Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
New year new thread baybeeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Every New Year's my mom likes to tell me not to eat anything on the day like chicken that scratches backwards, because you're supposed to move forward into the new year or whatever. Is eating leftovers on New Year's Day also bad luck? :v:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Freaquency posted:

Went on a snowy hike, 10/10 first day of 2022, would recommend

Nice. My wife and I have done a hike together around New Year's for the past couple of years, hoping to make it a tradition going forward.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

General Dog posted:

I can’t remember, did the Matrix come out before or after Columbine?

Watched Matrix 1 a few days ago and asked myself the same question during it lol. Movie's still pretty dang good though, lots of really good late 90s/early 00s action movie music.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

General Dog posted:

Antivax has had a bit of a foothold in California for a while hasn’t it? Like dating back well before Covid. Seems like there’s a bit of horseshoe theory at play when it comes to vaccines and GMOs.

Yeah I think it's been able to gain the foothold in the public discourse that is has in part because it has that sort of "bipartisan" support. If it was just weird hippies or weirder libertarian types it could be dismissed a lot more easily.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Kalli posted:

Of all the images in all the movies he's done, the photo chooser chose this one from Imperium

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1476958867657568257

Don't forget the play where he did full frontal nudity.

My wife was watching the 20-year Harry Potter movies reunion or whatever on HBO Max yesterday and it was cute enough. Also any time JK Rowling was on screen they threw up a big "hey we filmed this interview in 2019 before she had completely shown her rear end, don't worry guys" graphic lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

D-LINK posted:

She said yes, my brother. Turns out she's been impatiently waiting for me ask bc some snitch in my family blew up my spot :blush:

Hell yeah.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
^^Big same, I was profoundly uncomfortable for basically the entire movie.

I have tomorrow off in observance of New Year's Day but my wife doesn't, time for the "just sit around and play video games" day I've been craving all break. Not that it hasn't been enjoyable without such a day!

LeeMajors posted:

I just finished Don't Look Up and while there's a lot of hate, I think it's a really entertaining watch and I enjoyed it more than just about any other apocalypse movie out there.

I can't remember if I posted this in last year's thread but I'm having a hard time separating my thoughts on the movie from my thoughts on social/political satire in the present day in general. There's stuff in there to like and appreciate but man it felt like a really straight putt all throughout. But among people I've talked to I seem to be in the minority there so maybe I am just brain-poisoned.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Regular or Extended Editions?

Last time I marathoned the Extended, I did one disc a day for six days. I also have the Trivial Pursuit: Lord Of The Rings edition (based on the movies), but I haven't found anyone to play it with yet.

HBO Max has both the regulars and extendeds for streaming. The missus and I chipped away at them all last week, I still love those movies but for the most part they were right to keep the extended scenes out of the theatrical release.

And yes I have that same version of Trivial Pursuit and I can't get anyone to play it with me either lol. I think I went against a couple of my family members once and absolutely rolled them, which is probably why :v:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Came back to the office today and had an email from HR saying "hey sign this piece of paper saying you won't leave in the next three months and we'll give you an extra bonus on top of what you were already getting", surely it has nothing to do with this trend.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

LeeMajors posted:

I have covid lol

RIP. Just kidding I was fine after a week other than sometimes getting light-headed when I run, more than a month later so I believe in you!

Was it a home testing kit or did you go in somewhere to get tested? My wife and my dad both had positive home tests in the last couple of weeks that were contradicted by in-clinic tests taken shortly after.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Joey Freshwater posted:

I will absolutely not use the Pact that has traps/fire give 400% damage though

A few of the modifiers are free rolls or free rolls with certain weapons, but never ever take the Trap modifier. The last area will wreck you, and if it doesn't then one of the end-run boss's attacks counts as a trap and will wreck (the jars that turn into spooky hands when they break)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Thinking about getting way into oatmeal/overnight oats as my go-to breakfast for a while, where are my oat heads at

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

going ahead and cancelling those tickets to thailand i got for feb

was holding out hope that poo poo's over now

qatar airways website is loving wrecked lol

I told you to PM me for the inside scoop on Thailand! But yeah they're shutting down in a big way and my wife is freaking out because her mom, if not both of her parents, were supposed to come to the US at the end of February to help out when the baby gets here in March and welp.

She hasn't seen them in three years now, we had plans to go in April 2020 and you can guess what happened to those.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I got a wild idea to bust out my copy Guitar Hero 3 a couple of months ago and the top fret button doesn't work anymore :( Might look into whether or not it's something I can fix on my own...

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 8, 2022

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

I don't think my wife has ever shoveled snow and I make drat sure to keep it that way.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

What the gently caress

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

pmchem posted:

what does TFF think of Ruth Bader Ginsburg now that it's been a while?

love her because of her long history of leading the way, decisions, personality, etc.?

or hate her because of the way she went out on the court?

Did a lot for women's rights and for female representation in the legal/judiciary system, then jeopardized all of it out of hubris.

Also remember back in October when Katie Couric admitted to editing an interview with RBG to make her appear less racist

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The algorithm keeps recommending me social media pages about corgis, not quite two months after we had put ours down. The algorithm can kiss my rear end!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
If I ever run for any elected position I will definitely be doing a thorough review of any and all public-facing social media, up to and including a total wipe if necessary. And even then I'll wait a year for Facebook to take that poo poo off of their servers for good.

