Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

My game is out this year so I'm pumped... and loving terrified.

Happy new year all. Here's to upending as much of the office culture as possible and never returning to the office.

Nobody bought my brannigans on ebay. Does anyone want a pack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Maugrim posted:

Same :) Stakes are lower for me as I didn't have too much input into this one though, been very occupied with family the last couple of years.

Can I ask what game? PM if you're worried about doxxing yourself.

Fingers crossed for yours. Sadly I'm still under strict NDA so can't say anything.

Only Kindness posted:

Star Citizen is coming out??????

The one person on my team who worked on that turned out to be a sex pest. So take from that what you will...

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Comrade Fakename posted:

Lol everyone in this thread is “terminally online”.

I object to that.

Terminally is not nearly strong enough.

UNCEASINGLY! EVERLASTINGLY!

Mebh
May 10, 2010

On covid - fuuuucking hell. I'm staying inside forever. I just installed fallout 76. I think spending time in a post apocalyptic wasteland where you have to murder others for clean water and medications, get addicted to painkillers and then get murdered by giant bees is sounding quite positive...

On streaming, once they all split up and services like Disney plus started charging for content on addition to a sub we said gently caress it and went back to dubious means.

My recommendation is a paid vpn and stremio. A streaming service aggregator that looks very above board until you look a little closer at the settings and realise if you tinker with it a bit, it also streams off certain arr matey related services.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I can't shop in Lidl. The Aisle of Wonder is too dangerous for me to be near, I can't keep going in for a dozen eggs and some fruit and coming out with an arc welder, a watercolour painting set, and a set of thermal underwear. I've even stopped going to the retail park in Charlton (formerly one of my "Need shopping but also a nice long walk" destinations) because the siren song of a Lidl *and* an Aldi is too strong for my weak will to ignore.

I still have a Raclette I bought in LIDL 8 years ago in germany that i have never even plugged in but have taken it through 4 countries...its got a heating coil, some super hefy cooking plates and 8 little non stick pans for melting raclette and or nibblies in that go under the heating element like a grill.

One day... One day i will host a dinner party with lots of little cheesy nibblies and things and it will be the pride of the table. At which point I'll plug it in and it'll either burn the house down or be so laughably ineffective it won't even melt the cheese.

I don't even own a table to have a dinner party on because lol. People visiting.

I now want to go browse the aisle of wonder =(

Mebh
May 10, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

That's an impressive feature list for a cheese.

I was surprised too. Germans eh.

E: Catte in kitchen asking for Raclette tax at 2am.

Mebh fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 9, 2022

Mebh
May 10, 2010

It would deter any change whatsoever and then proclaim itself as the number one prosecutor, gently caress a flag and then look pained when everyone carried on while ignoring it. At which point it would profess it did exactly what it planned on and be replaced by a replica of itself with a slightly shitter haircut.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Speaking of LFTs. Anyone found a good place to pay for them to be delivered. Need some more and i have a few hospital appts this coming week.

I got my code from the NHS website for free ones today and basically got laughed out of every pharmacy i tried. However it seems boots is £20 per test and fffffuck that.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I managed to order some online today.
(I think you still can because when I went to the page just now it didn't instantly tell me to bugger off.)

https://test-for-coronavirus.service.gov.uk/order-lateral-flow-kits/condition

Still showing as out of stock for me sadly. Guess its a local thing.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

If you can easily (and safely!) get to Good London I've got a spare box you can have (and if it comes to it LBTH still have the little pop-up tents scattered around with people handing them out).

Appreciated! But I've got a few left. Just going to be out after this week and trying to keep a small stock in as o try to be careful since i look after my mum.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I'd love for a national political project I can believe in again. I know it'd likely go the way of TIG at worst and at best would stick a dagger into the limping corpse of Labour, but gently caress it. I just want a little bit of hope.

Also to see things burn a bit.

Not a lot.

But a bit...

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Red Oktober posted:

If this is the one that has a heavy stone on one half and a metal plate on the other (and coloured buttons on each of the little pans) then I've been using the same for about 7 years now and it's absolutely amazing. (Bought in LIDL in France)

Thats the one!!

Mebh
May 10, 2010

TACD posted:

Yea I don’t know how it is for anybody else but my GP’s online access portal (which I realise is a rare luxury in itself) hasn’t had any availability even for phone appointments for several months now.

It's been like this for two years here. I have two phones with auto diallers on and it still takes 50m to get through as the on hold queue is a max of 5... By the time you do get through there's usually no appointments as they only do same day stuff.

They had to disable online bookings early in the pandemic because cunts booked them all immediately and there was a 70 percent no show rate. Absolutely shocking.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I really want Corbyn to form a party and for it to actually succeed by him putting some angry firebrand in charge and then by this time next year labour to be properly and fully in the bin.

