Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Tekopo posted:

We need someone to post all the old memes like fukken cubes

I got u fam

Hello, 2022 board games thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Jedit posted:

Caylus 1303 does not replace the original, from what I hear. Also AFFO isn't an iteration on Agricola. You're probably thinking of Caverna.

A bit of non-US input for retailers:

UK: the most reliable and best stocked retailers are GamesQuest and BoardGameGuru. GamesQuest offer free shipping on orders over £50; BGGuru charge varying amounts for shipping depending on whether you want Saturday or morning delivery, but offer discounts on orders above £50 that scale up to a 10% discount on orders of £250.

EU: I haven't heard of anyone with a better rep than Philibert. Shipping is free on orders above €60 in France and €90 in Zone A (the original 12 EU nations); after that it gets complicated.

Caylus 1303 streamlines Caylus, and it definitely comes out quite a bit lighter than the original. I like 'em both.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

FulsomFrank posted:

Kind of related to the conversation/a bit of a non-sequitor but conflict averse is a pretty apt descriptor I think but in a few of my gaming circles it's the type of conflict that people are averse to. We've been playing bloodless TRACK GO UP Euros for so long that whenever there are direct "take-that" conflicts no one is accustomed to it and the reactions are quite negative and it can result in hurt feelings. That said, I've seen some blowups over the most anodyne and hilarious poo poo including a friend losing it on his wife when she outbid him on the winter tile he had been working toward in Keyflower. Not exactly invading someone's home system in TI:4 is it?

Contrast that with some other groups who play a wider variety of gently caress YOU games and there's none of those issues and everyone generally has a way better time and doesn't take it personally when bad poo poo happens to them.

Once I fairly-regularly played with a guy who would always go after people in games, but our group was mostly chill so we just rolled with it.

Finally I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine, and he acted like I personally killed his mother :shrug:

manero
Jan 30, 2006

El Burro seems to be the sequel to La Granja, which I absolutely adored. Crowdfunded-only, and it's only got a few days left for orders. Seems to be a little heavier than La Granja.

There isn't much content out about it, a few videos and the rulebook. I've never crowdfunded a game before, but this one is tempting. Kinda pricey.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Grundma posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations on 2 player games to take camping? Normally I'd bring Race for the Galaxy but I've played it a ton and the other person I'm going with has never played so it wont be a fair matchup. Id like something on the meatier side if possible but open to suggestions.

Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small is a great scaled down version of Agricola, focusing on the animal husbandry aspect.