Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I bought a case of Stella Artois Cidre yesterday and tried one. It didn't taste exactly as I was expecting, but it was very good.

Stella's been my go-to since it's relatively cheap for a six-pack and is less sweet than the other semi-dry ciders at the closest decent liquor store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Heady was good at the time, it’s still good, but now there are beers that have surpassed it. If you’ve never had it before or are in an area where it’s rare, it’s a cool beer to try. I only had it for the first time maybe 2 years ago and I was super stoked to finally try it. I’ve bought it like once or twice more since then but I don’t really seek it out anymore. If I want an NEIPA I live 30 minutes from Tree House.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Leroy Dennui posted:

Stella's been my go-to since it's relatively cheap for a six-pack and is less sweet than the other semi-dry ciders at the closest decent liquor store.

I've been drinking Angry Orchard crisp apple, which is good, but Stella's cidre is honestly better. It's just not as easy to find in my little college town.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I'm at a bar that serves quarts as well as pints, so about to have a nice quart of Moose Drool. One of the better brown ales around.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Popped this bad boy with the GF for our anniversary a week ago. Its by far the oldest beer I've ever had & tasted great. Very sour but in a good way (idk, im not good with describing flavor)

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
drank a sapporo today at a restaurant. not great, but not bad.

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

This was not the improvement I was asking for!

It was a good night, Friday night for beer and Letterkenny with a good friend. That White Oak was the last one in my stash. 2016 and still good as hell. Both were great sipping beers and were enhanced by Doritos, guacamole, and the joy of good company whilst watching good poo poo.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

drank a sapporo today at a restaurant. not great, but not bad.
Agreed. It's a perfectly serviceable mealtime beer, but not something I'd go out of my way for to drink over a session.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Agreed. It's a perfectly serviceable mealtime beer, but not something I'd go out of my way for to drink over a session.

Unlike Tsingtao which I will drink with reckless abandon.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Literally A Person posted:

Unlike Tsingtao which I will drink with reckless abandon.

Good idea, I think I'll have one now!

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

Recently tried this - Wicked Weed's Appalachia IPA. Not my usual choice as a chronic PBR & Tecate drinker lmao, but honestly? For an IPA, really solid. I don't have much to compare it to, but worth a try.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

binge crotching posted:

I'm at a bar that serves quarts as well as pints, so about to have a nice quart of Moose Drool. One of the better brown ales around.

Moose Drool rules!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

bagmonkey posted:

Moose Drool rules!

Yes it does. Best part is we had 4 beers and paid for 1, because the owner is a cool dude.

And because I've probably put his kids through college with the money I've spent over the last dozen years or so

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Timothy Taylor's Landlord Pale Ale. Probably one of the best Pale Ales ever made, at least in my books. Great malts, great bitterness, great balance. Styrian Goldings, Fuggles, that great UK/Euro-stank. It's just all around a benchmark awesome Pale Ale. A random find at a big beer chain. I have no idea how this got to my neck of the woods so fresh and un-hosed.

Billy Ray Blowjob fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jun 23, 2022

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

binge crotching posted:

ugggghhh i'm so jealous. memories of trips to wyoming. along with bitch creek some of the best aba I've ever had.

it's a style I just simply cannot get in ontario

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
This is an ultra-local cider that I don’t think gets sold outside of parts of CT but it’s a banger.

No weird adjuncts or fancy yeast strains, just boozy New England cider, available for like three months out of the year. Wishing I’d grabbed another 4-pack.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Got some NY strips at the butcher, gonna grab a 6er from trader joes in a bit. Gonna grill'n'drill tonight boys :cheers:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It's 96 degrees out and you know what that means that's right it's radler time

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
These look so delicious with a meal.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Drinking a Maine beer co Little Whale Boat, which I’ve never had before, and I don’t think it’s possible for MBC to make a bad beer. Easily my favorite brewery.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Hot day.

Pacifico.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Some beers I had on Friday! I've been buying nice single beers at the local fancy market to try new poo poo.

It tastes like a traditional heffeweizen, very banana forward with that delicious wheat body and smooth but fruity finish. I absolutely loving love traditional heffeweizens so much.

Second was a Dopplebock by Transient Ales. It was extremely good, but pretty heavy and not something I'd want more than one of. It was a bit boozy at 8.5% but still had a delicious dopplebock body, even tho it was a boozy finish.

I also drank like a poo poo ton of Labatt Blue on Saturday too. It tasted like a Canadian Lawn Mowing Beer.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I am delighted to report that 1911's small batch Watermelon Mint cider is the tits and feels like more than the 6.9% it claims to be.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
drinking some m-43 and its good

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I bought a Voodoo Ranger variety case. It's ok.

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

This was not the improvement I was asking for!

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

drinking some m-43 and its good

I really, really enjoy that stuff. Thanks for reminding me I have some around!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I have to actually sit down and gather together all the neat poo poo I've been trying lately. Especially lots of NAs lately. If you're in MI, Short's Thirst Mutilator is the god drat best hop water thing I've ever had. I loving love it.
'
Also probably more widely available, Two Roots' Helles is the absolute best craft NA beer I've had. Taste exactly like a nice malty helles, has a wonderful start while cold and opens up to a delicious malty palette on the backend. I think those are the words I meant to type, idk. It's really good though, to the point that I've already bought a second pack.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bagmonkey posted:

Also probably more widely available, Two Roots' Helles is the absolute best craft NA beer I've had. Taste exactly like a nice malty helles, has a wonderful start while cold and opens up to a delicious malty palette on the backend. I think those are the words I meant to type, idk. It's really good though, to the point that I've already bought a second pack.

I’ll have to try it. The only Two Roots product I’ve had is their IPA and I absolutely hated it.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’ll have to try it. The only Two Roots product I’ve had is their IPA and I absolutely hated it.

I'm hesitant to try the others because I like the Helles so much. Athletic Brewing is the only place that I've seen have consistent decent-to-good products

Also appears that I'll be checking out some pretty awesome breweries and meaderies and cider places and whatnot while up north!!!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
ive never tried a NA craft beer. maybe i should change that

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

ive never tried a NA craft beer. maybe i should change that

My digestive system has taken a turn over the past few years towards not liking alcohol, so I started to sub in some NA beers to help lessen the pain. It's worked pretty well so far and it seems like the NA craft brew industry is starting to pick up, so that's exciting too. I really hope in the future we just see breweries/cider or mead places have a half alcoholic, half NA menu. That'd be paradise for me

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Stopping in at my aunt's house on the way home from a work trip, this is from her local brewery and very tasty if you like IPAs.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Are you drinking a fuckin Hamm's Draft rn? If not, gonna say... You're doing it wrong

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bagmonkey posted:

Are you drinking a fuckin Hamm's Draft rn? If not, gonna say... You're doing it wrong

I’m doing it wrong :(

Also:

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m doing it wrong :(

Also:

It's Rafi from The League, got a pocket dog to pair with that Hamms?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Radio Nowhere posted:

It's Rafi from The League, got a pocket dog to pair with that Hamms?

Dude I almost bought this jacket that has a dedicated glizzy pocket

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Any Washingtonians who can make it out to Winthrop should check out the Methow cider house. Great ciders, and they (currently) only make six, so you can try all of them in one flight.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Abita Turbodog on draft, bitch!!!!!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I drank a bunch of ciders last night I don't remember what they were called but there is a giraffe on the lable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Creed Arms Wide Open is playing right now, ironically, but they played it the whole way through. This bar used to be my jam but wow, how the mighty have fallen