Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Happy New Year, guys.

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Pizzas came out pretty well! All of them came out edible and not burned to a crisp. Not circular by any means, but tasty. At least, I thought they were tasty; I think my family was expecting New York style, unaware that I was taking the first step on a journey towards the perfect Neapolitan pie. Ingrates :argh:

These look tasty! If you want your edges not to come out so puffy, try spreading the sauce and the toppings out closer to the edge. You only need about an inch of space between the edges and the toppings to make a good pizza bone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Freaquency posted:

It’s always weird to me that people opt for home birth when it seems like birth before it was an option was basically a coin flip for the mom, the baby, or both dying.

It's always been wild to me how many pregnant people refuse medical treatment claiming that bodies were made to birth. I've given birth 3 times, and each time I went to the hospital to have the baby, I knew there was a greater than zero chance that me or the baby was going to die. People just don't think bad things will happen to them.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hooray for twenty years of having to hear about Harry Potter from tedious people.

How dare people enjoy a thing. The loving audacity.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I’m 43 and I’ve never done any drugs. I’ve never even been properly drunk really. When you grow up in a family of users and alcoholics you get pretty aware of where the line is. I do drink about 4x a year, mostly a drink or two on vacation.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I caught someone in a lie on the internet tonight and I've never been so proud of myself in my life. I want the screenshots on my tombstone.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

"Disney World! gently caress YEAH!" is what I yell constantly in this house.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Sorry you're sick, LeeMajors! Hope you recover quickly!

Just called to get booster appts for my two eldest kids and the clinic will need to call me next week to schedule because they have too many nurses out sick. Sounds about right.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

T-Square posted:

I think I’m gonna attempt to make Macarons this weekend.

I am already accepting complete and total failure.

I didn't think they were that hard to make. Just be sure to let the cookies dry out a bit before you bake them.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Lin Manuel Miranda needs to disappear for 3-5 years so we can miss him.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

All I could think was "Yeah, that's a husband." In my next life, I want to come back as a husband. Seems cool.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

T-Square posted:

Well I kept loving up whipping the egg whites and sugar on the macarons (adding a small amount of extract and food coloring immediately ruined it) and got mad and quit, but I made some pretty ugly delicious pork gyoza

Were you using gel food coloring or the kind in the pack from the grocery store? Sometimes the thin grocery store food colors will break your egg whites. Also you should add the food color after you add in the almond flour.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 10, 2022

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

T-Square posted:

Yeah I was using the grocery store food stuff, I’ll keep an eye out for gel coloring and add after! I’m not gonna quit until I make some cute drat macarons so I’m planning on trying again this weekend. Thanks for the helpful tips!

The water in those cheapie colors is what busts up your meringue. For gel colors, the best place to find them is a craft store or party store that sells cake supplies. Michael's is a big box store that carries them. Wilton or Americolor are the most popular brands. I like Americolor because they come in small squeeze bottles that are easy to use. Wilton's comes in little pots and you have to scoop the color out. Much less convenient. Good luck on your next try! I can't wait to see what you make.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

The most glaringly obvious thing to me is that the cuff was on upside down. The hose is supposed to be at the bottom by the crook of the elbow.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

As long as super low rise jeans don't come back in a huge way for women I don't care. If it means my current leggings and oversized sweater/sweatshirt combo stays acceptable to go out in public in then folks can go right back in time to the 90s where we had frosted brown lipstick and body glitter everywhere.

Same but if we're doing 90s clothes again, I want my grunge back. Or the flowery dresses with the little t-shirts underneath. Those were fun.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Thaddius the Large posted:

Yeah I’ve got some AA shirts via Threadless from goddamn college 15 years ago that are still doing just fine, unreal lasting quality. Whether it’s good that I still wear them, I mean, come on, that’s not the point.

Oh my god, Threadless! I haven't thought about them in years. I used to have so many of those shirts. My daughters have commandeered them now.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I got a Commodore 64 when I was 10 and I thought I was hot poo poo.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

swickles posted:

Myst. I wonder how that game holds up.

I LOVED Myst. SB bought me the sequel, Riven, for Christmas one year when we were still dating. Puzzle games are my jam.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Coco13 posted:

Enormously recommend Baba Is You on Steam or Switch then. It's a (good-made!) puzzler where you slide around blocks to find a way to the win condition, and the blocks also include the rules saying what you control, what you need to touch to win, and all sorts of other concepts. It's remarkable.

Will be checking that out. Thanks!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I'm dying, y'all. Someone I work with posted in our agency group about a problem with a katana that her son bought at Epcot in the Japan pavilion. Despite living in Orlando, they had to get it mailed to their house (can't have weapons in the park, I guess) and it came in today. She was mad because when they unsheathed the sword there was an inscription on it and she thought maybe someone had bought it and returned it so they got a used sword.

