Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Now the Met can harass and stalk women from afar yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Miftan posted:

Is he actually an engineer though, or does he just buy other people's businesses and let others do the work? I'm legit asking, I don't know what his credentials are beyond owning all the chaos emeralds.

He's a programmer who co-founded a company during the dot com bubble, that was bought out just before the bubble burst.
Then he bought into Paypal, but was forced out of it after loving with the owners, then joined Telsa and forced the owners out of that.

Pity that a shithead got so far from the dot com bubble, when it went I couldn't find a job for six years as graduated 2000.

Edit: As for your question, he's as much an engineer now as PT Barnum is a quantum temporal warp theorist. Watch a presentation of him showing off his latest grift. Especially the cybertruck one.
Btw, solar roofs, thats a Telsa project everyone forgot.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 8, 2022

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51-yInqxC3U

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

EvilHawk posted:

I was born a Tesco man and I will die a Tesco man

There's an old kids song, wonder if it was just my area or not.

"Lets all go to Tesco's,
where X buys all his best clothes,
nah nah nah nah"

With alternate line 'Where X hokes the bins for his best clothes' which I think is funnier.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The true value of flat earth conspiracies is to make the I loving LOVE SCIENCE types look very stupid though, because they're generally unable to come up with a proof of a round earth. At least some flat-earthers are just doing it for the fun of poking the type of person who loves to boast of how rational and independently-minded they are when their actual arguments boil down to "Neil Degrasse Tyson said it".

This is true. Flat Earthers love debating people with their own level of science, and mostly to make fun of them when they can't explain the same poo poo they do not understand.
When they get a true scientist, the personal insults start.

Professor Dave has some epic videos showing the world is round without science:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bHqBy92iGM

His 10 Challenges to Flat Earthers is good as well.

Edit: Flat Earthers are the more sane part of the knob head brigade. There's the Mud Flooders which believe there was a massive flood just a few hundred years ago, wiped everything out, and its being covered up.
Then you have the ones that think most stone structures are dead giants.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jan 13, 2022

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Reveilled posted:

Maybe I’m thick as poo poo but I don’t really follow the logic in that video at all. If the earth is a flat disc of radius 40,000km and the moon is a ball that orbits roughly above the “equator” at a distance of 400,000km, the angle to the moon would be 0 degrees at the equator and about 1.4 degrees at either pole, so while each person would technically have different views of the moon, the actual difference would be tiny, we’d be talking about a crescent shaped area something like 42 miles wide at its widest point, which our observers would be seeing at a near-tangent, making the unique areas each observer could see an utterly minuscule fraction of the visible moon, so much so that any picture of the moon from the poles should look almost identical to a picture of the moon from the equator.

I can see your thinking here. I think Prof Dave is forgetting to mention that Flat Earth models that say the moon is much closer, like 6000km up or so. The sun and moon are meant to be the same size and close to the earth so that the light doesn't appear on some parts of the flat earth, therefore day and night.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Is PMQs on today if Boris is dodging it?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

keep punching joe posted:

It was yesterday my dude.

gently caress, thought today was Wednesday. Dammit

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Boris caught being a fucker #983135 = no ministers available to talk to press
Someone's mother maybe a spy = Holy shitballs get to the back of the queue to appear on Sky News

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Rustybear posted:

HITLER MIND CONTROL

It's always funny to see them mention how Hitler, the Nazis, Tesla, Soros, Clintons, etc, had all of these secret powerful weapons or groups in order to control the world.
Yet they aren't, never did, and died penniless, or in a fire.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Was a matter of time.
It wasn't mentioned much in the news, but one or more of the army regiments he was 'leader' of were campaigning the last few years to get him removed for his services to noncing.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

bessantj posted:

What makes something a royal title?

Your great great great great great great great great grand parents need to massacre a farmer town to get a proper one.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Trip report: just ate four curries, two nans, a vegetable paratha, and pakora. This is me now.

