Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Miftan posted:

This is a safe space, you don't need to pretend you've never shoved a tablesoon into a tub of butter.

I always buy butter in wrapped 500g blocks instead of tubs, then I can use a cheese slicer (scandi style) on the top and I don't ever have to bother with difficult to spread butter, or buy soft-spread stuff which isn't as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Eat more butter is the solution to many things.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Yeah I've tried the olive stuff (parents eat & prefer it) and butter reigns supreme in my world.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Pablo Bluth posted:

Finally escaped house arrest, having had to do the full 11 days. Used my freedom to do a 5km walk at 7am.

And now back to the grindstone of working at home...

Edit: I use Olivio to reduce unhealthy fats in my diet, but the idea that they are superior to the lovely, lovely taste of butter is just bullshit talk.

I had a checkup a month ago and my total cholesterol level is 3.6 mmol/mol which is pretty darn good I am told, my diet is heavy in butter and whole milk.

feedmegin posted:

For cooking related stuff I prefer LARD. Or beef dripping. I should try the latter spread on toast as well, tbf, proper old school like.

I've looked for lard so hard here, but all you can get is unrefined raw lard. It's too much work to render it myself...

Whenever I fry pork belly slices though, I save the drippings and crusty bits, goes great on bread.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jan 4, 2022

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

feedmegin posted:

Not common in America, either, but you can find it in the Mexican aisle in big tubs labelled 'manteca' at room temperature. Probably not helpful in Finland, though.

Beef dripping, no chance. But over here they're, just, like, right next to the butter and marge, bit old fashioned maybe but I guess there are enough Boomers who grew up in the 50s around that all the supermarkets carry it.

I wish I could find both. I tried to render my own beef fat a few years ago (deep frying french fries) but it had an off flavor to it.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I like to make wedges, I toss them in oil and spices and I bake them a long time on sheets, it's a bit of a PITA since I have to turn them a lot. But they come out great. I have a deep frier but I still like oven baked wedges.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

ThomasPaine posted:

I agree, just 'the left' would be fine

Die Left, Die

It's german for the.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Last night I got a jar of Marmite, I put it on some toast and it was awful. Just god awful.

Today I got home from work and found myself feeling like some toast with marmite (and butter).

What the hell?

I really wanna try vegemite too now. But it's out of stock.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Maugrim posted:

Some may feel this is just a step away from keeping a turd knife,

Just don't confuse it with your nutella knife

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

OwlFancier posted:

Also unfortunately it does not seem to work on brain worms. Other than in the sense it might kill you.

One Weird Trick / System Lords Hate Him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Listening to this 1994 interview about GATT. Feels quite prescient in hindsight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwmOkaKh3-s