Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Reserved. cant wait to see what winds up being first.

Games Beat 2022

1. Spyro: A Hero's Tail (100%)
2. Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (100% Awards)
3. Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker
4. Doom, ultraviolence E1-E4
5. The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning
6. Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei (NES version)
7. Doom II on Ultraviolence
8. WADs
  • Arceon (2021, 6 levels)
  • Blueberry Blaze Cake (2022, 1 level)
  • Mapgame (2009, 9 levels)
  • Phobos Revisited (2004, 9 levels)
  • Water Spirit (2017, 3 levels)
  • The Wailing Horde (2014, 1 level)
  • epic.wad (2007, 5 levels)
  • Breach (2017, 1 level)
  • Sucker Punch 2 (2021, 9 levels)
  • A Koopa Soup (2020, 3 levels)
  • Toughnut (2021, 1 level)
  • Baloney (2021, 1 level)
  • BigDill (2021, 1 level)
  • Intergalactic Xenology 2 (2021, 5 levels)
  • Gravity (2008, 2 levels)
  • NEVER (2022, 6 levels)
  • Dimension of the Boomed (2018, 7 levels)
  • UAC Ultra (2010, 11 levels)
  • Running Late 2 (2020, 16 levels)
  • Saturnine Chapel (2017, 1 level)
  • Brigandine (2017, 1 level)
  • Erkattäññe (2015, 11 levels)
  • Darkest Room (2019, 1 level)
  • Weir-Dough Alley (2022, 1 level)
  • Kuchitsu (2013, 6 levels)
  • Valhalla (2010, 1 level)
  • HeDRoX (2005, 1 level)
  • Lunatic (2011, 5 levels)
  • Remnant (2019, 1 level)
  • THE IMP ZONE (1994, 1 level)
  • Attack on IO (2021, 7 levels)
  • Asmodeus Cursed Sanctuary (2022, 1 level)
  • Drip Feed (2010, 1 level)
  • Crumpets (2015, 8 levels)
  • Heartland (2021, 7 levels)
  • No Rest for the Living (2010, 9 levels)
  • Tangerine Nightmare (2017, 9 levels)
  • Syringe (2016, 6 levels)
  • The Eye (2012, 1 level)
  • Demonastery (2018, 1 level)
  • Escape from Castle Chezcrea (2008, 1 level)
  • Intergalactic Xenology 2 (2020, 5 levels)
  • ORIGWAD (1994, 1 level)
  • Alienated (2019, 10 levels)
  • Arrival (2021, 9 levels)
  • Total Control (2005, 1 level)
  • Thunderpeak (2008, 2 levels)
  • Swim With the Whales (2013, 3 levels)
  • Hell Ground (2009, 7 levels)
  • Mutiny (2016, 16 levels)
  • Thy Flesh Turned into a Draft Excluder (2014, 9 levels)
  • Pinnacle of Darkness (2015, 1 level)
9. Ancient Aliens
10. Doom 64
11. Dragon Quest VIII
12. Deadlight
13. Wario World (100%)
11a. Dragon Quest VIII Post-game completed
14. Trauma
15. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (100%)
16. TNT: Evilution (UV, continuous play, no saves except MAP21.)
17. Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak
18. Doom 3 (UV)
19. The Plutonia Experiment (UV)
20. Doom (UVMax Pistol Start, E1-E3)
21. Revolution!
22. Doom (2016)
23. Resident Evil 2 Remake
24. Bayonetta 3
25. Doom Eternal
26. Star Fox
27. Star Fox 2
28. Super Mario Land 2
29. Dragon Quest IX

In Training fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

That final dungeon is so bad and it’s completely meaningless to the story. The actual story as it relates to the characters and everything that came before it is finished and then Steven just shows up out of nowhere as everyone is celebrating and says “good work nanashi. But if you want to put this game on your Games Beat list there’s one more thing you must do…”

Lol. It owns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

think I told this story but we moved over the pandemic and when we got to our house i searched facebook market and found a 32 inch sony wega CRT and when picking it up I caused like... thousands of dollars of damage to my girlfriends car trying to get it in the backseat. She got so pissed off lmfao. I bent the door, scratched the car and the seats got all hosed up, and the guy helping me carry it got a hernia. Overall it was worth it lol

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Whoever made the parts where Max is dreaming and you have to slowly, carefully walk along a one-inch wide trail of blood or plummet to your death, and jump between trails with weird moon-landing physics, and you can't tell where you're going and there's a 2-second clip of a baby crying playing on loop the whole time, is going to Hell for sure. He's not seeing Heaven.

