Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bird in a Blender posted:

Congrats, tomorrow is going to be out coldest day this winter, but looks like it’ll still be in the 20s, so not too bad. Looks like no snow on the radar, so you shouldn’t have issues flying in. Roads will be clear and salted, so driving won’t be bad.

I’ve been to Oregon, nice town right on the Rock River. There’s a state park with a big Chief Black Hawk statue.
Oh good, I thought he was driving to the state of Oregon from O'Hare and I was very confused. ":confused: just... fly to Portland"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joey Freshwater posted:

I decided I’m gonna do dry January and I’m already regretting it.
I'm doing the same, may see how long I can stay sober after or at least slow down my consumption.

Just getting through the first weekend is the toughest part.

Getting to the next weekend is the toughest part.

Getting through next weekend is the toughest part.

and so on and then it's February and half of your liver has rebuilt itself.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Relentlessboredomm posted:

switch to weed, its so much better than booze anyway
I am subject to random drug screening :(

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

fartknocker posted:

I’m pretty sure the movie opens with the the Eiffel Tower and most of Paris being destroyed as collateral damage from them stopping terrorists. Plus the whole puppet sex scene.
The biggest laugh for me was when the protagonists are captured and are about to be fed to "hungry panthers" and then two domestic shorthair cats are put in the enclosure and just kinda look around and are regular cats.

Thaddius the Large posted:

It seems like every time there’s a big snow dump in Portland at least a couple people straight up abandon their cars in the middle of the interstate, like, decide the icy roads aren’t worth it and just walk away leaving their vehicle behind, and usually I’m utterly baffled by that kind of decision making, but man, that kinda jam makes me understand.
I was in the big ice storm of Atlanta that shut down the city overnight, and I understand completely. I'm lucky, I'm in an 18 wheeler with a bunk and enough fuel to idle for 3 days at minimum and have extra water and snacks. I still walked over to the nearest exit the next morning to buy some snacks at a gas station and use the rather dire toilet facilities. That night when the roads were "open" as I was driving through Birmingham I saw lines of abandoned cars all over the place. I say the roads were "open" because only certain directions were open. Westbound I-20 got more sun during the day while Eastbound was in the shade of the trees lining the road. My route was clear and dry while the other side was still so bad that an R+L truck got in trouble and jacknifed going up a hill, blocking traffic that was backed up for many miles.

Last year when Texas was shut down I was lucky in that it was looking bad enough on Tuesday that my dad and I called our boss and said we weren't going because of the conditions and he agreed so we sat at home for two days. The other team that leaves on Monday was stuck in Louisiana for 3 days so even running on Friday we still got home before they did.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 4, 2022

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Joke's on you, Minnesota gets such bad weather in both seasons most places have heat and AC.

Also I am squarely on the side of the southerners every time this comes up, because why the hell would you have our multi-million dollar snow removal infrastructure for the one storm that hits every year.

Most of the time it melts enough in one day to at least clear the main roads. Texas last year was an anomaly because it stayed freezing for several days and nothing was able to thaw out.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LeeMajors posted:

We ordered rapid tests a week ago and they still haven’t shipped. Still waiting on the order cancellation to roll in since they can officially gouge now.

My options are to wait several hours in a line in my car in the morning for a PCR or wait several hours at an urgent care.

Wasn’t Biden going to distribute 500M tests? Lol.

We are a failed state.
You can wait and get tested? Nice. In my area it's appointment only first chance is Thursday or Friday.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Low skill workers like cooks :flipoff::milk:

I dare him to do a 4 hour shift in the back of house of a moderately busy restaurant. Not even a full 8.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Leperflesh posted:

maybe if we also burn down Atlanta? It's worth a shot
Atlanta is the good part of Georgia. Don't burn it down. You want to burn the lovely suburbs.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

BigPaddy posted:

If they were something like a JW or a Christian Scientist that are very anti medicine ok sure it is dumb but that is your cult of choice. People who have had all the other vaccines required but are now saying they don't want the Covid ones because Jesus are just idiots who have watched too much crap on Youtube.

JWs are actually pro-vaccine.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jw-vaccines-immunization/

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

BlindSite posted:

I saw spidermans the other day and the cinemas were almost empty and pretty well distanced. It might be how I got sick come to think of it. Spidermans was pretty good, so... worth it.
My sister and brother in law went to see Spidermans on the 26th and the theater was packed.

In unrelated news my niece tested positive for Covid on Tuesday and for 2 weeks I have been coughing so much I'm losing my voice. This week my dad joined me in the cough brigade. He will get tested Monday. I won't get tested until possibly Wednesday but I'm gonna cancel that.

