Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If you suffer from acid reflux whatsoever i cannot imagine drinking any champagne. And hope things get better on the homefront leper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Had to go back and see who and why. Had a chuckle. Man, he was an annual gift.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man, poo poo. That’s now Two chat thread goons running off with other goons money.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What makes it extra heartbreaking is the number of us who sent him money to help him out. Ultimately this hope he’s not in some real bad place. People do stupid stupid poo poo sometimes.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol things are so black and white eh?*

*For future reference when it’s dug up in 5 years, the above post is not about race

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

DKCecil never survived to the days chat threads became allowed or it'd be three :v:

I don’t even remember that story!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Twitter as a whole has made society significantly dumber so block everyone imo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Congrats D Link!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Most fortune 500s test

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

That’s just amazing.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Why stop at generals? What’s the distinguishing line in the sand, exactly?

I agree with you, they were traitors, just asking a few questions that would immediately be asked.

Edit

Mr. Nice! posted:

Generals didn't secede. We should have executed every one of the politicians that signed an article of secession. Every single one that participated in and perpetuated the conferderate government. It would have been a lot of people, but it would have prevented a lot of poo poo that we're still dealing with over a century and a half later.

Now we’re talkin!

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jan 6, 2022

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
RIP to the shittiest television ever created

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Curses. Worst scripted television adaptions of popular comic books.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

T-Square posted:

Man I just wanted to post about how I made a coworker’s day better and it made me feel good, I’ll gently caress off then I guess

Chat thread hierarchy. Anger over attention seeking. I’ll find the by laws, or as we call it, the Mudkiper doctrine

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
“Who cares when anyone dies. Ultimately it’s all random nothingness” - Guy at work

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

These are comparable ideas?

Yup, pretty clearly, too. They follow the same logic.
Edit obviously one is more extreme

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 8, 2022

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I have no idea how to start unpacking your logic here. Maybe when you're condescending to someone who spends their work day in an ambulance on matters of death it's time for some introspection.

It was taking a common defense mechanism in response to death to the extreme degree, but “sure” to whatever your point is.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

T-Square posted:

Eat Arby’s

Lmao i forgot about this account

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

You can simultaneously recognize that a person who lived to nearly 100, and lived well, and was wealthy and apparently cognitively healthy to the end, has lived a good life and got a nicer ending than the vast majority of people get: and also that's someone who you were fond of, and enjoyed experiencing new things they made or did, and feel sad that they're gone now and there will be no more new stuff from them. And maybe also on a more personal level, feel sad that a unique individual, their mind and thoughts and feelings and all that, have been utterly destroyed and wiped from the universe, and that's awful to contemplate no matter how old they were.

We don't get to live forever and if we did, we'd run out of resources and it'd be terrible, so obviously death is necessary at least as long as we're confined to this earth. It still sucks and I wish everyone cool and good could live forever, somehow, without horrific consequences. It's sad to me that they don't, and extremely tragic and awful that I won't either.

RIP betty white, you were cool and I wish I could have seen you do more stuff for more years.

All sarcasm aside this is a great way to view it imo. Well said.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
ERs certainly aren’t holding up here. 8 hours wait for my mom to get seen and she’s been bed ridden for 3 weeks and I’ve gotten very little info besides “not covid!” But once that’s established they really don’t seem to care.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dr Phil isn’t there to confirm the diagnosis

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Mini feeds and Twitter, basically allowing folks to just react and freak out over headlines and share their outrage…. All while not even reading the actual source. That’s what has killed society.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Peacemaker has an awesome tone and the intro has me absolutely slayed so I’m already into this show 9 minutes in

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I hate the Rock at this point but absolutely love Cena

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Timby posted:

The Wrath of Khan is very, very good, but there are times when the movie's tiny budget (it was produced by Paramount's television division, and they had a deal to sell it to ABC as a movie of the week if the higher-ups weren't liking the dailies) is really, really obvious--Reliant's bridge just being a redress of the Enterprise; Kirk and Khan never actually meeting because they could only afford to have Montalban for a few weeks; re-used footage from The Motion Picture; re-used model from The Motion Picture; Regula One is just the orbital office model from TMP flipped upside-down.

Just noticed you were no longer probated and posting here. Welcome back.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
2 out of 3 Peacemakers - it’s fun as hellllll
1 boba fett - nope. It’s amazing to me how simply a being Star Wars property gives shows / movies a +5 in some folks ratings. It’s horribly boring

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Florida has totally desensitized me, because so many folks here in PBC seem to have tested positive and show absolutely no symptoms.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Timby, share with us the tale of your probation and financial adventures.

We were worried.

We both got skipped lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

GD_American posted:

Do....do they own a globe?

He lives in Australia

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah. Not like an accusation or anything.
It's just the idea of going to a sauna or hotel or in door restaurant or basically loving anything other than the necessities of life and the park has become foreign to me having a little kid through the pandemic. For some reason it struck me as very funny that going to the sauna is something a person would do. It makes sense that one would. It sounds pleasant. It also sounds archaic to my ear. Like hitting up the vomitorium after a quick pop in at the farrier.

I may be totally losing it.

Go outside.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I did today. Was nice. The kind of beautiful day that almost makes up for the vast greyness that makes up most of the PNW winter.

It’s energizing and it’ll help whatever’s going on with that previous post. Nature is energizing.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Should probably get more sleep too. There's also been some studies indicating Omega 3 fatty acids can have a positive impact on one's mental/emotional well being too. And of course a solid exercise routine can work wonders.

You recently get a job in the Biden administration or something?

All good ideas! Sounds like you’ve got it down 🙌

I don’t get the Biden joke

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
SNL is pretty drat great if you’re stoned and always amazed at how huge Yao Ming is

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This musical guest is drat fun. This must be a fun rear end show live to be at.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I appreciate timby explaining his side

I also appreciate the laugh i had at the Push button meme

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
By a large margin. They’ve got nearly a triple digit body count, dont they?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Timby posted:

gently caress it. I'm getting emails harassing me. I explained how I didn't defraud anyone, how I made the guy whole, paid him interest, and y'all know that I spent most of 2019 and 2020 in the hospital. Congratulations, you have successfully chased me off the forum.

Emails? From who?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Edit whoops!

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 19, 2022

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

Miracle Workers is pretty good. It was on TBS I guess but HBO MAX has it now. Daniel Radcliffe and Steve Buschemi are in it.

Buschemi plays God and Radcliffe plays a low level worker bee that is in charge of performing miracles but he has performance issues so he sucks at his job. It’s pretty funny.

Very very good suggestion. I’m laughing my rear end off at the western one as we speak. I like that i don’t need to watch any prior seasons to catch up

Edit
Eyyyyyyyyyy

swickles posted:

They also blow up the entire premise each season. The 2nd is a medieval era period peace and the 3rd is basically Oregon Trail the TV show that is also weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Quiet Feet posted:

Was office chair chat in the last thread or did it spill over into this thread? One of the cheap arm rests on my chair broke and unfortunately it turns out that they were what was holding the back on. :doh:

Long story short, I want a sturdy chair that doesn't have supporting structures made of plastic.

Find a used steel case if it’s you paying, push for a brand new mid grade steel case if it’s your boss paying