Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I hump every flag I see.
From Paraguay to Paraguzee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

LeeMajors posted:

I love this.
Thank you friend :)

I was trying out Norway but I think Para is better.

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 6, 2022

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

I have full on body aches, feel like I got hit by a truck, sore throat etc. Apparently my suburb has one of the highest concentration of cases in the state. Pretty loving cool.

I’m sorry comrade :(

I wish you a resilient body and a quick recovery.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I've been going to school part-time through most of the pandemic. My fulltime job as an essential employee, in addition to many forced hours of OT from short staffing, hasn't derailed me. Having a baby, now a toddler, hasn't put me off track. Managing a lawsuit, selling my home then going through the arduous task of finding another didn't deter me. Even having 10 hours a week eaten up by union work made worse by budget cuts, organizers resigning, and some of the shittiest coworkers you can imagine hasn't stopped me getting through school.

I swear to god trying to find the cheap pdf versions of this quarter's textbooks has me past my breaking point. The multitude of layered costs in this deeply insidious cash grab we call an education system is... overwhelming.

You do a lot of things. I am proud of myself if I run the dishwasher (emptying is a different day).

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

pmchem posted:

what does TFF think of Ruth Bader Ginsburg now that it's been a while?

love her because of her long history of leading the way, decisions, personality, etc.?

or hate her because of the way she went out on the court?

She was racist and capitalist and her decisions reflected that.

She was not the progressive champion she is made to be, although in fairness she was technically more progressive than a lot of her contemporaries. But that’s indictment of the contemporaries more than praise of RGB.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Skwirl posted:

I'm not normally in favor of bullying children, but if I thought there was the smallest possibility that story was true, that kid deserved a swirly.

We should bully the parent for the tweet

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The solution is to have partisan judges, but the good party

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Also the Supreme Court shouldn’t exist it’s nonsense

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

LeeMajors posted:

While I was in isolation last week, my brother in law recommended the new Battlefield game and when I asked how the campaign mode was, he was like "oh, it's multiplayer only."

gently caress, like, I'm 38 I dont play games to get murdered by 12 year olds with no responsibility who play 12hrs a day.

I just played Hades and RDR2 nonstop.

Getting continually murked in FPSs with no sign of improvement is unironically one of my first moments of “oh poo poo, I’m mortal. I’m old.”

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah, I get what you're saying but AOL, IRC, BBSs, stuff like that weren't subject to a malignant algorithm and the sort of automated funneling toward extreme ends of every ideology and interest.

Also those entities allowed internet anonymity (which has pros and cons).

There is something deeply unsettling that people are now born into the internet where your internet presence is actually connected to your name, face, and lived experiences.

From a growth perspective, people do dumb poo poo. Cringe occurs in the space between doing dumb poo poo and being a better person. But with the internet the dumb event is locked in electronic history. Society needs to be way more forgiving and growth oriented for that to be okay and obviously our society is not there.

It’s also weird as gently caress to have kids talk about “their brand” as they try and build their social media presence.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What do you all think the future of elected officials and CEOs looks like?

There will come a time* when humans were all born into the social media age. People will have their Facebook pages or their Reddit posting histories locked into electronic history.

Does that mean we will see an acceptance of dumb/offensive poo poo that kids say as a different point in that person’s life cycle? Does that mean that it will be weaponized so that individuals who serve the system have it ignored while those who challenge the system are punished (ex/ Biden’s atrocities swept out of national media, fake outrage about Bernie amplified).

Or does that mean that the future is nothing but Buttigeigs. Little sociopaths calculating every move.

*pending survival of plague, climate change, etc.

E: two of you angels are already ahead of my post :)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Healthcare and lifting goons: Any recommendations for grapefruit sized massage balls?
Actual massage balls I've looked at cost $25+ so a cheaper alternative would be welcome.

YLLS Equipment thread suggested softball balls. Might give that a try. Seems about right?

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jan 12, 2022

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Was hoping for something less expensive for what is basically “hard hall”.

Appreciate the link though and gently caress it who cares it’s 2022, everyone getting cheese lungs

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

I have that blue ball and it is really great

Your seal of approval makes me more confident about this purchase.

Thank you friend.

How are you and the family holding up? You shared that y’all had to move out of the house due to unexpected job changes. How are y’all doing in the pandemic?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

Ornery, thank you for checking in. We are doing okay, riding it out in the house and hoping my wife can land a job by summer. Her citizenship interview is coming next week which will help out a lot if she passes. This civics exam has some tough questions, like knowing who the authors of the Federalist papers are.