Yay.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Freaquency posted:

It’s amazing how bad people are at distinguishing gunfire from other loud bangs. I mean I guess it’s good that most people don’t experience it enough to have a strong idea of what it sounds like, but still lmao
I live a mile away from a rifle range / gun shop, and in early October I hear the black powder muzzleloaders go off as people are getting ready for early deer season. Black powder has a distinct OOMPH to the bang compared to smokeless powder. But yeah sometimes I hear gunshots going off in the distance and don't give it no mind.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Timby posted:

My fashion is so boring. I basically wear jeans and a button-down shirt, occasionally with a sweater, and that's been my style for like 20 years.

Edit: Hell, my haircut / style hasn't changed in 20 years.
My haircut hasn't changed in 15 years because once you go bald, you go bald.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Sim City 2000 was one of my first real computer games and also my first real forum experience as I searched across the internet for the unlimited money cheat code.
Sim City 2000 was the first time I stayed up all night playing a computer game.

Sure I stayed up late playing Nintendo a few times, but SC2K was the first time I got totally lost in a game.

The manual was amazing, it even had philosophy about city management and all kinds of lore. Loved it.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 11, 2022

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Qwijib0 posted:

In today's bullet dodged news, the caregiver at our daycare tested positive last Thursday, coincidentally our 10 month old was home Thu and fri. Today she was out for other reasons and we learned one of the infants who is in the room tested positive as well, and they are closing it for the rest of the week.

My luck is going to run out at some point I'm sure.

My sister is going through the same mess, my 4yo niece tested positive last week so her daycare had to close the class for her class and my 2yo niece's class. Then yesterday my sister started feeling sick.

The 4yo is fine and dandy now, she bounced back quick. The 2yo tested negative and now there's a rigamarole about when she can return to daycare.

Oh and the 4yo tried to give herself a hair cut because she was bored. It's fine. Kids.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Good memories: playing Starcraft with my cousin and we are playing 2 v 6CPUs and just going ham on them with fully upgraded carriers and battleships. Yeah the CPU AI was garbage and didn't have any way to fight late game heavies, I didn't care, we smashed them all.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

Man that place ruled so much. They cracked down by the mid 90's and instead of this giant mall full of piracy, there'd be guys at the entrance of the place that'd ask you if you wanted software, and they'd take you to fake store fronts and eventually (kinda scarily) random rear end apartments where you'd get all the poo poo you'd want.
That sounds like trying to score some coke but you're not a regular so they have to send you three places first so they can get all the money they can.

But the cocaine is Photoshop 6.2

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bird in a Blender posted:

I feel like just wearing a mask makes me cough more. Probably because I have to breath and talk harder, and there's a decent chance I'm sucking in tiny little cloth particles. Had a meeting today where all of a sudden I kept coughing because it felt like something was stuck in my throat.
I can go hours without coughing and then I get a horrible coughing fit and hack up a loogie. Then I'm fine again.

Got a PCR test today, gonna find out if I have Vid or Crud.

Talking about these old games got me thinking about how many of these games had great music. However, I can't think of a game with mediocre music. Even games that were slow and took many hours like SimCity or Civilization had some banging tracks. I don't remember a game that was just Blah with the music.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 12, 2022

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

Other symptoms? Dry or productive cough?
I sent you a PM.

Its Rinaldo posted:

My house always had flight joysticks to play Wing Commander, Falcon 3.0, and F117 Stealth

Oh also Mechwarrior 2

Oh man that reminds me playing Mig Alley Ace when i was really little
When I was a kid we had MS Flight Simulator and a flight joystick. I used that joystick to play Wolf3D and Doom. I was not smart.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 12, 2022

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
The Smiiiithsss~~~

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm listening to the Warcraft 2 OST on Youtube right now and it still slaps, homies

Zug zug.

Glow dook

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 13, 2022

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Samadhi posted:

What Your Favorite Sad Dad Band Says About You will personally attack some of us, such as:

Everclear
You died seven years ago.

Short and sweet, and if not for the forced sobriety for trucking I could possibly have drunk myself to death in my 30s.

LeeMajors posted:

I love the entire August and Everything After album but I didn’t like much of their stuff beyond that—a little too slow and self-indulgent.
Counting Crows found the sheet music and lyrics to the song August and Everything After that was supposed to be on that album, the lryics are even on the cover.

It's an 8 minute song that would fit much better on This Desert Life. Interesting but tedious.

Einstein on the Beach is also a banger found on a rarity album.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jan 15, 2022

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Intruder posted:

I've played it for 45 hours :laffo:
I've watched other people play it for about 10 hours. It's just so chill but also satisfying when a section blinks to let you know it's perfectly clean.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joey Freshwater posted:

Not the same without my super bougie vitamin C infused shower afterwards
I will imagine that as a basket of lemon wedges strapped to a shower head.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

snowing like poo poo outside

Charging my car in Statesville 100 miles east of you and there's nothing.