When I played this the game kept glitching out during the nightmare sequences and I could fly everywhere like 6 inches off the ground but if I went too far off the invisible paths you would instantly die. I thought this is just how it was designed and was even more pissed off than you lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

added everyone and made a profile. https://ggapp.io/InTraining cheers, i have a excel file that i been using for this that i should copy over

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

1. Spyro: A Hero's Tail (100%). Fairly deece europlatformer, way more competent than Spyro 4 which tbf, wasnt actually a finished game. All the minigames suck complete rear end, they couldnt even do halfway decent versions of the flying only obstacle courses. but the actual levels were expansive and pretty, gems dropped by enemies respawn so you dont need to sweat tracking down two missing gems out of 700 or w/e. closer to a sm64 style game with just getting Light Gems and Dragon Eggs. i quite liked it. on to 6.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

2. Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (100% Awards). Feels real good. Although I still have all the Event Hunts and EX Hunts to chip away at, which I probably will due to brain damage.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

English Country Tune (100%): i first "finished" this like 6 years ago, but i had 2 puzzles left to truly complete the game. I would try them randomly every now and then over the years, and early this year i completed one of them, but the final one, from the HALF PLANTED world, has stumped me over and over no matter how many times ive tried. today i finally, *finally*, got this motherfucker done.

absolutely fantastic puzzle game, and no wonder the guy would eventually go on to make stephens sausage roll

Good poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pungry posted:

Yeah, I really like a Hero's Tail. You going to play the New Beginning trilogy next or try out the handheld games on GBA and DS? The New Beginning stuff is way different than normal Spyro while the handheld GBA ones are like the previous ones.

I'd start posting my own games beaten this year, but my motherboard died halfway through Hollow Knight and need to get a new computer.

I started new beginning and it seems like it sucks but it's funny getting hyper serious cutscenes every 2 minutes of hallways in a Spyro game where Gary Old man lectures me about the history of Purple Dragons.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3. Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker. I think I liked the story of Shadowbringers more since they could just do a self contained little adventure with the setup, lots of this had so many bloated cutscenes where the epic NPC from Patch 3.2 showed up to say 2 lines, and so on and so forth. But it's the best dungeons and trials they've designed yet and the finale was hype as balls. Looking forward to raiding with the Imp static and levelling all my gatherers and crafters to 90.

In Training fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 21, 2022

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4. Doom, ultraviolence E1-E4. Good poo poo as always

In Training fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 21, 2022

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I got direct hit by like 20 rockets because I stopped to calculate their trajectory.

Lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

I think it is only the beginning. Now that Sephiroth killed the ghosts who insured destiny played out as intended the rest of the game is able to go off the rails so I think they'll be doing fun riffs on expectations, it's pretty exciting I think! I wonder if Aerith will die or if it'll be someone else this time. Or if they'll have her revive like the original game had in cut content

its cool bc the remake being a multipart installation this is the most surefire way to generate hype for giving people the slightest hope that aerith isnt going to die again. she's going to die and its going to be devestating. but what if...its cool that they managed to revive that energy nearly 30 years after the original

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

did you play FInal Fantasy XV: Comrades which was an extremely lovely monster hunter clone in the ffxv engine.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

5. The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning. It kinda sucks. But the tornado bombs you unlock in the last zone are funny bc you can throw three of them to tank the frame rate. Cant believe they gave up on cutesy collectathons for this. Looking forward to 7 and 8.

In Training fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 21, 2022

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And Gary Oldman plays Ignitus, the Elder Red Dragon. A phenomenal cast tbh.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pungry posted:

And David Spade is Sparx, yes.

the final line in the game after ending on a dramatic cliffhanger is a minute+ long improv joke from David Spade about how much he wants his Mommy, as the music swells, we fade to black and a little glimmer in the cosmic horizon indicates that the Dark Master yet runs free.,

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It’s insane to me that there are several Spyro games after the original trilogy I never heard of and one of them has an absolutely star-studded cast.

It's a dark reboot trilogy, so there's three with a star-studded cast.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

6. Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei (NES version). Kind of a turd. I wrote a bunch mroe words in the smt thread. i dont think first person dungeon crawlers is a genre for me.

In Training fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 21, 2022

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

John Romero posted:

is bloodstained good on switch yet

No. I've tried to three times to play it and can't stomach it. Glad I kickstarted it (requested a Vita copy).

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

7. Doom II on Ultraviolence. Had some of my favorite maps I've played and some of the worst piles ever. Had an absolute blast with it and love pretty much all the new enemies even the huge pains in the rear end like archviles and pain elementals. Immediately opened up doom builder and a tutorial to get into some amateur level crafting. Doom ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

we did it bros.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video

Easily my proudest gaming achievement.

