Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Good morning 2022 Chat Thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Really sad that the original thread title was censored smdh

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

a sexual elk posted:

Going from SoCal beaches to SoCal mountains(legit seen snow 4 times in 34 years before we moved up here). I forgot you have to shovel immediately, so I have a 2 inch layer of ice everywhere and a gravel driveway so gently caress trying to shovel that

I envy no man that has to shovel gravel driveways

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Waiting anxiously for DLINK to come in and tell us if he's engaged

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Played Deep Rock Galactic online with Blowjob Overtime last night and had a great time, 2022 is off to a great start

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

DLINK please hook up a giant TV at your wedding and walk down the aisle to this

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Watching the most recent Expanse episode and god drat, Drummer is such a great character. One of the best on the show, possibly the best.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

General Dog posted:

The Book of Boba Fett is a total waste if he doesn’t unmask a Sand Person and kiss him or her on the lips

Pretty sure that's Fennec Shandy

GD_American posted:

Congratulations!

Went into Costco today and found the most random-rear end purchase imaginable. A giant 7 kilo Jamon leg, complete with a little wooden stand and knife for 100 bucks.

My personal mantra is fast becoming "gently caress it, I've spent more on dumber"

Congrats friend, and the good news is Costco generally have those once a year at least!

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

We were just asked to turn our cameras on for a quick team check-in/welcome new people because our manager was out for six weeks at the end of the year.

Someone on our team (who manages people) tagged me in the meeting Teams chat and said "Masks are not required at your cube". :wtc:

Tell him he will have to wear a mask at all times after you rearrange his face

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I would eat that without the fruit loops

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Does anyone know that website that sells discounted Xbox Live and Playstation Plus subscriptions? I can't seem to remember it.

https://www.cdkeys.com/ has them often. You can also keep an eye on https://slickdeals.net/ and set up notifications there.

edit: Such as this.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Disturbing lack of Privateer ITT

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I just had to give to half-hour presentations on the production floor, which means basically yelling with a mask. Started to cough about 20 minutes into each of them, and I've never been so tempted to say "no, no, don't worry, I've had four straight nights with my wife at work, it's a weed cough" at my place of work. COVID times are weird.

Not enough people are honoring the true heroes like you

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I keep her spirits up by leaving the beautiful, pristine snow on our long, steep driveway so she can take in nature's marvels at the end of a 12 hour shift.

Just set it up so she can shovel downhill and then she can use a complex system of ropes and pulleys to pull herself to the top and shovel downhill again

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

You joke but I legit love the Ace Combat series. Just a bunch of crazy loopdy loops and blowing poo poo up.

Maybe Apache Longbow, are you?

E: or Gunship! ? I definitely remember the game you're describing, but hell if I can think of the name.

Remember this? I played the Game Gear version all the loving time

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Barudak posted:

My ground floor apartment is tragically surrounded by taller buildings so I can't yeet into my place easily.

Japan related post: the gently caress is this soft bacon in my blt bullshit japan. Whys it soft

Chewy bacon is superior bacon.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Barudak posted:

You deserve nothing but scorn

Sorry you degenerates don't appreciate superior pork preparation.

Crispy bacon is the Manas steak of pig meat

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Florida is crazy man

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1481406150889381890?s=20

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

seiferguy posted:

See, I would believe this if I believed the queen was still alive!

What rear end is harder than the dessicated corpse of a nonagenarian

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I watched the most recent episode of The Book of Boba Fett, and it seems like they really pushed this out the door too quickly. The biker chase scene was really cheap looking and not engaging at all. The fight scene with the wookie made no sense, and the rancor subplot seems rushed and tacked on. I really wish they did a better job on this show, but it's like a discount Mandalorian.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Freaquency posted:

This was always the danger with making a show about a character that was so popular despite being relatively undeveloped- so many people have this head canon built up about him that anything the writers come up with is going to seem disappointing. I personally was never super-obsessed with the character so I don’t care if he periodically gets his rear end beat or doesn’t seem to know what he’s doing; to me those seem like normal plot beats of the sort of fish-out-of-water story they’re playing with here. The real problem is that the story itself is boring, especially since we’ve seen so many really good renditions of the “low-level criminal climbing their way to the top” trope recently. Like I said earlier, the flashbacks are infinitely more interesting than the main plot at this point.