Friday I had to sit at the Dallas terminal for 8 hours for them to finally load the trailer. If it was ready by 1pm like usual I would have been home for hours by now. This is a week after they sent us to Connecticut. Gotta love a "dedicated run"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

No Butt Stuff posted:

I’m always surprised people know Statesville exists.
I come from an even smaller town. Statesville is that place between here and Charlotte so I know it well as I drive past.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

3 DONG HORSE posted:

i eat my chili on either rice or (preferably) mac n cheese because chili mac is s-tier
Oh look it's tomorrow's dinner with chili I made last week and froze for this week.

I made mine rather thick because instead of canned tomatoes I used tomato paste. And yes I used beans idgaf

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Braksgirl posted:

Carnival is my favorite. King cake is my favorite dessert. So good.
Do you put in the secret prize? And if so, how exactly do you put in the prize? And what happens if when cutting the cake to serve, you end up cutting the prize?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Braksgirl posted:

Yes, I put a plastic baby in the cake after it's baked. You just poke it through the bottom of the cake before you put the icing on. I've never cut through the baby in the cake before. It's plastic but it's pretty hard to cut. I think you'd have to be pretty deliberate about it if you wanted to cut it in half.
Thanks!

opposable thumbs.db posted:

That makes sense, I never really thought much about it but for some reason I assumed it was mixed in prior to baking
Yeah I thought it was baked in, but also yeah baking a little plastic baby isn't healthy.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

swickles posted:

I mean, for me 10m easily, but I also feel anyone who has kids and/or a wife is going to take that disproportionately than those who don't.
Yeah, not like I have children or even a significant other to wonder what could have been.

I think I could even find my friends, I know where they are and where they came from and I would just put myself in the same area where we met the first time.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

Until March 1st, yes. We had one last week, and Braks just made this one today. Very drat good.

She found a savory boudin filled, étouffée topped king cake for sale on Facebook. As much as I like boudin and étouffée, that just sounds wrong.
I put "boudin filled, étouffée topped king cake" into my Carb manager app and it responded with this:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

Guess apple goes and buys squeenix?
Sony would be the more likely buyer of squeenix, they have a long partnership.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

You, a fool, playing Street Fighter 2 for "fun".

Me, a genius, playing nothing but skee ball hoarding tickets for a ruler and rubber finger puppet.
Me, a nerd, playing Jurassic Park Pinball in the back corner.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Intruder posted:

the profile pages still have AIM and ICQ :lol:

Hang on, let me re-install Trillian so I can chat on all of the major chat programs.

Oh boy, 2004 aesthetic

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Android Apocalypse posted:

Don't forget that this year you'll have to file taxes on PayPal money you receive via goods & services.

How does one file the money lost to catfishing? Gambling losses? Asking for a friend.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

dirty shrimp money posted:

I seen the future and it's the Habbo Hotel
How do I make an NFT of a chiptune Kraftwerk cover?

Asking for a prismatic friend.

C-Euro posted:

If you told me that's what Second Life looked like now, I'd believe you without question.
Needs more flying dongs.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 20, 2022

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Relentlessboredomm posted:

they massively pumped production bc they were so far behind on orders, they're probably just winding that down.

ahh the many joys of the accordion supply chain effect
Also gyms are opening up so there's less incentive to make sure all workouts are at home. I'm sure there are people who want to get back into a spin class and be around other people. If they already have a Peloton they may just sell used which drops a new sale from Peloton.

Yes Covid is still around but that won't stop them.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Already ceding east Ukraine to Russia there. Yes, that part speaks Russian instead of Ukrainian but it's just a little stark to see it that way.

Lol at Iceland and Basque country with their answers.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

C-Euro posted:

"I have it in my rear end" could arguably be sex-related, plz fix
"I want to talk about the state of the fish" could be about animals, but really it's just a non sequitur dodge of the conversation.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Braksgirl posted:

Are Covid farts a thing? If so, he’s got his first symptom. Send help.
In that case I've had Covid my entire life.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I felt miserable with covid for more than 10 days.

I keep hearing about people who are basically right back at it after a couple days and I am green with envy!
My niece tested positive for Covid and was right back to her normal 100MPH self in 2 days. That meant she could go back to daycare in 5 days.

Her sister tested negative and had to stay out of daycare for 10 days. If she tested positive it would have been 5.

I had a rough and productive cough for 3 weeks at the same time my niece tested positive but no fever or loss of smell or any pain or tiredness and tested negative on a PCR test. I have no idea what I had but I still wore my mask and tried real hard not to cough. I'm vacced and boosted and if I have to get a booster with my flu vac every year then I will be there.

Everyone get better. Especially Silly Burrito because Braksgirl didn't lose her sense of smell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah I just switched to credit karma last year from TurboTax, so gently caress me i guess.
I'm in the exact same situation. I've been getting emails from Credit Karma to file again and I was just gonna roll with it. Now I don't know.