Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Getting into while I'm traveling for work. Local community is really awesome and has dumped a metric fuckton of commons on me to build commoner decks. Really liking the gameplay, not entirely sold on the distribution model. But hey, opened a cold foil legendary during a draft so that's neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

CitizenKeen posted:

I don't follow Flesh and Blood, but I'm seeing a lot of Hobby Drama about something at Nationals and Pummels.

Sorry to butt into your thread, but can someone please explain to me what all the hullaballoo is about if I don't play FAB but do play enough other TCGs to me that you don't have to explain what a trigger is?

Can't find anything on this topic, where are you seeing discussion about this drama?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I will say, Sealed feels rough for this set. The delta between having a rare headpiece and not is huge. One of the core mechanics (clash) can be super swingy and a clash you should win a huge amount of the time (Kayo vs Warrior, for instance) going poorly can throw tempo into the trash and piss all over its corpse.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

LifeLynx posted:

Clash was despised in Magic, and that was in 2007. It's too random. If it was a mixed class set maybe you could be sure your Guardian deck would win a clash against a Ninja, but here it's likely your opponent has a similar power average in their deck.

It feels even worse than MtG Clash. In Magic, losing a clash only failed to give you a bonus to your card, so you paid a half mana or so too much for the effect you got.

Clash also let you manipulate your top deck, either for subsequent clashes or for your draw.

In FaB losing a clash benefits your opponent. Since the majority of clashes are when you defend, you can't rely on the clash for your turn AND your opponent gets to have a blocking turn with knowledge that they have the clash benefits if they won the clash.

And since FaB clash doesn't let you scry/opt the card to top or bottom it feels rougher in multiples.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

LifeLynx posted:

It's really bad in sealed. Apparently it's making big waves for Kayo in CC however.

I can see that. When you can build your deck to be mostly clash 7+ and able to sideboard out effects when you can't reliably win clashes is where it will shine.