Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
This one will be better

Surely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Freaquency posted:

Went on a snowy hike, 10/10 first day of 2022, would recommend

Looks awesome.

We are in northern AZ for New Years and had a great day sledding in the foot or so that fell overnight.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

D-LINK posted:

She said yes, my brother. Turns out she's been impatiently waiting for me ask bc some snitch in my family blew up my spot :blush:

Congrats!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I watched the pilot of next level chef because curt menefee told me to, and it is very needs suiting as background TV. The gimmick didn't seem to impact the cooking all that much.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
We're still on hybrid here so I'm in 2 days a week which is actually a great balance for me. Still lets me have a couple bicycle commutes a week and touch some things in person but I also get uninterrupted time at home when I can reduce rather than expand my task list. I'm in a small-ish shared office so we rotate who's in and so it's only one of us at a time.

Would like this perpetually.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

If only they tested less they wouldn't have this issue

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

I have covid lol

:negative:

hoping for the fastest non-long-covid recovery

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1479276090149376003

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
The CW doesn't have many O&Os anymore, so affiliates could drop it. The only physical presence owned by the net are

Atlanta, Georgia WUPA 69 (2.1% US HH)
Detroit, Michigan WKBD-TV 50 (1.6% US HH)
Jeannette - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania WPCW 19 (1.0% US HH)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania WPSG 57 (2.5% US HH)
Sacramento - Stockton - Modesto, California KMAX-TV 31 (1.2% US HH)
San Francisco - Oakland - San Jose, California KBCW 44 (2.2% US HH)
Seattle - Tacoma, Washington KSTW 11 (1.5% US HH)
Tampa - St. Petersburg - Sarasota, Florida WTOG 44 (1.6% US HH)

So a reach of 13% of US households.

Those stations are probably worth more as midband 5G-- set up a minimal ATSC lighthouse and lease off the rest of the spectrum.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I dragged out Rock Band last night for the first time in, well, forever, because my kid was asking about the plastic guitars. Turns out a 4 year old isn't quite coordinated enough to actually hit notes but we had a great time on no fail anyway.

Might be time to pull out stepmania, too.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah, it took a while to find my 360 instrument on xbone adapter and it took a couple tries to sync so hopefully it doesn't give up the ghost.

I have two of the wireless Stratocasters, drums with cymbals, and keys that would be useless without it so here's hoping it was just updating silently or something.

I was shocked to see new DLC but I think I need to buy rivals to use it, depending on if we keep playing again it might be worth it.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

harperdc posted:

Go check resale prices on eBay before committing to that :shepface: they are not making anything new instrument-wise, and adapters even are rare, but Beatles never got ported forward.

Holy carp.

Looks like if my adapter stopped working it's $400 to replace it, and if I just want an xbone set of instruments it's $900 all-in

I am about to take much better care of them. Also it was probably a mistake to look.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

:murder:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Never change, Nextdoor.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Braksgirl posted:

I got a Commodore 64 when I was 10 and I thought I was hot poo poo.

My daughter is getting mine, though once it's set up again I might be using it more than her. She too will know the agony of defeat in summer games.

At least she'll know where the save icon comes from (if "saving" is still a thing soon, rather than perpetual sync everywhere)

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
In today's bullet dodged news, the caregiver at our daycare tested positive last Thursday, coincidentally our 10 month old was home Thu and fri. Today she was out for other reasons and we learned one of the infants who is in the room tested positive as well, and they are closing it for the rest of the week.

My luck is going to run out at some point I'm sure.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Salvor_Hardin posted:

We still talkin' first games?
Gorillas

Everyone else modded the game so the bananas threw the gorillas, right?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

T-Square posted:

Did anybody ever play Hodge ‘n’ Podge

That game rules

I didn't know anyone else who had that.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
In high school I had a US Gov't class whose final was the citizenship test, 10 random from the full bank, 10% per question.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

lol go gently caress yourself Biden-Harris

https://twitter.com/VINNews/status/1481703957546291206?s=20

It's pretty remarkable that they are somehow handling as badly as the "CAN WE HIT THE BODY WITH LIGHT AND BLEACH" Trump administration, but here we are.

Ah poo poo, how are you feeling?

This is particularly hilarious in the context of the parallel? plan to buy 1M at-home tests and just ship them to people. The USPS is ostensibly spinning up a bunch of fulfillment centers and hiring temps to do that.

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/13/1072730868/biden-announces-plans-to-buy-500-million-more-covid-tests-and-to-offer-free-mask

I would have gone with that answer.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/ZachCoveyTV/status/1482343351248736259

Hoping it's not as bad as it seems it could be

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

My daughter tested negative after having a close contact followed by a fever and I feel like a million pounds lighter.

:unsmith:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Chili is american bolognese

Skyline was right all along

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Braksgirl posted:

King cake time, baby.

I didn't realize until too late that I didn't have purple sugar, only purple sprinkles so you get purple sprinkles. Don't judge me.

Aces.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

harperdc posted:

figured this might be the right audience for this web game

https://wikitrivia.tomjwatson.com

shockingly harder than you'd think, my best streak so far is 8.

It's timeline but as a time waster

Neat

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

shirts and skins posted:

I guess Microsoft decided they haven't had a call from antitrust regulators in too long.

They're too busy poking around Facebook buying every VR studio/ publisher

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

BigPaddy posted:

I doubt any modern movie will ever be able to touch the 2000 Dungeons and Dragons for just being poo poo in every conceivable way and not even in a amusingly poo poo way like movies that get the MST3K treatment.

you can't handle the power of the rod

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Me: I wish my 4 year old would stop saying "here girl", "roll over", and putting bowls of Cheerios around on the floor for her 10 month old sister, she's not a dog.

Also me: gosh they're playing together for a long time, who cares.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

shirts and skins posted:

Finally getting around to watching Lawrence of Arabia. Scorching hot take: it's incredible.

:yeah:

Lawrence and The Bridge on the River Kwai were two old movies I really liked as a youth and still do.

Qwijib0 fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 20, 2022

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

dirty shrimp money posted:

I seen the future and it's the Habbo Hotel

Will the future also have a closed pool?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

BigPaddy posted:

Due to Covid?

too soon

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/business/status/1399787835805274122

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

we desperately need the return of the 2 hour movie norm.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Probably Magic posted:

The last time the Wisconsin Capitol Building got occupied, it didn't lead to much, to be honest.

We got a tractor parade out of it!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bird in a Blender posted:

Congratudolences, if it’s accepted that is. Owning a home is great and stressful some times. Hope you don’t have a crazy previous owner.

All previous owners are insane

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I use TurboTax.com because it imports all the things from previous years and momentum is a hell of a drug and I don't want to start from scratch anywhere else.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
4 hours in on my first sous vide bison chuck roast, never done a 24 hour before.

Hope it's as good as the book promised!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Qwijib0 posted:

4 hours in on my first sous vide bison chuck roast, never done a 24 hour before.

Hope it's as good as the book promised!

Trip report: it was amazing, very prime rib like. Might try 48 next time to see if more of the fat will melt.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bird in a Blender posted:

I feel bad for anyone under like 50 living in Florida. Your whole state has been captured by conservative retirees who absolutely do not care what happens to younger people in the state. Florida is 41st in education spending per pupil.

This is also arizona, the "I already paid my school taxes back home" is a popular sentiment here too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Arizona also has its own version of a "debt ceiling" -- a constitutional edu spending cap from 40 years ago -- used as hostage taking for school funding which gets hit earlier and earlier in the school year as things get more expensive leading to poo poo like this

quote:

schools face another looming crisis in the form of an ill-advised education spending cap in the state Constitution. Lawmakers need only take a vote to save schools from a $1.2 billion cut. It costs nothing — the money is already allocated and budgeted for, schools just can’t legally spend it.

If lawmakers don’t lift the cap, Arizona schools will see a 16% drop in state funding. That’s not something you fix by skimping on tissues and textbooks — we’re talking slashing budgets, laying off teachers and closing schools.

But Republican leadership at the state Capitol is using the cap as a hostage to negotiate with in court over Proposition 208, the Invest in Education Act. Not a single Republican has introduced legislation to lift the cap, and House Speaker Rusty Bowers and Senate President Karen Fann haven’t even assigned the Democratic bills lifting the cap to committees.

Prop 208 is a 3.5% surcharge on any income earned above $250,000 for single filers, or $500,000 for married couples filing jointly. The surcharge was estimated to raise $827 million a year, effective with the filing of 2021 taxes. Most of the money was targeted for teacher salaries.