Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i could be a conspiracist and say murray messed his hips up with steroids but it’s more likely that his insane schedule just wore down his femora down to little nubs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Jippa posted:

I say jab. :blush: It's wrong?

yeah it’s actually jȸ

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Ravel posted:

My apartment flooded and my neighbours were so sweet and helpful, turning on my dehumidifiers and opening/closing windows when I had to temporarily move back into my parents' house. What do you think would be an appropriate gift here? A bottle of wine? My other neighbours suggested a gift card but I feel like that makes the help feel more like a transaction and robs it of some sentiment.

some form of hamper (ie they might not drink)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

that scene from Spaced where Tyres the clubber just starts raving to the beep beep sounds of the lift and office electronics

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

coronation chicken sponge cake

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i can’t remember where i read it but some political scientist proposed that the right are more accepting of far right ideology, so the tory party and liberals are more likely to pander to a party like UKIP, whereas a left wing party is completely against what the political centre would accept so there’s absolutely no chance of the labour party being pulled left, which has been clearly seen again and again

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

if the labour party collapses i wouldn’t be surprised if the vast majority of “labour” voters would have absolutely zero loyalty to the new party, equally likely to vote lib dems or greens on the day

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

is lemon party taken

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Failed Imagineer posted:

50hrs from Hull to Rotterdam lol. More than 2 days to transit between 2 of the worst places on earth

gonna have to disagree with you there champ

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

is it better for a weak boris to limp along to the next election, with him being more likely to be cowed by nutcase brexiteers, or a new guy/gal in so they can go turbo austerity 2.0 but potentially start dropping poll numbers by the next election

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

TACD posted:

My impression was that TV is largely only watched by olds now anyway (“old” meaning anybody mid-30s or older) — are kids these days really still sitting down to watch shows instead of just doing YouTube / Netflix and torrents?

i watch on demand bbc, never live

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

isn’t the number 1 cause for women getting criminal records is not paying the bbc license fee , not sure if it’s because they’re usually the one into open the door midweek and therefore get the blame

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

arts stuff on netflix is hot garbage, basically either game shows or too stupid to be educational

bbc 4 has like 12 viewers but is miles ahead

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i think the implication is we’re sending them to be killed en mass

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Nenonen posted:

Is Cummings living in public parks and under bridges or does he intentionally foster that image? Is this considered posh in post-Brexit UK or something?

have you seen our PM?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

well tbf people in this thread have been saying this all year

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lol at the liz truss one

lol that boris is a nexus of fornication and women in his office just getting pregnant

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Juche Couture posted:

Anyone else had a call from the firm taking on the labour party data breach case? It looks like they’re pursuing it from a personal injury standpoint of ‘anxiety caused’ which seems dumb to me but i know nothing about law

i used to have anxiety about it but then the data breach happened and i mysteriously stopped getting begging emails to come back

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the most comfortable bed i’ve ever slept in was a cheap ikea mattress on the floor, so maybe he’s the lucky one actually

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

one weird trick to a monster free bedroom

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lol not even going to take off my outdoor jacket for this one

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lord lucan when

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

Not sure if :thejoke: but people already try to cure things by injecting bleach into their eyes, it's called MMS.

ah yes the ol lots of worm clumps started passing in my motions , when in reality they’re just sloughing off most of their bowel mucosa

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

therattle posted:

I cannot believe how many gambling ads there are on TV.

crypto crypto crypto

i would say this would be one of those things that kids in the future will look back on and be lol how did anyone fall for that, but almost with a circular logic, crypto collapse would probably be due to a economic implosion of the whole economy

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

therattle posted:

I don’t understand. Can you clarify please?

we’re in the everything bubble now, so all the ponzis are going to collapse all at once like in albania , but on a global scale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Nenonen posted:

Seems like posting things just to upset others is a crime in UK.

Can't wait to see Rowling behind bars now!

there are lots of old timey laws still on the books like worrying the vicars cat means the death penalty