Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Yet another positive flow test. Tomorrow is meant to be my final day of isolation...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

The IP is owned by a separate company (I won't link to the Daily Heil article), Club Nook, that appears to be owned by the family. Make of it what you will that the IP isn't owned by the charitable foundation.

edit: terrible page snipe.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

keep punching joe posted:

https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/1477587220324356098

Having Charlie Chuck come round your house to help with your PTSD.
Anti-Woke comedians only though. Can't have lefties sponging off your tax money.

Day nine of official isolation (I misread the rules and was counting the day of my symptoms as day 1 and not day 0). I think my throat is finally good but it still feels like my nose hasn't quite won the war yet. I'm going to escape exactly in time to go back to work...

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Day ten of my isolation and 11 since the symptoms started. My nose feels the clearest it has so but nice i hope I finally get a clear test this afternoon.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Day 9 here, symptoms totally gone, but still pretty positive on test. The missus has no sense of taste left tho which is a bit :smith:
So I got another positive but much fainter than previous. Hopeful tomorrow is the day...

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Start was the best cereal.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I'm boring and have Bran Flakes most mornings but I do have a weakness for Honey Nut Shredded Wheat.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Finally escaped house arrest, having had to do the full 11 days. Used my freedom to do a 5km walk at 7am.

And now back to the grindstone of working at home...

Edit: I use Olivio to reduce unhealthy fats in my diet, but the idea that they are superior to the lovely, lovely taste of butter is just bullshit talk.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jan 4, 2022

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Deketh posted:

Any thread recommendations for streaming services? I've never subscribed to one before, thought about Netflix but there's so many flippin options nowadays and I'm definitely not doing more than one.
The good thing about the streaming services is they tend to operate on monthly contracts so you can switch at will.

Disney+ if you want Marvel, Starwars, Pixar content or the Disney back-catalogue.
NowTV if you want HBO or all the movies locked up by Sky's long-term contract with the traditional studios.

https://www.justwatch.com/uk is a great service for finding which service(s) have movies or tv series. The number of services has exploded (quite a few piggy back off Amazon but as a seperate subscription; eg BFI's movie service)

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Justwatch is useful for finding that some movie or tv series isn't easily available in the UK but is free on some ad-supported american service that works via a VPN...

Amazon Prime is terrible for being able to quickly carry on the next episode of the series you watvhed yesterday. Either it decides not to put the video link on the home page, it links to something I gave up watching six months ago, or it decides to link to series 2 when I'm watching series 4.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Jippa posted:

Yeah the best way to think about streaming services is in month blocks. "This month I will subscribe to x service and watch y series". It's just a couple of clicks to activate and deactivate them. Where it ads up is if you have multiple on the go and aren't watching them.
Disney+ is trying to go against that by not dropping whole series at once but doing weekly episodes.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Have you ever tried to use iPlayer? It's much worse.

E: It's a toss-up between the UKTV Play app and ITV Player for the actual worst. UKTV Play for abysmal useability and ITV Player for absolute dogshit content, though that's more the channel's fault than the app.

E2: Though at least all 3 are free, and UKTV has Dave Gorman.
I think ITV's offering has always been the worst. It's consistantly had terrible availabilty of on-demand content compared to what they've broadcast, terrible usability, terrible resolution/bitrate quality and the most unreliability.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Good for them but also "Milo, Sage, Rhian, Jake" could our lads/lasses sound more British.
Would they have been found not guilty if they weren't all white? 4D-Chess Conspiracy: CPS were under political pressure from Number 10 to charge people so they found the most white middleclass bunch they could, in the hope it would derail any subsequent charges against other groups.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

lol if you think the CPS aren't champing at the bit to get as many people locked up as possible, regardless of if they actually committed the crime(s) they were charged with
No good conspiracy theory ever let reality get in the way.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

Now honestly if it were me and I got Covid once, I think that would make me want to get a vaccine. But look Djokovic is a professional athlete. It's not like he relies on his body being in top physical condition.
The overall response of sports people to the vaccines suggests that for a given population, willingness to take the vaccine and willingness to take harmful-but-performance-enhancing substances have an inverse relationship.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I had a netflix subscription, and then a bunch of the stuff I was watching moved to disney+, then hbo launched their own thing, and now if I want to watch the new Star Trek I have to get a paramount+ account that they don't even run in the UK.
All the new startrek stuff is rubbish so that's an easy saving....

The sheer amount of content being generated magnitudes more than anyone could even get close to watching even if you became an absolute coach potato who did the bare minimum of anything else. I've realised to not sweat try to catch everything that sounds interesting.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

JL is middle class rather than posh.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

The queues always annoy me in Lidl or I might shop there more often.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

The Make Albian Great Again Party.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

On the upside, it definitely looks like covid cases have peaked. I wonder if the usual January post Christmas social malaise (no money, etc) is helping to cut down on mixing and hence sooner of the spread.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Switch to PR, and non-votes count towards electing cats. Said cats get to roam around Parliament and they count as voting against in all votes. Without a sufficient coalition being formed, one of the cats will be appointed PM.

The Cat Rule will ensure the parties have to care about high turnout.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I'm too cheap for platinum membership search and too lazy to look through 134 pages: what was the used office chair website discussed not long ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Thanks.