Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/artofmmignola/status/1477123056799608833?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Starting 2022 just like I did 2020 2021, without COVID-19. Guess this sore throat is something else. Then again, I vaguely recall reading an article that Omicron is evasive to home tests, so I need to go to an actual clinic to be 100% sure.

Also, we're officially in 2020: part 2.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Oh nooooooo.

Oh wait, I don't burn a hole in my steaks. :discourse:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
There's catalytic converter anti-theft devices you can buy and I need to get one as I almost had mine stolen. More things I need to do for my shitbox Toyota…

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I filed a police report & an insurance claim when my catalytic converter was almost stolen. The former went "eh…" and never heard from them again on this matter. The latter said "this is below your deductible" and never heard from them again on this matter.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I've said it before and I still stan for it: Portland has more decent BBQ places than should be for a population that has very few black people.

Meanwhile here in Maryland part of the DMV my sister lives in has complete poo poo BBQ options. Good thing my brother-in-law loves barbecuing/smoking meats.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
D-LINK gonna be posting wedding pics from the Eiffel Tower.

Or the Louvre.

FizFashizzle posted:

We’re two days in!

Also doing strict paleo.
For the last 2 years I've done vegan keto for Lent as a reset of my nutrition goals.

Easter dinner never tastes soooo good.

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 3, 2022

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Red Notice is a'ight.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I await D-LINK's bride to join us on TFF Jackbox night.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

It isn't bad enough that we horrified little sis?

She wasn't horrified but definitely wondered why y'all were focused on "cummies" that night.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

AA's little sis joined quiplash so we could have 8

He also had to draw with a trackball I guess which put him on even footing with the rest of us for drawful

It was a trackpad on my MacBook Air. :colbert:.

I may end up buying some Jackbox games as my sister enjoyed playing the few we did. It's in Steam, right?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Whelp my flight home was rescheduled to January 6 & instead of flying out of Dulles I get to use Reagan. I suspect it was due to COVID affecting the crew.

Going to be interesting being in DC on the anniversary of an attempted insurrection. Maybe in a couple hundred years MAGA hats will be back in vogue with some weird internet subgroup after seeing it used in some blockbuster streaming show based on a comic book.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
D-LINK, are you going to move to :france: or are you cursing your new bride to have to live in :911:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm assuming people are just getting out of their cars to do their business if you're stuck in traffic for 19 hours.

I do remember every time I drove from LA to San Diego for Comic-Con there being some horrible standstill traffic jam, so it wasn't uncommon for us to just run over to the side of the road to relieve ourselves. One time the delay was a tanker truck full of tar overturned, and I poo poo you not a truck full of chickens hit it. I kind of wish I was close enough to experience a real-life tarring & feathering happening but it was cleared by the time we passed by the impact site.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If these iHealth home tests are to be trusted, this sore throat I've been dealing with for over a week is not COVID-19. I want to get an antibody test when I get back to PDX tho just to make sure.

My brother-in-law went back to the office today & he's not happy about it. His boss is about to declare that people can WFH via Zoom soon which he likes, but is against Kaiser Permanente's general policy so said boss may get fired. Also my brother-in-law is required to use N95 or better masks while dealing with patients but his work won't supply any.

:911:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My Cousin Vinny talk perfectly coincides with me just coming back from Spider-Man: Far From Home.

Interested to see what Disney does with Tom Holland's Spider-Man next, as well as having a Venom symbiote in the MCU.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Home test came in negative this morning, so still batting 1000 in staying free of COVID-19.

Also my sore throat is subsiding so things are looking good for me!

I was playing old DOS games (IIRC Dungeon and the ever classic Oregon Trail) when computers first came out. I remember when data storage on home computers were on cassette tape. :corsair:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
While at the studio a new person came in to use our printers (their home one broke and hey, that's what the printers are for) and this popped up on my phone:

Considering I haven't left my house since I got home from DC this was a :catstare: moment, but that person was nowhere near Washington state so it became a :confused: moment.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Freaquency posted:

I prefer my bacon to have a little chew to it if I’m eating it alone, but on a sandwich? It needs to be crispy enough that it breaks cleanly with every bit so you don’t end up pulling out whole strips of it with you teeth.

:hmmyes:

It's a fine line to be sure, and how thick the bacon is cut has an impact on this.

Next farmer's market isn't until a couple weeks. Now do I pick up pork belly to make bacon or Filipino lechon? :thunk:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I remember that.

The 90's were wild.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
There was that ever-so-brief moment I was wondering which was the Catholic school but the kid wearing the "PRO-LIFE" shirt cleared it right up.
All right, let's fess up: name your poo poo band that you used in that time period.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I know 2 people that got COVID-19 again. One is vaxxed/boosted but got it from their chud patents, another isn't & is wrecked with this bout.

