the Maori don’t eat you and poo poo you out to insult you.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 27, 2021

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Flavor Country :clint:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Taiwan #1

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
america doesn't suck. YOU suck

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
America is by far the best country I've ever been to.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

it's just a feeling, OP. Sometimes you might be in a country and it's like "Yep, pretty good here" and other times it might be "not sure about this country", and they change given the time and the souls of people. This is why you gotta be careful about the idea of countries OP. A country might have been super cool when you were walking around 3450 years ago and it's like 'you can get grain here no problem' then you come back and it's like 'oh everyone is mad as hell and there's no grain no more', you might not even LIKE grain. truly puzzling. you really got me thinking... Anyway, England is bad.

DJ Sizzle
Jul 24, 2002

ASK ME ABOUT BEING OLD
Fun Shoe
Marlboro country

I would say if I am looking at fundamentals and growth rate - I would be looking at Turkey (the currency crisis will fix itself) Georgia, Mexico, countries not over leveraged with US dollar denominated debt at the government level - but private sector. Take advantage of the dollar loving everyone and go where there is blood on the streets.

Essentkally MINT vs BRIC

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The worst country would probably be something like yugoslavia because it doesn't exist anymore because it was so bad OH :slick:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

You need to be more specific than that OP. Good at what?

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

EorayMel posted:

The worst country would probably be something like yugoslavia because it doesn't exist anymore because it was so bad OH :slick:

actually i think we gotta account countries that no longer exist as much as countries that will... this isn't gonna be easy... and I think you might be right that yugoslavia doesn't rank but like you got a really good point. People love writing alternate history fiction like "what if the nazis won" who cares.... Alternate History Fiction where Yugoslavia is successful and cool.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
North Korea :kimchi:

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

people seem really excited about palestine so it must be pretty good

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Most countries are good. It's the people who are bad imho (in my honest opinion).

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

“Outlaw” Country is p good (Johnny cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, etc.), but I’ve always been partial to Townes Van Zandt and Dwight Yoakam personally.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Brother Tadger posted:

“Outlaw” Country is p good (Johnny cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, etc.), but I’ve always been partial to Townes Van Zandt and Dwight Yoakam personally.

I do have a soft spot for Big and Rich’s Save a Horse and Ride a Cowboy.

Sturgill Simpson’s last album was nice.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdT_BygNBZs

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

people seem really excited about palestine so it must be pretty good

Fatah is extremely corrupt and Hamas are free-market anti-communists who don't believe in infrastructure construction.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

The X-man cometh posted:

Fatah is extremely corrupt and Hamas are free-market anti-communists who don't believe in infrastructure construction.

hmm, well, any publicity is good publicity so id say theyre doing a good job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Macedonia might be good they just eat big piles of meat all day [citation needed]