The inscription said "To my brother Budd, the only man I ever loved. - Bill". She had no idea.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

The Glumslinger posted:

Thats amazing, though I gotta wonder why Kill Bill katanas were being sold at Epcot

I think some of those stores are not owned by Disney so they can sell pretty much whatever they want. That store also sells Sanrio and Pokemon stuff too.

Skwirl posted:

Or her kid had seen Kill Bill and asked for that engraving.

He did not ask for the engraving. They were very surprised to see it. She said they didn't really examine the sword when they bought it and of course it got packed and shipped right after they bought it. I get the impression the kid is fairly young so I doubt he's seen the movies.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Hello Kitty is PISSED.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Amy Pole Her posted:

This musical guest is drat fun. This must be a fun rear end show live to be at.

The singer sounds like Bruce Springsteen.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

It's king cake time bitches. The dough is in the fridge for the next 24 hours then it's party time.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Carnival is my favorite. King cake is my favorite dessert. So good.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

CannonFodder posted:

Do you put in the secret prize? And if so, how exactly do you put in the prize? And what happens if when cutting the cake to serve, you end up cutting the prize?

Yes, I put a plastic baby in the cake after it's baked. You just poke it through the bottom of the cake before you put the icing on. I've never cut through the baby in the cake before. It's plastic but it's pretty hard to cut. I think you'd have to be pretty deliberate about it if you wanted to cut it in half.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I think you can put it in before baking, especially if it's an edible object like a dried bean or something, but every king cake I've ever had in the past 20+ has had a plastic baby and you wouldn't want to bake plastic into your cake.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

King cake time, baby.

I didn't realize until too late that I didn't have purple sugar, only purple sprinkles so you get purple sprinkles. Don't judge me.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jan 18, 2022

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Intruder posted:

I only judge you because IIRC you don't put the baby in it :colbert:

I did put a baby in it. No one has found it yet though.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

harperdc posted:

figured this might be the right audience for this web game

https://wikitrivia.tomjwatson.com

shockingly harder than you'd think, my best streak so far is 8.

My best streak so far is 13.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

swickles posted:

Oh if any of you guys are 1099 or have 1099 employees, there is a new form this year and the IRS didn't tell anyone, its 1099 NEC, 1099 Misc will not be accepted.

Ugh, are you making GBS threads me? Dammit.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

BlindSite posted:

Proud of this one

She's a beaut!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Android Apocalypse posted:

I know Braksgirl mentioned making king cakes recently and I shouldn't be surprised there's an OG French version, so go figure I saw this on my YouTube feed and felt like it belongs here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlAuZYGsqPE

I mean, I guess that's probably tasty but homemade puff pastry is a lot more of a bitch to make than yeasted dough. No thank you please to making laminated dough. Also I think almond paste aka marzipan is kind of a polarizing flavor. I mean, not that the French care about that sort of thing.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Immune to your poo poo has cascading benefits :haw:

You have NO idea. For the record, it’s all the dudes in the house have Covid. I still maintain boys are dumb.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Are Covid farts a thing? If so, he’s got his first symptom. Send help.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Skwirl posted:

My main idea about gender relations is that boys are dumb and girls are crazy. Like women will get along better with men if they understand, "oh he's a loving dumbass" and men will get along better with women if they understand "oh, she's gonna do something a rational person wouldn't do sometime in the next week."

Well I was mostly joking, but we did have a story about a dude who put his dick in a toaster oven soo......

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Tom Brady is a big dumb diaper baby and I hate him. I've had worse split lips from bumping into things.

I don't do the gdt since it was made clear to me I was not welcome there.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I don’t even remember who said something to me because it was a while ago but I just remember feeling kind of hurt by it because I’d only posted in there a couple of times. I don’t really have a thin skin and I can poo poo talk with the best of them but the comment was so mean-spirited that I just said “gently caress it” and vowed never to go in there again. I don’t really care that much about GDT so I just steer clear. I just don’t want to be in a place where people are going to be lovely to me for no reason, you know?

The best GDT interaction I’ve had is Rinaldo insulting my living room rug so it wasn’t all bad.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Lol thanks. It was $80 at Costco which is why I bought it.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Aw, sweet baby. To be fair, I like your rug better than mine. Fwiw, I really don't care if people diss my rug, it's just fun to play along like I do. It was a cheapie that I used to cover kid and dog stains on carpet we no longer even have plus my cat has scratched up one corner of it anyway so it's getting replaced at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Pain of Mind posted:

I don't do any goon discord (or any discord really) because the one time I joined the SAS discord years ago it was so toxic (not to me specifically, just in general) that I lost all interest in socializing with goons in real time. What I can only assume are a bunch of permabanned peeps who still think the N word is edgy and were just generally annoying. I can sympathize with a single bad interaction just kind of souring a whole medium.

I joined the TFF discord a few months ago and I lasted 10 min and noped on out of there. It was not for me.