Pipe dreams are good. Squirrel smasher and Lembit Opik making a comeback and steamrolling the tories by 300 seats is about as likely, but i enjoy a bit of fantasy.

Realistically what IS the best possible outcome? Unions drop support for the plp? It feels like whatever happens labour will cling on harder than barnacles even if its just kier and wes left hugging flags in a phone both.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Nice to have new folks in the thread!
Enjoying the never ending schadenfreude at the absolute state of the PLP.

I wonder if with enough momentum something positive could actually happen. Rather than just accelerationism and watching starmer lose to prime minister liz truss.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Yeah considering it feels like half the people hating on boris are doing so because he let his underlings relax on a Friday instead of pushing them to work more (irrespective of legality, covid and horrible ethics) I'm not going to hold my breath at people realising how intellectually bankrupt centrism is as an ideology.

We just love the boot.

Also goddamn the sheer amount of "they're elected officials and a better sort than us, so they should do whatever they want" i keep seeing in the wild boggles the loving mind. Like politics hasn't been a talentless popularity contest since Athens...

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Speaking of melt invasions, loads of people in the thread were lib dem voting decorum centrists in the past. I certainly was...

It's just very hard to stay that way in the face of the folks in this environment if you have even an ounce of good faith... Because hey guess what, if you want the most people to have the best quality of life and the most actual freedom not at the expense of another race or culture... Leftism is the only actual solution and everything else is just a half measure.

People that don't argue in good faith get spotted and run out pretty drat quicky because loads of us came from there.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Snoods are pro tier winter clothing, superior to a scarf in every way (except maybe fashion, and I'm a goony goon so who cares)

I totally don't mind people from other political affiliations in the thread at all, honestly non trolls are always welcome. It usually makes a nice change from crisp or beans chat. Stagnation is never good for any society and it somewhat feels like long running forum threads are a mini variant of that.

It's depressing that anything that counts as political engagement is basically a minority and a luxury. Most people do not and cannot give a gently caress and that keeps the whole centrist and right wing bullshit afloat as it breeds on simple, strong messaging and lack of critical analysis.

I'm just really glad they're all so poo poo at everything.

Is Michael Gove still stuck in that elevator? I hope so.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Meanwhile on the coastline of a totally normal country. Anyone fancy a salad?

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Red Oktober posted:

Great mould chat! Thanks everyone, have some shopping to do.

Goes without saying maybe but make sure where you're spraying whatever you buy is well ventilated. That poo poo is no joke if you breathe too much in.

I have a problem in that my mold issue is in a box shower off the master bedroom with no ventilation except for a fan, so the bleach/toilet paper trick (which is incredibly effective) basically nearly kills us.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Yep, it's always been about disenfranchisement and putting a thumb on the scales. loving disgraceful, but hardly surprising.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

ThomasPaine posted:

...but it would require good faith work from both sides...

Ah yes, that thing people are famously able to do.

And this is why i drink.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Oh, fun ADHD update. I finally got a share agreement with the NHS for continuity prescriptions last year, but went off the lisdexamfetamine from November as the crashes were utterly horrific.

I held off contacting my private doc as its 200 quid a pop for a 15 minute consult but caved right before Christmas and paid out of pocket to be put back on the lowest dose of methylphenidate at 10mg which does gently caress all, but at least doesn't make me want to literally kill myself.

Had another consult yesterday evening so I thought I'd ring up the NHS autism center during the day that I've been on the waiting list for 8 months for and see how they're doing. I found out that 8 months is the projected wait they had for a diagnosis, but for medication its 12 to 24 loving months. I skipped the diagnosis wait by paying for private, but I'm just stuck here for the next year in limbo.

In the private consult in the evening i got told the max they're legally allowed to increase my dosage by is 10mg per month and the max daily dosage is 100mg which based on my tolerance is likely what I'll need. So to get the med dosage to where it needs to be I'm going to have to pay for medication out of pocket each time AND for at least 9 more consults so... Yay near 3 grand.

I hate how lovely mental health care is here.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I discovered passion fruit vodka, lime and soda water is a very nice tipple and am happily sipping that while reading the expanse and ignoring the world. Cheers fellow goons. It's a bit poo poo lately but gently caress it. Enjoy the little things.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Bleeding labour so dry by everyone leaving that they will welcome back margeret thatcher's smouldering ashes to be the mp for Bury-on-Hell is rather loving funny tho.

I don't think its getting us closer to left wing policies in power, but honestly what the gently caress is? At least it's showing labour and centrists up to be exactly what they are. Bereft of policy, soul, honesty, integrity and hope.

Burn it all down and rebuild from the ashes.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Yeah really. I've been out plenty but STILL not been sick. The mask is staying. Coughing fuckers in the beans aisle in ASDA passing on the bean plague.

E: also going to make welsh cakes tomorrow now and surprise my mum with them. She bought me a tub of jersey cream today so i feel a returned favour of something to spread it on is good!

