Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This promo loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Kenoh just absolutely declaring war here. Excellent.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
That got me hyped for Jan 8th

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kongoh pose will always get me hype

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Kongo is the coolest faction in wrestling

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God I wish the crowds were allowed to react because there is some insanely great poo poo going on in Japanese Pro-Wrestling nowadays.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

English commentary seems to have called the wrong move btw, that wasn't an Emerald Flowsion, it was Sasaki's Northern Lights Bomb.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kenoh was getting so mad at NJPW you'd think they'd booked him to wrestle House of Torture.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Wrestle Universe continues to bring the good poo poo. Reminder to all who missed it, this mornings ZERO1 show streamed on WU as well. Both the Asuka match and the top two matches are well worth the time, if only to see what Tanaka and Sugiura were doing before they had to come wrestle at the Budokan as well

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Kongoh Unit Best Unit

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Kenoh was getting so mad at NJPW you'd think they'd booked him to wrestle House of Torture.

Nakajima versus Go should have been a loser has to wrestle Evil match. Would have raised the stakes even more.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Pylons posted:

English commentary seems to have called the wrong move btw, that wasn't an Emerald Flowsion, it was Sasaki's Northern Lights Bomb.

That's defeinitely a better story, though I suppose calling it Emerald Flowsion let's them lean into the I AM NOAH bit

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

fell asleep p early on and was briefly awoken by nakajima's victory promo. just watched tag title, kenta match, and national title unspoiled. did not expect kenoh t to retain both because his unitmate did and i assumed they' wanted kiyomiya with a belt on 1.8

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Are the last two matches worth the time or was there more to watch from the ppv?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

Are the last two matches worth the time or was there more to watch from the ppv?

I would say that most of the card was worth it, although it was a long card. At minimum everything from Mutoh and Marufuji vs Tanaka and Mochizuki onwards is excellent.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Please watch the KENTA match (and postmatch), it is amazing.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Please watch the KENTA match (and postmatch), it is amazing.

Yes this

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The Kenta match was the most fun but the mains are worth it if you like high intensity and a lot of very painful moves matches

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

fez_machine posted:

The Kenta match was the most fun but the mains are worth it if you like high intensity and a lot of very painful moves matches

especially if you're a fan of really loving unwise moves onto or off of ramps.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

Cool, the uncrowned aces of their respective stables and their hangers on

Can't tell which match this is about but regardless, screw you, Haoh, Nioh, Tadasuke & Aleja all rule :colbert:

First 3 matches have all been real solid, but especially loved the Kongo Stinger tag.

Also getting to actually heae Seperados, the best part of an Ultimo Dragon match.

It's fun that the NOAH home team juniors are Harada & Kotoge from Osaka Pro and Ohara started in Toryumon Mexico before having having his first extended run in Japan with...Osaka Pro.

Pretty sure Stewart Fulton has found 3 different terms for getting hit in the dick so far and we've not even finished match 4.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Can't tell which match this is about but regardless, screw you, Haoh, Nioh, Tadasuke & Aleja all rule :colbert:

Aleja does nothing for me, and much as I like watching Tadasuke Haoh is definitely the best junior in Kongoh.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Aleja does nothing for me, and much as I like watching Tadasuke Haoh is definitely the best junior in Kongoh.

No doubt that Haoh is #1 but I love them all. Kongo is basically a flawless stable as far as membership goes.

I like Aleja because he wears a mask & he does flippy stuff, I'm a simple man. (Actually I think his value is he is less of the technical guy and more of a traditional high flying junior, which YO-HEY aside, NOAH doesn't have much of. Plus his mask is cool)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Inamura starting to fight with anyone and everyone he can is great. Just him & KENTA being absolute bastards to each other is glorious. Such good poo poo.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

No doubt that Haoh is #1 but I love them all. Kongo is basically a flawless stable as far as membership goes.

I like Aleja because he wears a mask & he does flippy stuff, I'm a simple man. (Actually I think his value is he is less of the technical guy and more of a traditional high flying junior, which YO-HEY aside, NOAH doesn't have much of. Plus his mask is cool)

I'll pay that, only problem is that YO-HEY loving rules so Aleja looks not as good in comparison. I miss Full Throttle v2, the team of YO-HEY/Yoshioka/Ohara was the best poo poo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jesus but i loving love how often Kenoh wins by KO. He's such a badass while simultaneously being a big petulant baby and it rules excessively.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Just had the 20 minute call for the mainevent and do not believe it. Feels half that.

Just loving destroying each other :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Kenoh just absolutely declaring war here. Excellent.

Kenoh with the firey babyface promo!