I feel bad for the former as it's random chance, and I want to be "I told you to get vaccinated" to the latter but they're doing sensitive, expensive electrical work for me pro bono so I gotta hold my tongue.

until the work is done. :v

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I love Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan the most of all the Trek movies, and I feel that Star Trek: First Contact treads similar ground (as well as taking stuff from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home).

That said, First Contact is still a rewatchable fim to me.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Rodriguez pocketed the :20bux: from the budget to fund a reboot of his 10-Minute Cooking Show.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Qwijib0 posted:

https://twitter.com/ZachCoveyTV/status/1482343351248736259

Hoping it's not as bad as it seems it could be

Brah that's gonna mean some siiick waves. I wonder if Bohdi will be catching that one in Australia…

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Saunas are cool. My sister & her husband have a mini personal sauna in their basement. I tried it out while I was there for the holidays.

20 minutes is more than enough time to stick around in one of them.

Yes, I was shitposting in this thread when I was using this device.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

haljordan posted:

Should I take the money I won on the Bills last night and put it all on the Birds to cover?

Not against this, but you should save :20bux: of it instead of investing all to celebrate that rear end-kicking. Maybe buy some Buffalo wings to commemorate the event.

As for snow, it looks like it won't be falling in MO next weekend when I'm there but it does look to stay in the single digits. 🥶

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

C-Euro posted:

ngl I would watch an animated miniseries or whatever based on the concept work for Jodo's Dune. Some truly wild stuff in there.
If you loved that check out Incal by Jodoworsky & Moebius, then pray that this actually happens.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Getting to do collegemiddle school over again with an understanding of basic human interaction and flirting would be worth it alone.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Mods please change thread title to GOOTS

And since you asked for it:

(I spent way too much time on this)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Don't forget that this year you'll have to file taxes on PayPal money you receive via goods & services.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

BlindSite posted:

Proud of this one

Cherry? Either way it's :discourse:.

My sister is more the baker than I am and can do intricate designs with pies. That said one of my favorite pies she made was just putting latticework on a chicken pot pie.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Its Rinaldo posted:

So uh Moon Knight season 2 is gonna be awkward

I did a quick "Oscar Isaac" search to see if he is any hot water & so far the worst is people making fun of his British accent?

:ninja: edit: Oh another actor in the series just died.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
There's things I like about the Marvel TV shows but then again I've relegated almost all MCU stuff to being "B-tier" entertainment, so if it's boring/bad I'll just forget about it in a week. If I find it entertaining I'll remember it for 2 weeks. :v:

That said my interest in The Book of Boba Fett is flagging. I haven't seen last week's and I know the new episode dropped this morning, but I'm already feeling indifferent on if I think it's worth catching up on.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I know Braksgirl mentioned making king cakes recently and I shouldn't be surprised there's an OG French version, so go figure I saw this on my YouTube feed and felt like it belongs here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlAuZYGsqPE

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
It's weirdly telling how people thought Angelina Jolie's role in Gia was considered her turn to superstardom & serious acting… and the only thing I remember about that movie is she's naked for a good chunk of it.

Like how Halle Berry won her Oscar after her turn on Monster'a Ball.

Then again, I guess there is a significant level of acting that's necessary to make people believe you liked having sex with Billy Bob Thornton. :v:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I liked Aquaman, as well as Shazam! & the 1st Wonder Woman.

Then again, they were 200% less dour & unfun than the Snyderverse films so it's all graded on a curve.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, checking out Angelina's IMDB I found Foxfire, which I associate with a really bad cold war movie (e: oops this was Firefox), and she played the part of Legs Sadovsky which I would associate with a Bond film.

This is not what I was expecting it to be about.

I watched Foxfire on VHS in college and it was fairly unremarkable.

shirts and skins posted:

Finally getting around to watching Lawrence of Arabia. Scorching hot take: it's incredible.

If you ever have the chance, see it on a big movie theater screen. First time I saw it was at the Brattle Theater in Xbridge, and while it's not a modern gigantic movie plex screen, it was still :aaa:. I'm even willing to overlook Alec Guinness in brownface playing a Saudi Prince.

Speaking of people wandering in the desert, I caught up on The Book of Bona Fett with the last 2 episodes. Yeah, the chase scene was pretty bad. The dual timeline stories feels too much like a bad The Godfather Part II rip-off. But Good gawd is that The Mandalorian's music?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I barely remember anything in the Peter Jackson Hobbit trilogy except they shot some stuff in 60fps and it looked like it was filmed with a GoPro.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm unreasonably excited for the Daniels new movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxN1T1uxQ2g

This on the other hand looks insane and I'm looking forward to this.

I should probably see which local theaters are showing The Tragedy of MacBeth while I'm at it too.