Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

More like bored games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Does anyone else here work TG retail?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

For the record, this news is appropriate for both threads to discuss.

And fantastic news, at that.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

It's really sad to see those responses.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

girl dick energy posted:

More Gloomhaven video game trip report: Getting mollywhopped by a difficult encounter doesn't feel nearly as bad in this version when setting up to give it another go is as quick as clicking "retry" or "return to Gloomhaven", instead of 15 minutes of set-up/teardown, and the game flows much better in general. It almost feels like this is the game as it was meant to be and the board game is a clunky-but-faithful adaptation.

Edit: Big shout-out to the modding support, and incorporating a ton of common house rules as optional rules you can toggle on or off (including the ever-loved 'summoned monsters still drop gold').

Honestly there are plenty of board games that would be better served as video games and this feels like it's one of them to me.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Funzo posted:

I know this has come up before, but are there recommendations for board game card sleeves, or just get whatever is cheap?

https://www.sleeveyourgames.com is very useful

S.J.
May 19, 2008

armorer posted:

Speaking of Aeon's End, has anyone kept up with the new not-Aeon's End coop deckbuilder by the same designers? I have so much Aeon's End still to play that I didn't look too hard at it, but I am still curious if it's any good.

I haven't heard of this at all, what's it called?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Thanks! I love Aeon's End and I had no idea this was coming out.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Let me just google tha- What in the goddamn blue gently caress, do you have a source on this?!

This has been known for a long time unfortunately

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Broken Loose posted:

is it meeple/meeples or is it merson/meeple?

Holy poo poo

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Jarvisi posted:

Is miniature market just done now? I ordered something 2 weeks ago, no shipping and no response to phone calls or emails

Top of the website says they're unpacking at a new facility?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Super Skill Pinball 4cade definitely hits this perfectly. Solid game.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this and the holiday version. The Dinosaur Island Rawr 'n Write might be good for the kids too.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I know it's not available to everyone, but good LGS weed those people out very quickly. Hopefully there's something in your area you can find. I wouldn't blame you for throwing in the towel though.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I suddenly want to buy Caverna now that there's an expansion with orcs and trolls and poo poo coming out.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Pvt. Parts posted:

"modular with high replayabilty"

I am also a level 99 fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

SettingSun posted:

Brought out an old classic(?) to play on Easter, the Resident Evil Deck Building Game. This game and all its expansions released before RE6 so all the art is full of nostalgia, with even more knocked-off names for guns. Like RE4's Chicago Typewriter (tragically in the remake called the Chicago Sweeper) is called the 'Gangster's Machine Gun'. It's more or less a clone of Dominion -- 1 action 1 buy 1 explore, with an open market but you're trying to acquire weapons to defeat monsters you draw from a central Mansion deck. When someone takes out the Biggest Monster everyone tallies score and highest wins. It's not without flaws of course; because you have a singular goal to kill monsters as quickly and efficiently as possible you are likely to come up with dead turns where you didn't draw any weapons nor ammo for them and you don't want to gum up your deck by buying something. Or you know the Big Bad is around the corner and you know he has 90 HP so it would be actually irrational to explore when you can't do so with at least that much power. Exploring is also optional so you can just run economy until you're OP which I think is against the spirit of the game but it would be hard to counter without changing how the Mansion deck works.

I'm sure I didn't play it enough to find the issues, but I thoroughly enjoyed this game every time I played it.