Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Reserved. This year I hope to beat at least twice as many games as in 2021
1. Metroid Dread (1/4)
1a. All archives/endings (1/29)
2. FFXIV: Endwalker (1/16)
3. Wizards & Warriors (1/25)
4. Axelay (2/1)
5. Pocky & Rocky 2 (2/8)
6. Ninja Gaiden III (2/22)

big deal fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

last post on the last page. topic locked.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

1. Metroid Dread (84%, 11:07:12)
Badass, much better than I expected. Glad I took my time instead of trying to rush through it on NYE. On top of the movement and abilities being sweet, the boss fights are fun as well. Immediately going to get 100% and then I guess play it on hard and try to go fast. And finally read the IZ thread.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

OH y eah i played it all using a PRO 8BITDO PRO PLUS CONTROLLER 2 and i mapped the back buttons to L3 and R3 which made it way nicer than trying to click the sticks. except it was easy to accidentally turn invisible and die. at some point i'm going to want to play it handheld but i'm' going to miss my pro gamer buttons.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Bicyclops posted:

was going to hold off on posting in case i finished another one today, but that seems unlikely.

:stare:

Double Dribble

my only experience in the real world playing basketball was in gym class. usually the teacher would just leave us on our own and this one kid, who was actually on the basketball team, would periodically throw basketballs at the back of my head while i tried to play with my similarly sports-inept friends. i don't know why, i pretty much never spoke to him. then during COVID he got really into trying to organize high school reunions and contacted me on facebook apologizing for it. like this long, moving heartfelt thing about how he had to be a better person now so he could be a good example for his kids and how toxic masculinity had tainted his teen years or whatever. it was one of the most genuine apologies i've ever gotten in my life, completely out of nowhere. i'm probably always going to think of that dude when i see a basketball now, lol.

i hope you rejected that rear end. think you can write your way out of a guilty conscience? wrong bitch!!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I hope you kidnapped that guy, locked him in a hotel room for fifteen years and then orchestrated a series of events to make him feel the same pain you did.

I hope you tortured him psychologically by engineering a situation in which he was about to have sex with a bunch of hot women before suddenly remembering he's married.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

play 6 before 8 imo. 8 is fine but 6 is on a similar tier as 7 and you should check it before you start dipping into the b-sides. FFT next is good too i'm just talking about in the numbered entries.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

ignore everything he just said and do what i said.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

if you look closely WHICH I DID you can see she's wearing pink clothes that are slightly different from her skin color. nintendo succeeded in keeping us pure and faithful.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i made a page in that site and followed everybody so i hope you follow me back lest i look an utter fool.

https://ggapp.io/bug_deal

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i just noticed that at some point the gg app website made me automatically follow the site's creator and an account for the site itself (?) thanks for the website dude but i don't give a CRAP about your taste in games. unfollowed.

Plebian Parasite posted:

why were you looking so closely

:ninja:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

2) FFXIV Endwalker

cool poo poo loved it. i dyed my red mage set to make a Weed Mage for the final battle but he just looks like robin hood. alas

fadam posted:

Squeezed 26.) FFXIV: Endwalker in before the buzzer.

I think if you're a huge FFXIV lorehead who is really invested in the story/characters this has to be an amazing experience, but it really dragged for me. The last 5% (basically from the last dungeon til the credits) is insanely ownage though, reminded me of the best Yakuza ending sequences in terms of how hot blooded and excited I got. Looking forward to getting really into raiding for a few weeks then abandoning the game to play other stuff.

when i read this post at the time i stopped reading at 5% in case of spoilers and thought you were saying the last 5% really dragged. i was wondering wtf you were talking about when i got there. still dumb that you thought the rest of it dragged but not as dumb as i had thought.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

:cheerdoge:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the vector graphics style and colors makes it look like an nes couldn't produce it, at least in the screenshots. that's kind of cool

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

sheeld.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

mysterious loyall X posted:

seasonal affective disorder wheel of fortune theme song

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My cousin's copy of Wheel of Fortune NES was jet black instead of the classic grey. I thought nothing of it until I powered it on and heard the theme song. It was hacked and downtuned by at least 40%. Ever since then I freak out like rainman whenever I hear it.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

3. Wizards and Warriors
Actually kind of fun after getting used to it. and getting past the first level. Infinite continues helps a lot since you never lose anything whatsoever except having to restart a boss fight. It enabled my snes-raised rear end to get through it just by running into everything and dying repeatedly instead of having to learn anything like in most nes games. 1/10

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Bicyclops posted:

i learned a little about Nasir since Square's first two games were basically just to show off what he could do with 3D. interesting guy. after this, he also worked on the first 3 final fantasy games (he did the secret puzzle mini game for ff1) and secret of mana, at which point he had enough money from royalties to retire, at the age of 36, and travel the world.

motherfucker...

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Wormskull posted:

I got direct hit by like 20 rockets because I stopped to calculate their trajectory.

lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

1a) Metroid Dread all archives+endings
Took a little break before doing a third (fourth) run through for the last couple ending images.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I don't know

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i will be very surprised if the ghosts don't come back almost immediately

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

my thinking is simply they seemed like an annoying gimmick the first time through and i daren't hope that they actually stop it but you're probably right. i don't really remember what happens that well

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

4. Axelay (easy 50 credits)

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

oh yeah i was going to play axelay with my fightstick but i forgot. oh well.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

5. Pocky & Rocky 2
Pretty good especially because i knew going into it that stage 8 was going to suck so i h ad my expectations set appropriately. Can't take game club credit because i beat it 8 minutes after the deadline. Going to try to start the next one earlier than the last few hours.
https://twitch.tv/videos/1292138007
checked out of curiosity and the whole thing took just under 3 hours from start on the title screen to last hit on the boss. stage 8 took just under an hour on its own

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

the only other Kirby games I've played that I can remember well enough to compare it to are Nightmare in Dream Land and Triple Deluxe and I didn't like it as much as either of those, but it's still a good time.

dude you need to play kirby super star immediately. and planet robobot. in that order.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

also you can combine powers in kirby 64 but i only played it once a hundred years ago and don't remember it too well. it's supposed to get added to the switch online thing sometime, at which point i will play it again

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I bought Planet Robobot a while back and just haven't started it yet, I'll check out Super Star on NSO soon. Thanks for the recommendations :cheers:

nice.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

P-Mack posted:

The version packed in with zero mission had a quick save which is why I finally was able to beat it. As a kid I would inevitably gently caress up some part of transcribing the 24 character case sensitive password.

i think fusion had one, if you connected fusion and prime you'd get the fusion suit in prime and unlock metroid 1 in fusion. mayhaps you're thinking of that. or they both had it. or i'm misremembering. either way that's also the only time i beat it too.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

you're in for a treat. assuming you're not stopping there

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i want a hyper realistic voice-acted frog.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

no, don't do it. it's too hard. give up

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

6. Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom
Pretty cool except for half the rooms in level 7 sucked rear end. And the hitboxes are wack. I was playing on the US version with hacks applied that were supposed to revert it to JP difficulty, but continuing still worked the US way where it put me back at the beginning of level 7 instead of the sub-section i was in. I finally switched to the JP version since the passwords are compatible and then ended up not using a continue anyway.

vod part 1, part 2

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the black omen is so epic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ScoaZC5bg

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the nintendo switch is simply unable to process voice acting.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

limgrave these nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I got the tude now posted:

And she’s alive