Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dammit, I hope they don’t mess it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/hunterfelt/status/1419422695788355584?s=21

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

General Dog posted:

Funny how much people who typically don't hump the flag really hump the flag when it comes to punishing those Traitorous Southerners post Civil War. Guess the opposite is true as well, tho.

smdftb with this poo poo. Patriotism is not owned by the right, and those treasonous bastards deserved the gallows.

I signed my name on the line and went overseas for this nation. I think I have the right to say that traitorous bastards deserve a noose around their necks.

Those treasonous bastards in charge of the assault on our capitol a year ago deserve similar outcomes but instead they’re embraced with open arms by their fellows. It makes my blood boil that a battleflag of the army of northern virginia was paraded in the capitol of our nation. I don’t see how anyone can say they love this country and countenance that.

Those are my flags because we are a nation that was built with white supremacy embedded in it on the back of black labor.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

LeeMajors posted:

I love this.
Thank you friend :)

I was trying out Norway but I think Para is better.

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 6, 2022

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Everything is just a weird rear end culture war now. I imagine 20 years ago if Kyle Rittenhouse had done the same thing, it probably stays a local case and he either goes to prison, or if he gets the same judge, is let out but it's by no means a national story. Now the murderer is getting invites to every conservative movement for killing people. That's insane to me.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Everything is just a weird rear end culture war now. I imagine 20 years ago if Kyle Rittenhouse had done the same thing, it probably stays a local case and he either goes to prison, or if he gets the same judge, is let out but it's by no means a national story. Now the murderer is getting invites to every conservative movement for killing people. That's insane to me.

Have you ever heard the name Stan Goetz

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Skwirl posted:

500,000 people died in the civil war, it's still the highest loss of American lives in a single war. 200 executions doesn't seem that big.

i thought it was more than 500k? poo poo we've about doubled that just from COVID, which isnt alarming at all

speaking of:

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I cannot wait to hear this speech.

quote:

WASHINGTON—As Covid-19 cases climb across the U.S., President Biden and his administration are preparing Americans to accept the virus as a part of daily life, in a break from a year ago when he took office with a pledge to rein in the pandemic and months later said the nation was “closer than ever to declaring our independence from a deadly virus.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-in-shift-prepares-americans-to-see-covid-19-as-part-of-life-11641465004

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

This took me a second and I say this like five times a day at work.

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1461760071428460553?s=20

Capital has successfully vitamixed us into oblivion with culture war nonsense.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Thank you friend :)

I was trying out Norway but I think Para is better.

Yeah your instincts were good on this. The guzee has its own little playful flutter that I like.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Alaois posted:

Have you ever heard the name Stan Goetz

Only as a musician who did a lot of drugs?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

LeeMajors posted:

This took me a second and I say this like five times a day at work.

I had to look it up. Anyway, thank you for your service Mr. Nice.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

LeeMajors posted:

Capital has successfully vitamixed us into oblivion with culture war nonsense.

Its also partially because local news has been killed, local newspapers have been gutted and conglomerated, local tv news has been bought up by larger chains and now doesn't even have to be made in market, and the internet has solved the national distribution issue for places like NY Times and WaPo to become national.

Remember how generic USA Today used to be because it was trying to be a national newspaper with no regional interest? Thats most news sources these days

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 6, 2022

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Only as a musician who did a lot of drugs?

He stabbed those guys on the subway with his saxophone, it was hosed up

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

i thought it was more than 500k? poo poo we've about doubled that just from COVID, which isnt alarming at all

I see numbers of 750k, which probably includes both civilian casualties, and war casualties that were due to disease (dysentery, for example) which killed more men than actual combat wounds. But also consider that that 750k was ~2.5% of the nation's population of the time. If Covid kills 7M+ Americans, we'll be in the same ballpark.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

I see numbers of 750k, which probably includes both civilian casualties, and war casualties that were due to disease (dysentery, for example) which killed more men than actual combat wounds. But also consider that that 750k was ~2.5% of the nation's population of the time. If Covid kills 7M+ Americans, we'll be in the same ballpark.

we're already in the cook the books phase of the pandemic so i doubt we'll ever see official numbers over the 2 million mark but im not sure at what point anyone in power starts pretending to care again regardless of how many people it kills or disables

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
You gotta compare proportions. The US population has grown tremendously since the civil war. Yes, a larger raw number has died from covid, but that is also a much smaller percentage of the total population.