It is pretty hardcore that they just murked the tusken raider kid though

I agree with this post.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Timby posted:

There's something oddly peaceful about being the only passenger on an intercity bus. Makes the trip from Dubuque to Madison nice and quiet.

It sounds like people had some questions ITT that are going unanswered, Timby, if you have time to answer those.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Does it really matter? Whatever the issue was got resolved or he wouldn't be back.

I would say it does, as he has received money from people in this thread but was probated for what appears to be defrauding other members of the forum.

His probation was removed due to, as per the terms of the probation, repaying the money he took for goods not provided. An explanation of what happened in SA Mart, as well as some assurance that the money sent to him in good faith by people here wasn't used to repay debt accrued from what appears to be fraud, would go a long way towards assuaging concerns.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

What Your Favorite Sad Dad Band Says About You will personally attack some of us, such as:

quote:

Pavement
Your son’s friends like you and worry about you but they don’t tell your son this. You point out where things used to be when you drive around town, but all the things you point out are somewhat shady and confusing. Was that place a dance club? A friend’s house? Were there parties there or just a drug dealer? You may have misplaced your David Foster Wallace books in the last move, or your spouse quietly donated them. You like walnuts now.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

Neither the Wilco or Mountain Goat ones even came close.

The Father John Misty one didn't spin me into an existential crisis at all

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Neil Armbong posted:

that speeder chase in book of fett was uh, really bad. it was unbelievably slow.

Welcome to my TED talk

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

HOLY poo poo

babbys first snowstorm

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

dirty shrimp money posted:

"Our records show that at-home COVID-19 tests have already been ordered for this address. We are unable to process duplicate orders for the same address."

Guess the system's already hosed.

I am not sure how they would hijack it since they'll be shipped to your address? Better put some traps in your bushes

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Timby posted:

Yeah, and I made the other guy whole. With interest.

I think all anyone really wanted to know was what happened from your perspective based on the questions I saw. Thanks for addressing it and letting us know, Timby.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Timby posted:

gently caress it. I'm getting emails harassing me. I explained how I didn't defraud anyone, how I made the guy whole, paid him interest, and y'all know that I spent most of 2019 and 2020 in the hospital. Congratulations, you have successfully chased me off the forum.

I would suggest sending the email addresses to a mod since this would probably fall under off-forum harassment.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh hey it’s gently caress Grayson Allen o’clock

https://twitter.com/nbcsbulls/status/1484719931065257999?s=21

Followup:

https://twitter.com/thescore/status/1484991886851031044?s=21

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

BlindSite posted:

Holy poo poo! Just found out a dude I knew growing up's parents were murdered and their home torched last night. Street I grew up in too.

They already have a suspect in custody

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Fifty Three posted:

You wanna give that post another shot, or :chloe:

I am truly sorry if my post on the Something Awful forums is insensitive, BlindSite

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Please read all my posts in the voice of Norm Gunderson, tia

Please read my posts in Warwick Davis's voice from Willow

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

what the gently caress Pennsylvania

https://twitter.com/fuckeduppizzas/status/1485075087304888321?s=20

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1485754308633243649?s=20

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/1487097910491811844?s=20&t=ZQcRji4ut0SfCPzNxTirHg

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

There can be only one Michigan, they have to sort that out and the loser gets annexed by a neighboring state.

The UP rightfully belongs to Wisconsin anyway

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Congrats BlindSite on you local hero winning the Australian Open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

BlindSite posted:

Was pretty cool ngl! She grew up about 5 mins from where I did.

Is the entire country getting pissed tonight?