At least with my SA account I had mostly learned about good online etiquette before I registered here because I was deathly afraid of getting banned and being out the tenbux lmao

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Not my first PC game but I remember my family's Windows 98 machine coming with a dope pack of puzzle games, the name of which entirely escapes me right now.

I think we got a pretty hefty software bundle with it too, including bangers like the first Age of Empires and The Neverhood.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

swickles posted:

Myst. I wonder how that game holds up.

It's good OP. Pretty short now but I feel like that game is vastly underrated in the pantheon of ~influential video games~. Also the entire thing was programmed in Hypercard, which was basically early Powerpoint.

Those same dudes got back together a few years ago and put out a game called Obduction, which has a really similar feeling. Played part of it and liked it but got pulled away by other stuff before finishing it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Pron on VHS posted:

Ornery, thank you for checking in. We are doing okay, riding it out in the house and hoping my wife can land a job by summer. Her citizenship interview is coming next week which will help out a lot if she passes. This civics exam has some tough questions, like knowing who the authors of the Federalist papers are.

lol really

If I remember correctly from when my wife got her citizenship they pick three questions at random from a set of 50, and most of them are total meatballs. I remember she had some sort of cheat sheet recording that she found on YouTube or downloaded that helped her memorize the answers, I'll ask her if she still remembers it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Pron on VHS posted:

edit: C-Euro for us its 10 random questions picked from a bank of 100, you have to answer 6 right.

Oh you're right, I remember now.

I asked the missus and she crammed using this and got all ten of hers right:
https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship-resource-center/the-2020-version-of-the-civics-test/study-for-the-test-2020-version

Audio only:
https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship-r...io-2020-version

This is a woman who two weeks ago asked me what "right-wing" meant so I have every confidence that your wife will do well.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

LeeMajors posted:

NYY promoted a woman to manager of their Tampa affiliate and predictably, regressives have some scorching hot takes on it.

https://twitter.com/JoshJenkins116/status/1481436347852365829?s=20

Why do sports always have to be equivocated to combat.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Boba'a Burgers

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The real triumph of Book of Boba Fett is in creating a non-horny Twi'lek.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

BlindSite posted:

I don't listen to any of them which made me feel better after finding my first grey hairs this morning I got 3. Then I noticed two more in my beard. I'm 33 wtf.

First lol. I'm also 33 and have been getting gray hair since I was 20, and I'm just over it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

ngl I would watch an animated miniseries or whatever based on the concept work for Jodo's Dune. Some truly wild stuff in there.

LeeMajors posted:

Biden admin clearly trying to outrepugnant the prior one

https://twitter.com/jrpsaki/status/1482800988033622019?s=21

She saw Sean Spicer get on Dancing With The Stars and Sarah Huckabee become the frontrunner(?) to get elected Arkansas' governor and thought "If I spend my time here as a overly-aggressive knucklehead, the sky's the limit!"

No I don't know what happened to Trump's final press secretary.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Having my adult mind put into a 6 year old body and starting elementary school sounds like a Black Mirror level of cosmic torture I could not imagine. Just passing the time at a desk listening to a teacher talk about long division, interacting with all the other kids with an adult brain for a full day for five school days a week.

It's this OP. Gimme that 10 mil now and let me keep rolling with the life I enjoy. There's maybe one (in)decision in my life where I'd be interested in seeing the counterfactual version of it, but I'm good right where I am. Maybe ask me again in six months when my future baby is making GBS threads all over me while I try to change his diaper on two hours of sleep :v:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

I saw this earlier and it made me wonder which subforums here have the highest body counts. TCC gotta be #1 right?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Intruder posted:

In news that isn't the offsite helldump harassing timby

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1483461597398024192

lol

Insane person doubles down on insane position, what else is new

Amy Pole Her posted:

By a large margin. They’ve got nearly a triple digit body count, dont they?

If TCC is #1 then who's #2 I wonder.

D&D? How many people did Caro put in harm's way when he hosed around in Syria, or are we only going to count goon deaths here

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 18, 2022

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Play posted:

the anime star wars thing was p cool. i enjoyed most of them and appreciated how they actually tried to do different things

I've been meaning to go back and watch that, but I feel like my free time is so limited these days. Gotta trick my wife into making it her next binge show.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
If you told me that's what Second Life looked like now, I'd believe you without question.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Will dogs be able to vote in the metaverse

I think they should

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

Big antivaxxer and tmz is reporting he died of covid lmao

https://twitter.com/simongerman600/status/1484528723625926663?s=21

"I have it in my rear end" could arguably be sex-related, plz fix

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

BlindSite posted:

Just heard the situation wasn't a murder and arson but a murder suicide. Sounds like his father killed his mother and then fired the house with himself inside.

Yikes. Sorry that your buddy has to go through that.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Some Pact conditions are definitely free rolls with certain weapons, or once you hit a certain skill level. Keep playing!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Alaois posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqLa5qOVsQg

everything about this game is a shitpost

ngl that game looks sweet if real stupid. Wasn't expecting Sinatra at the end there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Spoeank posted:

There's also this, which might change some things

If enough Trump voters were dying to make a dent in the national voterbase, Trump probably wouldn't be the only person in the GOP calling on people to get vaccinated. Honestly for as fun as it is to speculate about US politics on the internet, there's too many different forces at play to say anything for certain right now. For every conversation about GOP voter die-off, you have GOP state legislatures trying to make it illegal to vote Dem or whatever. The only certainty is that it's going to be a complete shitshow.