Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

So, for most of the globe 2021 is done and 2022 is starting, and even with how relentlessly lovely 2021 was, I was curious: What were some of your favorite things about the last year? (if any?)
It doesn't have to be personal, the internet's been stuffed to the brim with idiocy far more potent than ever, so maybe there's just some dumb poo poo that happened at some point you really enjoyed.

Personally, after 2020 and the first bit of 2021 being a bit of a shitshow (even ignoring the pandemic), I got an interesting job offer in the summer, and ended up moving cross-country to start a job I very much enjoy.
It's the first job I've had after graduating that's been enjoyable to do and work with, and I've been managing to turn things around for my health, both mentally and physically on top of it all.
On top of that, I've become an uncle for 2 nieces this fall, and they're both healthy and growing strong (though I haven't been able to meet them both yet.), and I wish them the best.

And what about all of you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
I have a new baby and he's really chill.

Also...I'm not dead!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I explored a garbage-strewn forest just outside town; turns out the forest is in great condition further in, and home to lots of interesting birds (including my avatar) and meadows of tiny carnivorous plants. A real blessing in a pretty grim year.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Got promoted to exactly the level of work I’m best at, am gonna use that to possibly go do that level of work at the power plant I helped build for their conversion from natural gas to hydrogen, lost forty pounds, got properly medicated for my ADHD/TBIs, modded PYF for a second, overall not bad.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Rush Limbaugh dying

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

got a job working from home as a dog walker/sitter/pet go and check up on them guy, pays more than ive ever earned before and I get to be with my daughter while my son is at school and with my whole family the rest of the time, and we got lucky and took over a townhouse lease from my inlaws so were paying 1850 when the average townhouse is about 3300 a month here, and its rent protected

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I got married. Yay.

Also, my wife and I started a 00s themed club night towards the end of the year and had two very well attended nights, including my wife making her first ever DJ appearance. And she smashed it. Was very proud.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Vaccines, man. They're a godsend.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I got an unlocked and decently powerful smartphone for the first time ever (I had a history of just getting potato carrier phones), and got a smartwatch, and am now living in the cyberfuture.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

My wife and I bought a house and moved to a new city! The house needs some work done, but we absolutely love our new area. :unsmith:

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Got a job heading up a customer support team for a game dev company. So I managed to do up the old utility room into a decent office.

Got phone calls from my daughter’s school saying despite lockdowns, her learning remains above and beyond her yeargroup. I was main “teacher” during her lockdown period.

While I did put on the weight I lost during my previous job, I still feel healthy-ish. Know I need to get back and exercise so that’ll be a goal for 2022.

Grew some chillis and made some killer cayenne chilli jam, which blows the roof of my mouth off…it’s gorgeous.

Oh, triple vaxxed, didn’t catch it.

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008
I moved in with my girlfriend, got a dog, and quit a job at a company that was clearly circling the drain just in time for them to actually pay me the back pay they owed rather than just writing it off in their later bankruptcy declaration.

Lamprotornis
Jun 28, 2004

My happy place~
Left the human medical field. Now work in a veterinary lab for the same pay and about 1/3 the work and stress.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Got the first permanent full-time job of my life, and it's a really stable and well-paid work that I like doing too! :toot:

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I honestly have nothing positive to say about the last year at all.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

i must compose posted:

Also...I'm not dead!

This although in my case little babby is a she. I have not slept yet this year feels like though

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Both my parents died and my partner left me for my closest friend, which has given me the means and incentive to quit my soul-sucking job, move to another city and enroll in college full time. Here's to 2022 -- I know I came to regret saying this last year, but this year can't possibly be worse! But this year begins with a brand new start. I know nobody here, I have no attachments, no past or future. I'm just here going to college, blank slate.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I had an annual doctor appointment on Thursday and apparently I lost 11 pounds in 2021, so :confuoot:

I don't feel like I did a good job on my health, but had been trying to improve my diet, so I guess it helped? I still get jack poo poo for exercise and am carrying at least 15 pounds more than I should, I think.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
This thread is nice
I clicked on it to say gently caress nothing was good at all but reading some of these at least made me feel good for a second.
I'm happy for some of you:)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

i must compose posted:

Also...I'm not dead!

:same:, except for the chill part sometimes and the "I'm not dead" part.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
I got to use the phrase "A woman with a penis, capable of sexually penetrating" in a job interview.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

felt less lovely than in 2020

Althalin
Nov 19, 2019

Putting the ham in Chamon
Pork Pro
Got promoted into a position that actually pays me what I'm worth, doing work I enjoy.
Got married.

Both pretty good imo!

Rascar Capac posted:

I got to use the phrase "A woman with a penis, capable of sexually penetrating" in a job interview.

Tell me more...

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Althalin posted:

Tell me more...

I didn't get the job.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I got put on a Personal Improvement Plan.

For those who know, this is a job death sentence- it means work wants to be rid of you but can't actually prove you're bad at your job.

Everyone in the SA jobs thread advised to get to the choppa and exit. After 1 week of seeing it was going to be pointless, I quit the next day while my manager was on leave.

After searching in the best job market in my life time, I found a job with 1/4 the commute time (hence saving a full work days 7.5 hours of commute every week), higher pay, helping my local community and with a huge amount of less stress and tickets. I even have my own office (which I don't have to share due to COVID restrictions).

That was the best thing that happened to me, 2021.

Comstar has a new favorite as of 05:10 on Jan 9, 2022

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
got my first real big kid job after like 9-10 months of trying. i put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into it.

in less direct and personal things, 2021 was made better because the boat got stuck in the suez

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
double post

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I made enough money to afford the parts for a way overdue (last time was 2013) computer hardware upgrade (sans new GPU, that hunt will commence when I get my tax refund) even though I didn't have the opportunity to actually put it together until earlier this week (most parts were bought on a Black Week sale and the last thing I needed arrived just before New Year's, so not a long wait once I had the hardware anyway).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Bought a house.
Knocked up my wife (on purpose).
Our dog died, which is obviously bad BUT the good part is that we got to be home with him all the time in what ended up being the last ~18 months of his life.

credburn posted:

Both my parents died and my partner left me for my closest friend, which has given me the means and incentive to quit my soul-sucking job, move to another city and enroll in college full time. Here's to 2022 -- I know I came to regret saying this last year, but this year can't possibly be worse! But this year begins with a brand new start. I know nobody here, I have no attachments, no past or future. I'm just here going to college, blank slate.

Holy poo poo :stare: I for one am rooting for you, goon.