Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Jcam posted:

Spoilers are starting to come out for the new supplementary set, and I’m running around excited like a toddler. Can’t wait.

New Blitz Wizard Hero means I can pivot from Kano pretty easily and also try a completely new, control-oriented playstyle.

ice wizard is my favorite weedeater track

Pretty hyped for the new set, both for cards and interesting cold foils. Supposedly there are like 30+, and something about the Carnival slot sounds new/different?

I've been continuing to focus on Chane, but also reading a lot about Ice Lexi. I played some games with @Hauki last night, him on Ice Lexi and me on Chane. Fun games for sure. I messed up a turn or two and allowed him to pivot HARD, and he came back from being down 4 to 26 life or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Jcam posted:

Some night we should arrange something where our schedules all link up and we can play some webcam games/spectate a few and chat about how things play out. I was really tempted by Ice Lexi but went all-in on Kano instead, so her lines really interest me.

I/we are like barely scratching the surface on her lines. Ranger is perhaps the most flavorful class to me, though, which is a blast. But agreed. I'm hoping to turn Wednesday night into "LGS" night but since there are like 11,000 cases a day in Colorado I'm not stepping into these stores where 90% of the players are unmasked. Would be good to test and play instead until this wave dies down.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Interesting errata and bans. Probably hurts my man Chane a bit but who knows until everfest.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

First Time Caller posted:

Seems fun, especially from a deckbuilding angle - but not sure why they're making Bravo "elemental". Is the everfest lore something about our heroes getting imbued with elemental power or some poo poo?

Probably more about keeping your OG heroes from being power crept out of the game as they add talents and elements. :D

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I'm just hoping that Chane is still good into Prism because man she's gonna be everywhere. And Guardian is still absurd.... I'm hopeful for a new meta but I also don't feel like anything in this set is going to lower the cost of entry, which was one of my hopes.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Jcam posted:

We're likely going to see some very strong Viserai decks with the new tools Runeblade got, early testing in our group has really shown Viserai is able to sideboard more effectively into different match-ups, ramp up runechants faster, and be more aggressive with the midrange style as well.

Yeah, I'm going to have to practice and learn Vis to have more Runechant variety. I think Chane got enough good replacements and upgrades to be even better than he is now, although I'm still not sure if we know what losing Plunder Run really did. I really like Swarming Gloomveil and Revel in Runeblood, along with Bingo from the Generic pile.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Ranger is by far the most flavorful class in the game, IMO, but I think is a lot more finicky to play and requires arsenal discipline from everything I've seen and read. Ranger (or at least Lexi) can consistently get above breakpoints which is helpful for creating card inefficiencies on the opponents end, while disrupting their resources and potentially their hand. Three of a Kind turns are kind of the real draw for Ranger, I think, to get in for a bunch of damage going wide, but at the same time Chane sort of gets to do this inherently with the banish zone as well, albeit with the reduced rate of the blood debt cards.

Lexi is definitely one of the heroes that interests me the most on play style and card availability, so I hope she remains viable into the new meta. I know people say she just can't beat Guardians, but I've been reading strategies from players that make it sound manageable with discipline.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Back Alley Borks posted:

I had a big brain moment last night after a friend of mine said someone was having success in Lightning Lexi, and that they weren't using any new cards except Fatigue Shot. I figured out what they were doing from that and ended up making a list that is pretty consistently aggressive and doesn't run a lot of the usual Lightning Lexi suspects (Light It Up didn't make the cut, for example).

I'm the seagulls from Finding Nemo but instead of saying "mine" I am saying "list"

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Back Alley Borks posted:

The first Battle Hardened is happening in the US now, and apparently five of the top 8 are Bravostar. The other three are Chane and Briar, which blows my mind. The fact that Chane would perform better than Viserai with the new cards seems insane to me.

Chane rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Anyone interested in buying a collection, or at least a bunch of good cards? I have a basically complete Lexi deck before the last set or so, some other Ls, etc. DM me if interested.