Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
1. Wizards & Warriors
2. Axelay (normal)
3. Ninja Gaiden 3 (JP)

Cubone fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Feb 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
crts are cool and I respect them but I've downloaded roms of games I already own just because I didn't feel like plugging the console in and I'd do it again

Cubone
May 26, 2011

John Romero posted:

5. Inscryption

i dont know man. it was really cool in the first act. nose dived the second. third act tried but couldnt pull it up. i kept hearing about a crazy rear end ending but i didnt find it worth it.
I liked it the whole way through, but Daniel Mullins games are developing a bad habit of starting out intriguing and mysterious then getting lost in the weeds with the spooky meta bullshit

"turns out the game you're playing is actually a game, made by a game developer, and you're actually playing as someone who's playing it"

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

If you're talking about all the ARG bullshit I agree, that stuff can kick rocks; but if you're talking about all the goofy pulpy "what if SATAN made a game" or "What if game characters killed their own dev" that poo poo is cool and I'm glad he's doing it.
it's not so much the fact that he's doing that stuff, it's that doing that stuff isn't really a satisfying payoff to what he initially draws you in with

it's like if partway through Silent Hill 2, you're going "if his wife is dead, who sent that letter? why is this town abandoned and full of monsters? what's up with the few other people that are here? why are they acting so strangely, and why does Maria look just like his wife? what is that mysterious thing with the giant triangle helmet stalking me?"

and the game was like "well, it turns out he's actually a character from a horror video game, and those were all features of that game, and now he has to escape that game and get revenge on its creator"
and it turns into a pretty solid video game about a horror protagonist getting revenge on his creator, but we never get the whole "he killed his wife and the town is drawing out his guilt and punishing him" thing

e: Pony Island is less guilty of this than The Hex and Inscryption, but you see what I'm saying
I'm still mentally back in theat foggy monster town, waiting for a payoff for all this intrigue
I'm in the forest cabin with this imposing theatrical weirdo who wants a play a card game with me about blood sacrifice
I'm in a bar where six video game characters from different genres come together on a dark and stormy night and one of them is a murderer

Cubone
May 26, 2011

congrats myco, that's insane

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

“Finished” inside of John Romero’s of age, alive, consentual mom’s of age pussy last night.

lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

sounds cool I'll have to check that out

Cubone
May 26, 2011

ArfJason posted:

minecraft is abotu making brown bricks

hehe

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Hey Chief posted:

7. Pirates of Dark Water for the SNES

by the two moons!

:)

Cubone
May 26, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

[30] Snatcher (Sega CD) 6/27/22

I heard you could use a justifier instead
I wonder if it's possible to get this set up with an emulator

having to physically pick up a light gun for the shooting segments sounds really loving cool but it'd probably cost like a thousand dollars

Cubone
May 26, 2011

mycophobia posted:

played a credit of turtles in time snes just now and forgot how to throw dudes. which is like 90% of what you do in that game
you hit them so they're stunned then step forward a bit and press attack again

if you're holding a direction, you'll throw them, if not you'll do the multi-slam

when I was a kid I thought it was to do with positioning your body over theirs, but now that I'm thinking about it it might just be a command grab. punch forward punch

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Hey Chief posted:

Skelly's third statue

:worship:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Thinking about the guy who came in to put goferchan on blast for a 20 year old post about Doom 3

saying somebody doesn't get boners from "actual militant women" is one of my favorite insults I've seen on these forums. I have no idea what it means but it makes me laugh just to read it