Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

bessantj posted:

That's great. A muslim had a drink so I don't believe the vulnerable should have a safety net anymore. Brain of nothing but worms.

Here's hoping everyone has a great 2022.

Yes, the group I dislike have inconsistent principles when you compare diverse individuals, therefore my lack of any principles is more consistant and moral. Pure sophistry.

The prophet only spoke against drunkenness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

crispix posted:

dyou reckon they call it a knob of butter b/c it is the amount that can comfortably fit under the foreskin :thunk:

Sounds like a goon project. Post it on GBS.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

You could have a guinea pig.

Capybaras are the chillest rodents.

My gran taught me the pro move for cooking smaller birds is to get several pig skin squares and stitch the bird inside with whatever veg (garlic and onion usually) inside and roast. Not particularly kosher gran :monocle:, but you can't argue with the results :shrug:

All the rendered fat is super good for gravy.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Sounds positively mediaeval

She's Belgian, what can I say.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
If you really need to get them mega crispy roll them in potato starch before the last fry. Its what chef's use to get a crisp on sweet potato fries. Otherwise just use a potato variety with high starch content.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Couple of pages late, but didn't Gordon Brown end the game?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

69,999 pdfs about the innate superiority of the aryan race, the white genocide, the great replacement, the international jew, the protocols of zion, and the necessity of immediate armed resistance: a matter of opinion

1 lovely book about how to set your own dick on fire trying to make a landmine: prison suspended sentence and jane austen

It was the cookbook that did for him. Presumably the far right stuff was used in mitigation.

If he had tattoo of a rainbow with lighting bolt he would gone down, forever.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
This rewilding plan is a) about pheasant shooting and b) yet another cash funnel, right?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Anarchists in Spain did work with government during the Civil War. And we know how that went down, the USSR decided that destroying their left wing enemies was a higher priority than winning the war.

Politics never change.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Rustybear posted:

genuine question for any tory knowers: what happens if graham brady is less than honest about the letter count?

I doubt they even consider it a possibility.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Oh dear me posted:

I pronounce the suffix very differently from the word. :shrug:

It's Berry, though.

Burreh surely? Now Faugh...I had an American ask how to get to Faux, and just didn't understand, until he wrote it down. Pronounced faff.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Chunder is such a quality word.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

BalloonFish posted:

Ah yes, that period when New Labour famously dragged British politics and culture to the left??? I seem to remember them slavishly scuttling ever rightwards and cranking up the racism dial in search of approval from the red-tops. What planet are these people on/from? :psyduck:

Them not taking the 7 year deferment of free movement from accession countries because "Britain is too white" in 2004 is perhaps their #2 on governing blunders. Iraq being #1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

The Question IRL posted:

Maybe I was in the wrong branch of law*, but I never understood how you could automate law. Or at least the type of law I was involved in.
Like even the simplest, most common or bog standard criminal charge (being drunk in a public place, possession of a controlled substance, using threatening or abusive behaviour in a public place) involves too many moving parts for a computer to do it. Not only to you have to understand a defendant and get them to tell you what happened, you also have to get them to volunteer information that is in their interest (like "this incident happened when I was homeless. I now have accommodation") and in some cases guide a person through the court system if they have never been through it before.
Like apart from having a knowledge of the law (and the flexibility to know where and how to apply it) you need empathy to speak with clients, and intuition to figure out what a judge or police officer will be like in court and plan accordingly.
You'd have a better chance of judges being automated before court room advocates being advocated**.

* = Or the right one depending on how you look at itm

** = Not to mention a technical argument about if an AI would have a right of audience in a court. No piece of code has ever been called to the Bar. Why how would they even take part in all the formal dinners that are required before you can get called?

Presumably for legal aid defences, it doesn't take much actual effort to tell the defendant to "just plead guilty, you haven't got a chance." I assume 99% of the cost of a legal aid defence was pursuing the payment.