You got this to look forward to:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

https://twitter.com/IamHappyToast/status/1469674243529003011

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
The Tories def will turn on Boris.
They will go 'Boris Bungled Brexit' and install someone who will do the exact loving same, or crazy enough to trigger Article 16.
Covid delayed Boris getting ousted, if the brexit figures were the only thing being reported on he would be simpering on GB News now or lobbying for a Russian company.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

TACD posted:

Looks like an extremely localised cloud of nasty? I don’t know enough London geography to make a gag about what’s at that location to cause it, sorry.

Downing Street getting rid of its empty bottles.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH9ElB85WJg

Prince Charles ignoring questions on Andrew.
See the panic in his handlers.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

crispix posted:

wwuruwrughgh boozeh puwteh urghh

Viz should do a strip like 8 Ace, but replace him with Boris at No 10.
8 Prosecco

Edit: Instead of 8 Ace wanting to see his bairns, 8 Prosecco doesn't want to see them.
The angry 8 Ace wife would be Carrie, but angry about how the decor isn't fashionable enough.
Virtually writes itself.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

stev posted:

Can't wait to be reassured that Rishi had no knowledge of the parties going on every Friday for a year while he was in the office and living next door.

He lives in No 10 so he would have been there for at least one or more.
Upto Tony Blair the Exchequer lived in 11. But Brown had no family then and Blair had, so they swapped as 11 was bigger.
And its been that way since.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Prole posted:

Four of my mates have now received readmission letters ending their suspension from the Labour Party on spurious ideological grounds. Something tells me Keith is panicking about not having anyone to knock doors for him should a snap election be called. Delicious.

Are they going back to help Labour?
Whats to stop being purged afterwards again.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

We'll end up with a media landscape just like the US except without the liberal bits.

Just racism from sewage-clogged sea to sewage-clogged sea.

Tonight at 9pm all new Mock the Weak with your host Lee Hurst!
At 10pm the mandatory Clap for your Betters
Then join Jim Davidson with some late night talk show chat, with special guest band 'Half a Shilling'!
Only tonight on BRIT TV.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Going to be funny getting rid of the BBC and every other subscriber based provider just doubles it prices instantly.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Dugong posted:

I’ll miss Radio 6 a lot if that gets the chop.

Same.
I'm not a genre music person, I like different poo poo, sure a lot of people are the same.
I get a lot of good stuff from Radio 6, absolute cracking amazing songs that you would never hear on commercial radio.

Even BBC Radio NI is good, profiling local bands. Was chuffed as gently caress when a friend's band got noticed back in the early 2000s on it but they never took off.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

On the unredacted list we discover that Kwasi Kwartang has had affairs with both Truss and Rudd.

https://twitter.com/Smazeny_/status/1484145894396207109

Imagine a huge Boris Squid.
And when it thinks its going to be in danger it farts out a 'LOOKATALLTHESEOTHERS' poo poo cloud in order not to escape, but to stay where it is.
So now there's just poo poo dripping from everywhere, and the squid in the mid smiling that its safe now.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

The Tory definition of 'odd things' in a sexual sense is probably either really vanilla or really messed up.

'Does not want to place penis in dead pigs mouth'

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

I hear it soaks up the urine like a treat!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
I only use Brut.
Because my dad wore it and it reminds me of him every time I get a whiff of it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Prole posted:

On the one hand, far be it from me to judge anyone's sex life.

On the other hand, LOOOOOOL PISS VIDEO

Could have been a 'work event'.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

forkboy84 posted:

Jesus. I'd just drop the call, and have done many times. It might be a disciplinable offence but no call centre has paid me even close to enough to consider making GBS threads myself.

Honestly, what I'd probably do if I was that desperate would be to say I was transferring them to a different department, ring up our line & dumb them in the queue

Umbra Dubium posted:

I never worked in a call centre, but I did work a helpdesk for a few years and have done almost exactly this.

I worked in Sitel for a few years, a Call Centre for Call Centres.
It had one massive one room, could hold conventions, and there were several companies all in it having their customer support done for them.
For example there was British Telecom, another Lexmark, I think Canon, as well as a few others.
And each had their own rules and computers.
I think it was Lexmark where you had to be on call all the time no matter what, no excuses other than death.
While at British Telecom they would be watching Family Guy or South Park and lazing about.

