Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

:siren: UKMT Solidarity Fund Monthly Update - 6 January 2022 :siren:

:siren: Committee election details below :siren:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Welcome to 2022!

This is going to be quite the update, so I'm going to start this one off with the most major part.

Charity update and committee elections

So here is what we ended up doing. We held off on applying for charity status, as in doing so we would have placed ourselves as trustees in the charity for another year. Being so close to the elections, we thought it best to wait until the new committee was elected, then those trustees would be in place for the next year.

So with that, submissions are now open for the next years committee. You have 2 weeks from today in which to send in your application to be on the committee. You can email the Solidarity Fund at the address at the bottom, you can PM one of the current committee on here or on the UKMT official Discord. There is also the Solidarity Fund channel on Discord should you wish to discuss anything about the role or your submission.

This year things will be different for the new committee. If you are wishing to be elected to the Fund roles, you will be expected to become a Charity Trustee. This means that your personal information will be available on the Charity Commission website should anyone wish to search for it. There are 3 roles for which we will require one of the Trustees to fulfil. Chairman, Company Secretary and Treasurer. If you have a preference for one of those roles please let us know with your application.

Employed people may want to check with their if there are any restrictions on them being a Charity Trustee. As the Trustee role is voluntary, we do not believe that it would affect any benefits you may receive, but please take this into consideration. Also of note is that being a trustee will not restrict you from making an application to the fund.

Once applications are in, we will then set up a voting site to allow for everyone here to vote on their preference. This will be announced in this thread with all the details you need.

Once the new committee are elected, they will need to provide their personal information including full name, address, contact telephone number and specimen of signature. These will be provided to the Charity Commission to create the UKMTSF official charity.

The monthly statistics

One of the things that may not be immediately apparent is how much you have all been willing to help. As of today, we have paid out over £12,000 to those in need. You have donated over £14,500 to allow the continued assistance of others. It's this that tells me that there is still hope to be had in this world.

Anyway, onto the real reason that all of you are reading this post.... Thomas the Tank Engine Rule 34 pics STATISTICS AND GRAPHS

December Stats:

Monthly donations and payouts:

Cumulative donations and payouts:

UKMTSF Data Trends | Record of Activity | Constitution

If you are someone that is in need, no how minor or unimportant you think your need may be, please get in contact. This fund is here to help you with whatever comes your way. If something is causing you stress, pain, worry or physical distress, please get in contact with us. Please do not go hungry or without something because you are of the belief that your pain is not important enough. If there is something in your life that would make things easier, get in touch. Feel free to contact any of the committee if you would like to discuss an issue. All matters are treated in complete confidence.

Donate:
Bank Transfer - PM IrvingWashington (aka Bill Drummond on Discord) for account details

Apply:
Application Form
Email Us
PM: AceClown, Fargle (discord only), Maugrim, The DPRK or Tsietisin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

If my son ever gets to watch TV, I will only ever have Cbeebies on as I definitely don't want him watching anything that has adverts.

If that goes, I would be upset.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Convex posted:

Edit: I'll concede that anything feels uplifting if underscored with this, however

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDNnqaSkMz0

Just because people who know the film should know about this, here's the music from the Intro to The Running Man in its complete form, which as far as I can tell, this is literally the only version on the entire internet as the song was never released on any album ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VutHSqivBE

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Where I currently work I started on the phones in the call centre. I became a team leader and now I'm in a role that feels way more advanced than I should ever be allowed to be in.

That aside however, this company is one of those that actually seems to care about their employees and listens to the staff at all levels.

For example, one of the metrics of getting our bonus each month was call length. We had to have call times under 6 minutes on average. I was able to get the statistics for the entire call centre for call time compared with complaints and errors, showing a correlation between the two. As such, they removed that from the metrics and calls could be as long as they needed to be.

When they have me the team leader position, they actually have me training on how to be a manager and a leader. How to speak to your colleagues and staff members, how to present yourself, etc. I've been a manager in other places where they just threw you into the role and expected you to get on with it, with no training whatsoever.

This company though, they love to promote people from the call centre. They consider people that work the call centre to know the most about the workings of the company more than anyone else, as the staff there have to go and find the answer for the caller's day in day out. In doing so they gain contacts throughout the business and an inside knowledge of how it works.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

fuctifino posted:

I had 24 hours in police custody once.

They didn't offer any evening meal, and ignored my requests to make my telephone call for many hours until well into the evening when my friend had left for work.

I don't think you have a right to a telephone call. All you have the right is to have someone informed that you are there and the police will make the call. They don't want people sending a coded message to get rid of whatever evidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

I wonder how many of the galaxy brains out there have considered that if a company could move their operations overseas to utilise cheaper labour, they would already have done so, WFH or not.

Combined with the issue that there are a number of Jobs that are legally not allowed to be done overseas.