The civil war killed an appreciable amount of people at a scale we have not seen since in this nation.

E: roughly 2% of the entire US pop died in the civil war. When 7m people die in the USA from covid we’re in the same ballpark.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 6, 2022

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

we're already in the cook the books phase of the pandemic so i doubt we'll ever see official numbers over the 2 million mark but im not sure at what point anyone in power starts pretending to care again regardless of how many people it kills or disables

maybe if we also burn down Atlanta? It's worth a shot

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Let's compromise and do something we can all agree with and wipe silicon valley from the map

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ey whoa ey hold on

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/bensiegel/status/1479136668124856320

https://twitter.com/bensiegel/status/1479133345300852738

motherfucker we're doomed

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

^^^^^^^^lmao, yes shake his hand you disgusting little piglets. ill not be remotely disappointed at your slaughter in the midterms

Leperflesh posted:

Kalli posted:

Let's compromise and do something we can all agree with and wipe silicon valley from the map

these are both excellent ideas

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I look forward to when Democratic leadership finally comes together with Stephen Miller in 15 years because “he wanted to set up death camps the right way, not like these new guys”

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Leperflesh posted:

Atlanta is the good part of Georgia. Don't burn it down. You want to burn the lovely suburbs.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

as i was saying

https://twitter.com/ArthurDelaneyHP/status/1479155239672496132

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Well, satire is dead.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I am not gonna taze my balls
I am not gonna taze my balls
Hey I'm just like my country-
I'm old, fat, and angry
And I'm not gonna taze my balls

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The Democratic Party is trying to turn me into a full bore Stalinist aren’t they?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Video is somehow even more embarrassing than I thought possible

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1479164488364478467

E: added full video which makes it EVEN WORSE.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 6, 2022

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Hey, did the Capital Steps get invited to the first anniversary of 9-11 service? Maybe there’s precedent

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Surprised the dem leadership didn't all put on bison horns and kneel somberly to commemorate the occasion.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Silly Burrito posted:

Dammit, I hope they don’t mess it up.

Narrator: They messed it up

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/beesmygod_/status/1479160847482109952

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Video is somehow even more embarrassing than I thought possible

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1479162130494627843

I.....

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Should’ve been “Headstrong”

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Kiddo's ABA counselor tested positive for Covid today so therapy is out for a while and I guess we're all close contacts!

Been told by the school that she doesn't have to quarantine but they do need a negative test from her in five days. And now I'm wondering how that's going to work if my wife or I come down with it, or how we're even going to find a test to begin with. Guess I'll call her pediatrician and hope they can do it or have an idea where would be the best place to go?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

People are dropping like flies not showing up due to positive COVID tests here, and I am still the only person who wears my mask at my desk. The CDC really needs to investigate the magical power of these 5' high cube walls to prevent the spread of this airborne virus.

I am also one bad morning stand-up meeting away from yelling at one of the managers to put on his loving mask, because it is ALWAYS on his chin. Unsurprisingly, bringing it up to one of the other managers has not improved things.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Its Rinaldo posted:

Narrator: They messed it up

I trust the Gay Lady

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

General Dog posted:

Should’ve been “Headstrong”

But only a very, very solemn version

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Hot Diggity! posted:

But only a very, very solemn version

Headstrong by Gary Jules

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

LeeMajors posted:

Headstrong by Gary Jules

literally playing in my head rn, it's not even hard to accurately imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU