Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Finally saw Matrix 2,3, and 4 yesterday and today. They’re all pretty bad. Original Matrix is still pretty good though.

Lukewarm take: seeing them all in a row, I think the second (Reloaded) is actually the worst. It’s a real double-whammy of lame action setpieces and nothing of consequence happening.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Yeah the 2nd one really suffered from having to set up the trilogy's final movie, over done CGI and not really knowing what to do with the character once he became 'the one' 4 was just bad from start to finish but the action at the end was kind of decent.

The 3rd one had some good set pieces from what I remember but I'd rather not watch it again to remind myself it sucks and be happy with my memories of it.

The Zion seige in 3 is endless, features a bunch of characters you don’t care about, and is just generally overcrowded visual puke.

I kind of enjoyed the meta aspects of 4 in the first act, but they don’t really go anywhere.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 2, 2022

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I can’t remember, did the Matrix come out before or after Columbine?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Its Rinaldo posted:

LIterally like 3 weeks before

Haha whoops

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Yeah I kind of forget how long the zion seige went for now you mention it. I remember it being a thing with the walkers and the dual chain guns on the arms etc but that's about it.

Towards the end of it someone mentions Neo and I turned to the Dr and said, “oh yeah, Neo’s in this movie. He’s heading to Robot City and got his eyeballs burned out about 45 minutes ago.”

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Matrix is kind of the apotheosis of 90s filmmaking, and 2 and 3 are kind of a warning for how bad blockbusters would be in the new century.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I think there is something kind of insidious about the first Matrix’s presumed attitude that anyone in the world who is not “awake” and not on board with the liberation of all humanity is by default an enemy and regrettably disposable.

Maybe I really do deserve death for opposing the liberation of humanity from the boot of capital, but I certainly don’t enjoy being told that at the pictures.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Intruder posted:

That's because they bred real dinosaurs. They didn't expect to make sequels so they shot them all after filming wrapped

Ah man, just like Deadwood

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Dr has a sister who works for Pfizer and won’t get the vaccine

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Antivax has had a bit of a foothold in California for a while hasn’t it? Like dating back well before Covid. Seems like there’s a bit of horseshoe theory at play when it comes to vaccines and GMOs.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

No matter where you are on the political spectrum, enough internet exposure can and will eventually make you anti-"chemicals" and pro-hetai.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Way late to the party on the Marvel What If… show, but ending the whole thing with Killmonger and Nazi Computer being sent to a hell dimension where they do battle forever, like they’re two sides of the same coin, is a hilarious troll at the expense of the “Killmonger was right” crowd.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Kalli posted:

Fun to have that conversation then see this while I'm waiting for the Aaron Rodgers fluff and jerk party to start

https://twitter.com/rafaelshimunov/status/1477808811473838081

Does Aaron Rodgers have a Dobby or something?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

So are there jobs that don’t drug test?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I think Two Towers is the only one where I prefer the extended cut to the theatrical.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Not watching the extended cut is sacrilege.

Sometimes I just don’t feel like spending 80 minutes in Lorien before getting to the end of Fellowship; I’m sorry.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Uh oh, Dr. is sick this morning (respiratory sickness, not morning sickness).

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

There's kind of a salary penalty for lines of work with altruistic appeal like medic or teacher or elder care, because the altruistic side of itexpands the pool of potential workers compared to jobs that no one would ever want to do for any reason other than money.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Which also explains why cops are so highly paid.

Eh, I think some cops are definitely in it for the love of the game. They got a union, though. Gotta love those unions.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

I KILLED MEG GET REKT BITCH

Why don't you two just get a room already

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I’m up to Hitman 3 now

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Spoeank posted:

I'd say the south thoroughly lost that particular balancing act since the Dakotas were states 3 and 4 of nine-straight northern states lol. I'd never thought about the choice to absolutely rinse the southerners with northern states

Well, all's well that ends well.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Funny how much people who typically don't hump the flag really hump the flag when it comes to punishing those Traitorous Southerners post Civil War. Guess the opposite is true as well, tho.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

This took me a second and I say this like five times a day at work.

I had to look it up. Anyway, thank you for your service Mr. Nice.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I am not gonna taze my balls
I am not gonna taze my balls
Hey I'm just like my country-
I'm old, fat, and angry
And I'm not gonna taze my balls

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Should’ve been “Headstrong”

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Its Rinaldo posted:

Narrator: They messed it up

I trust the Gay Lady

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

A cappella children’s choir version

“This is NOT where you belong…” is the big applause line

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

In heaven we'll all be shareholders

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Well guys, I have bad news- there are no football games tonight. No college, no NFL, no local junior varsity that you might've put 50 bucks on. But I also have good news- that should free everyone, especially those of you are stuck at home sick, to participate in TFF Game Night, tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CST

https://discord.gg/FCWEfCTe

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Book of Boba Fett is a total waste if he doesn’t unmask a Sand Person and kiss him or her on the lips

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I’m ready to see Boba to do a little moisture farming, if you catch my drift.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It’s wild in Mando season 2 that Boba Fett should be at minimum 10 years younger than Katee Sackoff’s character.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Its Rinaldo posted:

It's not the years, it's the parsecs

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I think it would be fun if we found out the Sand People were all actually humans, just their own ethnic group.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It hosed me up when Mandalorian showed Jawas on a planet other than Tatooine. Like, are we supposed to believe they’re a spacefaring species, or do they just get on ships like rats and migrate from point A to point B?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Is he gonna have any reach? His pecs look like they'll prevent him from punching in front of him

I’m thinking he goes down in like 15 seconds unless he’s fighting some other novelty, like a sumo wrestler or an emancipated 8 foot tall man or something.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

When the gently caress is Licorice Pizza getting a wider release? This movie is all I've cared about seeing for the last six months, then the distributor decided right before Christmas to open it in like a quarter of the theaters they originally planned to.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Relentlessboredomm posted:

im just waiting for a streaming service to buy the streaming rights bc im not going in to a theater and its not playing at any near me anyway

I don’t think I’ve been to a screening in the past 2 years that had more than 6 people in the theater. Of course, that only amounts to about five movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Peter King just told me Bob Saget passed away. Thought I would cry.