Congrats, that's incredible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The dragon breath attack that tanks the original release fps.to the single digits was so awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Lol

I also like the effects of tendency but the mechanics of it are pretty bad. Can be infinitely lowered just by dying once in body form and only raised by killing three bosses. So if you kept body form after each boss and died you’d lose it all lol

you can cheese it by just dying in the nexus between each boss, which is nice but kind of defeats the purpose. The online world tendency was a cool idea, modern fromsoft would probably have had more active event rotations than just pegging it to pure white for 7 months

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah that sucks though lol as the reward for beating a boss is actually a massive downside. So first time through o always committed suicide in the nexus to control my tendency and forced use of the cling ring. Especially when all the good stuff only exists at maximum tendency. It’s a cool idea but having black tendency being unlimited and white totally limited was stupid. Also that it gets harder as you died more in body form doesn’t really make sense

what do you mean by unlimited? isn't it just a -3 to +3 scale or am I misremembering. my most memorable demons soul char was immediately going to pure black to fight the 4-1 npc ghost for the self bleeding katana...godly feeling when I managed to off them after a few tries while plinking away for like 15 damage a swing of starting equipment

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

keeping track of the doom wads i play under one heading, just to keep track of them somewhere.

8. DOOM WADs
  • Arceon - 2021, Map pack for Doom II, 6 levels. UV pistol start. A overdesigned monotone turd with huge meandering maps with no clear direction and arena battles in circles with 4000 revenants, archviles, imps and pinkies. It had one really cool map with a Spiderdemon in the middle of the first room on a pillar, and you had to zip past it while exploring the spokes until you could get enough plasma ammo to kill it. And aesthetically impressive even if it just got friggin tedious. 2/5
  • Blueberry Blaze Cake - 2022, single level for Doom II. Really kick rear end medium sized map with a good sense of escalation and variety. Has a broken down techbase vibe, where you start in a basic doom internal area and you kinda weave in and out of broken walls to fight in larger and smaller spaces. 4/5
  • Mapgame - 2009, E1 replacement for Doom, 9 levels. HMP. Really enjoyed this even though its kinda weird to go back to original Doom's monster roster and limited palette. This pack added a minigun replacement and a new monster type, sentry guns, which seem kind of broken. I dont play with mouselook and half the time you cant target the sentry guns for some reason, so i kept wasting ammo throwing rockets into walls. whatever. Really good control of lighting and well designed secret areas, author has a really good sense for how to make a fun E1, even limited to just shotgunners, imps and pinkies. this map set doesnt even have a cacodemon until the final level (incidentally the final level sucked, bascially the same thign as the Bruiser Brother fight but theres 5 barons which is just a boring ammo drain w/o much tension). 3/5

ill keep adding to this as i play more.

In Training fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 7, 2022

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • Phobost Revisited - 2004, E1 replacement for Doom, 9 levels. UV. 1/5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • Water Spirit - 2017, 3 levels for Doom II. UV Pistol Start. 5/5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • The Wailing Horde - 2014, E2M1 replacement for Doom 1. UV. 3/5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country

The battle theme and desert area in that game kick rear end. Also the classically insane design decision that you have to do every sidequest to watch the last cutscene, ftw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • epic.wad (2007). 5 levels for Doom II, UV continuous play. 4/5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • Breach (2017). One Doom II level, UV. 3/5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nutmeg posted:

its definitely worth a replay, the added voice work is great and gives that game even more flavor. id recommend doing a quick peek at how to unlock the new political side quests tho, i went in blind and completely missed my opportunity to do it on my playthrough.

Lmao that this is straight faced advice to read through the Before I Play Wiki so you know how to properly unlock the Bernie Ending.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Advanced Warfare campaign kicks rear end, hope it's on your COD list.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • Sucker Punch 2 (2021). 9 maps for Doom II, UV Pistol Start. 4/5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • A Koopa Soup (2020). 3 maps for Doom II (ZDoom only), UV Pistol Start. 2/5
  • Toughnut (2021). 1 map for Doom II. 3/5
  • Baloney (2021). 1 map for Doom II. 3/5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • BigDill (2021) 1 map for Doom II. 3/5.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mbt posted:

persona 3 fes
gonna lie down for a bit after that lol

Epic final boss fight.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

9. Ancient Aliens (32 maps for Doom II. UV Pistol start every map, about 1/3rd I managed NoSave). 5/5. Absolutely amazing experience, skillsaw is a god, the custom textures, sounds, music and enemies were killer, and there were only like 3 maps in the entire set I didn't enjoy. Kind of overwhelming to play an entire game replacement for doom, and i salute anybody crazy enough to do like 3/4ths of it themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I would have simply previously purchased Sekiro when I could have afforded it.

I would simply point a gun at my TV until the PS Store gave up the goods. Or else.