Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Jcam posted:

Some night we should arrange something where our schedules all link up and we can play some webcam games/spectate a few and chat about how things play out. I was really tempted by Ice Lexi but went all-in on Kano instead, so her lines really interest me.

ShaneB posted:

I/we are like barely scratching the surface on her lines. Ranger is perhaps the most flavorful class to me, though, which is a blast. But agreed. I'm hoping to turn Wednesday night into "LGS" night but since there are like 11,000 cases a day in Colorado I'm not stepping into these stores where 90% of the players are unmasked. Would be good to test and play instead until this wave dies down.

Yeah, I have kind of a strange schedule right now, but I'm down to find something. Wednesday nights generally work. TTS might be preferable for me since I've already got that setup & don't have a webcam. Talking through lines would be cool though, like Shane said we're barely scratching the surface I think. I'm pretty sure I punted multiple turns game 1 and game 2 last night. I've only played like, 3 actual games of CC total though. Game itself is a lot tighter & more fun than I expected from all the speculation/finance bullshit surrounding it, I want to dig in more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Jcam posted:

My schedule is filled up for Wednesday nights for a little while (we're currently in lockdown and I'm doing a virtual event weekly on Wednesdays) but eventually I'd be down for that!

I can generally make a given weeknight work, just Fri/Sat are out

Back Alley Borks posted:

I'm very excited for an Ice Wizard, I already play Kano Blitz so I'll enjoy brewing whatever cards come out for her. Her ability means you're gonna want all 6 Stirs. I'll also slam whatever Ice non-attacks are good in my Ice Lexi deck, since it's in serious need of a boost at the moment!

Wednesdays are usually the one free night for me, once I have free nights again. I'm hoping that'll start happening next week for me.

yeah, I'm curious to see what the new Ice/whatever stuff brings, I enjoyed playing Lexi last night

I'd also like to get a little practice for wtr limited because I signed up for one of those farewell drafts if anyone's interested in trying to walk through that

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I preordered some, but not sure how long shipping'll take. I was hoping for a C&C reprint in this set, I still don't really have a complete deck at this point and was holding off on the pricier staples to see the full spoiler, but they've gone up like another $20 already.

I did one draft event, didn't open anything exciting and went like 1-5 but got a cool CF Rhinar anyway. Round one, the guy swung for 16? dominate on t2 and I'd opted to soak a hammer hit turn one to get the most out of my hand. Apparently he went undefeated all weekend. I had two pretty close games vs Katsu, a game vs. another Katsu whose deck just didn't do much, and I had a couple pretty good early turns with big hits off reprise/reactions. I think we got paired cross pod in the first few games.

I did get an extra Tunic in the product we opened practicing, if anyone needs a CRU Tunic. I'd be up for some CC TTS games again now that draft is over, I also want to try out new Bravo once the set lands.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Mine showed up yesterday after all, not much of note in it though. CF Earthlore, CF Arcane Lantern. Very much not worth the cost overall. No legendaries, no extended arts, I think those were the only CFs offhand.

I've been messing around with new Bravo a little bit on TTS, but I'm mostly waiting for someone better than me to come up with a decent list. Tried to piece together a starting point based around the Earthlore, some of the hands felt a little awkward so far. There are also so many different lines of play available between Crown, various card draw effects/surge tokens, plus tutoring with things like Show Time, Awakening & Imposing Visage it's hard to evaluate a given hand/turn as a new player. Reps~

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Yeah, I also recognize myself mentally trying to maximize my 4 card hand, rather than evaluating it in terms of what my opponent's doing. I've mostly played Lexi at this point though. Any of y'all doing PQs? Someone cancelled so I got a slot this weekend after all, but I still don't feel remotely prepared for it. I just opened/bought/traded into most of new Bravo, but I think switching decks at this point would be an even worse idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

yeah, the community discord was surprisingly fine in my experience

otherwise yeah, tcgplayer or like cfbmarket