That question is impossible. I studied that early American stuff and I don’t remember.

I’m rooting for you, friend.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

I'm so tired of selection criteria, I don't want to tell you about a time I was a good team player

I think you’re a great team player and I look forward to hearing about your success in landing a new, better job in the near future.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Doltos posted:

It's a stupid thing to buy. Just get a foam roller for like 5 bucks off amazon. Back pain is associated with breaking calcium deposits but the root of the issue is usually exercise focusing on the muscle groups around the pain. If you're serious about addressing it work on that and look up some decent stretches for associated areas. Don't get fooled into these stupid massage balls.

I have a foam roller and that’s good. I also have a lacrosse ball. Those are both good but there’s some specific muscles I want to target where I think a tough, larger ball would be useful.

I also of course am doing stretches and targeted exercises. Isometric exercises. Care to join me?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm listening to the Warcraft 2 OST on Youtube right now and it still slaps, homies

The realest

https://youtu.be/-mzfnUIdzq4

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Timby, share with us the tale of your probation and financial adventures.

We were worried.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

General Dog posted:

Game night tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CST

https://discord.gg/2zvEhUgk

Can I get an invite link?

Won't be able to make it tonight but would like to try in the future.

The quoted link is invalid on my end.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

General Dog posted:

I think it should follow as an invite link. Is it dead for anyone else?

Here’s another: https://discord.gg/2zvEhUgk

That did the trick! Thank you!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Why would anybody do drugs when you could just mow a lawn

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

seiferguy posted:

Welp, tested positive for the 'rona. Probably had it for some time.

I’m sorry seifer, that’s terrible.

How are you holding up?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Intruder posted:

Me playing Hades, getting hit by some bullshit: OH THAT'S CRAP *gets tackled by dog trying to cheer me up*

Extremely wholesome

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

SundayMoney posted:

While being sick all week waiting on my PCR to come back, I interviewed and accepted a similar position but pays 11k more a year. Put in my 2 weeks today and just hoping I feel better by then.

What a roller coaster of emotions. Congratulations friend :)

That’s a quick turnaround for interview to offer.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

He got antibodies put into him?

I thought stuff was only for the ruling class and their political puppets?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The Glumslinger posted:

Its filtering down as production scales up, but the issue is that they need to match whichever strain of covid you have, so the transition from the delta->omicron wave significantly reduced the availability of supplies

Dang

Inject me with the serum

Make my captain America

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

GD_American posted:

He’s actually right, though

https://youtu.be/cRIfsFefatg

This was shockingly listenable. The singer has a lovely voice.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Surviving acute Covid is one thing, sucks that basically everyone is gonna get long Covid :smith:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

You do a lot of great work for our community TT. It seems extremely emotionally taxing and you mentioned some tribulations in your personal life. I’m proud of you for your resilience and compassion.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The ethical choice is clearly going back to 6. It’s not even a discussion. Leverage knowledge to get the money and power to try and influence the world to a better place.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Getting to do college over again with an understanding of basic human interaction and flirting would be worth it alone.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Intruder posted:

the democratic party in a nutshell right here

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1483194036521422852

I was really, really, really hoping the blatant hypocrisy, deceits, and malevolence of the democrats this go around would spark something with the base. Foster class consciousness.

No luck yet!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Had a hearty chuckle

Thank you for spreading joy BrownThunder :)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I want to believe Timby and I applaud their courage for posting about it at all. Discussing finances sucks a lot when you don’t have a lot of money. I’ve been there.

Then again I’m a compassionate rube and other goons have done shadier poo poo for stupider reasons.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

And Timby made the other goon whole plus interest which seems fair!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ostentatious posted:

You can only stay shut in one place for so long so going out if you’re vaccinated isn’t the end of the world. Being cooped up in one place doesn’t seem very healthy.

There’s a big gap between “literally isolated alone in one place” and “going to a several mega events”.

I was super cautious and largely self isolated, and I still got sick.

Other folks are regularly out at shows and Applebees swapping spit, and do not get sick.

The world is a mystery.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

Proud of this one

That’s a nice looking pie, my friend

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Quiet Feet posted:

Thanks all!

On mobile otherwise I’d link but there’s an entire thread for office chairs and tons of good info in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’ll pet every dog itt.

Hell I’ll pet every dog ott.

My will is indomitable.

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 19, 2022