Worst thing ever happened was some guy was caught masturbating in the cubicles, and he couldn't keep it 'silent'.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Paperhouse posted:

At the last call centre I worked at I accidentally logged every interaction twice. This showed up on the system as me having done about twice as many interactions as anyone else, and therefore being golden in the manager's eyes. I didn't even realise I was doing it until after about 2 months, the system was weird, but I kept doing it because lol. Would recommend this if anyone else has a similarly stupid system and boss

Ah that reminds me. My call centre had a competition where the one what closed the most calls would get 500 euros prize.
So a guy just answered calls, insta closed without talking to them, and sent a 'we couldn't talk to you please contact us again if you still have a problem' for everything.
He won the prize, he was going to quit after getting it, but the company then found out and just deducted it from his leaving pay.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Failed Imagineer posted:

*Updates UKMT_Units_BigDinners.xlsx*

Finally someone elses name beside mine in that list.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Lady Demelza posted:

GB News has signed up 13 comedians alongside the regular hosts of their newspaper review programme Headliners:

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2022/01/21/50022/revealed-the-comedians-signed-up-to-gb-news?rss

I don't really follow comedy so it's not surprising that I don't think I recognise any names. Are they well known?

Rhona Cameron is probably the biggest name there, she was big on the comedy circuit about 20 years ago.
Had a google/youtube of the rest, and they are all brexit nutjobs.
Dominic Frisby latest videos are about gold and bitcoins, so yeah. He's such a cap doffer he has a song 'I Love Wetherspoons!'

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 21, 2022

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Aren't we currently in the first month of Proper Brexit?

Nope lol.
July 1st 2022 is next timelime.
Businesses must fulfil new requirements for Export Health Certificates, as well as complete Safety and Security declarations on imports. Phytosanitary Certificates and physical checks on Sanitary and Phytosanitary goods at Border Control Posts will also commence on 1 July 2022.

1st Jan 2022 was when the UK couldn't delay any further of full customs declaration and paying any customs duties.

And remember there was a survey done around the 1st that said only 33% of UK businesses were ready for it.
In July all the cameras will be blank and supermarkets will be 95% cardboard pics of food.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
He hasn't had a kid with every possible woman in the country yet.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
In one of the party pics there is white dust on a table.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Failed Imagineer posted:

My office has these Zody chairs which are quite adjustable and looks like you can pick one up in the UK for a couple hundred. As people have said they need a bit of fiddling to make them work for you, so when my company moved to hotdesking it just meant that every chair was set up precisely wrong for you.

And then they wouldn't even let us rob those chairs when we went remote, the miserable pricks

We had our office chairs for about 10 years. There were half broke ones all over the place, ones where the back was broken and you couldn't lie back on them.
Just before covid the decided to get new ones, and 6 different types of chair arrived to the office. Just one chair of each type, and we had to select the best one. The majority vote would be ordered in bulk to replace the old ones.
So they gave us some spare old ones to take home. Still using it today for my computer chair, just has a broken arm.

Then we voted, and holy poo poo there was one that was pure heaven for fat blokes like myself. Just perfect rear end width, perfect back support, and perfect leaning back on it.
So which one won the vote? They ditched the voting and bought the cheapest ones that no one liked.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 26, 2022

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

If anything that logic applies more to almost any other job, as I don't think that coronation street actors are a particularly inelastic commodity.

https://twitter.com/archivetvmus71/status/1485960656645931014

TIL Jean Luc Picard was on Coronation Street

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Their bellends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbAWPYL0ers&t=75s

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Food £200
Data £150
Acting Guild Fees £200
Proving that 2000 years of medical history is wrong and the illuminati exist £36,000
Utility £150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. I'm homeless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Failed Imagineer posted:

That's just one step away from the racecar bed

I prefer sleeping on ground level mattresses.
Ever since a cousin broke my old bed by jumping up and down on it and we couldn't afford to replace it at the time.
If I sleep on a higher bed now I wake up afraid Ill fall off the edge.