Mebh
May 10, 2010

My wife just looked up at me out of nowhere (some other part of SA... I think) and asked me who Michael Fabricant is.

A particularly bad oval office tory was the best description i could come up with.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Oh she had the picture up.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Speaking of leadership, I'm back on the management track in my career after moving from mobile to AAA games and basically being set back several years due to that because this industry is really weird about mobile.

Tomorrow I am giving a super important presentation to our publisher and I've busted my rear end getting it done as at the last minute it was moved from next week to tomorrow. I got told by my new boss after a mock run-through today that its loving stellar and I should clock off and enjoy a beer so i pop a duvel and relax then head off to get shopping for dinner.

The result? Immediate massive migraine while in the supermarket, full blindness, the works. Operating a self checkout till while blind and panicking is fun! Thanks brain. I recover after a few hours, finally starting to get over it... Start going blind again...second migraine. gently caress everything.

Knew I should have just gone for principle and stayed away from this poo poo if i cant even give a presentation without generating so much stress my brain tries to exit through my frontal lobe twice in one day.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

What the hell is psychodrama supposed to mean anyway?

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Wait... Goddamnedtwisto IS the isle of dogs?

Everything makes so much more sense now. It's like a Ben Aaronovitch novel!

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I haven't been to London since before the pandemic. I used to love it for brief visits after having lived there for years just by still being able to rapidly navigate the tube without standing on the right, not having my card out at the gates or getting hopelessly lost somewhere on the circle line.

Of course now that I nearly have a panic attack in ASDA due to maskless coughing assholes every week cramming into the self checkouts waving bunches of spring onions I don't think I'd enjoy it much.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Many of my neigbours in the estate have bought single person adult trampolines to bounce on in full gym gear in the evenings. They are doing this on their balconies and front or back porches while watching the ever increasing string of burglaries around here.

The estate facebook is full of fuzzy videos of people jumping on trampolines with a squeak squeak noise as shadowy figures are pointed at and shouted at.

I honestly think I'm going loving insane. Did i miss a health craze? How did it get tied into the youths again. I'm scared.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

England?

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Convex posted:

Look we tried to warn you about the downsides of living in an enormous bouncy castle but did you listen, no :sigh:

My cunning plan to beat inflation has backfired...

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Prole posted:

Anyone else sick to loving death of all this party stuff? It's hardly shocking that a government of entitled public school boys thought the rules didn't apply to them. It's not a revelation that the PM is wholly unsuitable for the role. And it's not news that the political class of this country despise us.

It's also no surprise that the media class has been all but complicit at every step. I'm far more hosed off that the lobby hacks had all these stories months ago, and kept them under wraps. I'm also hosed off that they're drip-feeding them to us week by week to drag this poo poo out rather than just telling us what they obviously know, and have known for a long time.

Entirely. However it's always been about them getting the ultimate vox pop reaction. Even gammon mc gammerson the party clown says "ooh that's a bit much!" They have absolutely no idea how virality or mass appeal works and so they just repeat the same hits stretched out as long as possible because for every person sick to death there'll be 2 that want more.

The entire media is basically youtube reaction videos. "ooh but how did it feel to know that the man who blew your legs off got away with it?"

Its just so utterly banal, but it works.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Speaking of things nothing will come from, I did quite enjoy Hislop telling the select committee tories to gently caress off repeatedly. Also their reasoning really does goce a fascinating view into just how hosed the whole system is and how they just don't see taking gifts as corruption in any way. "but i gave the tickets tp my staffer... What was i supposed to do???"

https://youtu.be/a3O8mwDFo4M

I don't generally like him because when i was a melty liberal young adult I thought he was loving hilarious and amazing... Yeah... Not so happy with young me.
I do honestly think most people vote Conservative have no loving clue how disassociated they are from reality and how little of a poo poo they give about anyone. Like... 10 seconds listening to them ooze around the room and waffle on about poo poo the way they do makes my blood loving boil.

Mebh fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 26, 2022

Mebh
May 10, 2010

loving hilarious watching Labour slowly drift into a shitpile in the polls again.

The labour right's lack of policies is absolutely intentional. They have never wanted to be in charge except by nature of the country having no expectations and giving them a go because the tories are shockingly terrible.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I took tomorrow off to get more tattoos because I am hopelessly addicted and it makes me feel good.

Also Pokemon Arceus is loving great.

Also goddamn the wind is insane...

Mebh
May 10, 2010

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Are you getting a pokemon tattoo.

Dear god no.

I just get the artist to do whatever they feel like drawing. End up with some wild poo poo.

Adverts on the tube always seemed to be of the same ilk as those on the back of a bus. "you hate where you are right now and didn't bring a book"

Mebh fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Now I really hope the artist is inspired to do some Pokemon poo poo

Last time they drew a deer skull so i guess it could kinda be like a cubone...