Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
indie gaming is more win, for very many reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

did Alice: Madness Returns have that subtle, intense creepiness that the original Alice had or was it more cartoonish (as it appeared to be from the trailers i saw)?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

hatty posted:

You can always reject modernity and embrace retro hardware

This opinion is correct and very good

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Stux posted:

many people are saying this

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

hatty posted:

You can always reject modernity and embrace retro hardware

Getting ever closer to spending far too much on a GDEMU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Everyone is forgetting that Nintendo gave Kirby a gun.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Stux posted:

lol the probe

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i already played all the indie games. braid, iji, spelunky, cave story, minecraft, N, dwarf fortress, etc. they just dont make em anymore really

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Have there been any articles or anything, on Dying Light 2? I really loved the first one and am sort of hyped for the next one but haven't seen much about it online. Is there any trusted source where I can read stuff about this? Is it expected to be good or a stinker?

Also I got to the last boss of returnal last night but didn't beat it. What a great game. I'm glad I'm probably able to do it, but, lol, at least 50 deaths so far. Probably more.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Khanstant posted:

i already played all the indie games. braid, iji, spelunky, cave story, minecraft, N, dwarf fortress, etc. they just dont make em anymore really

Can I interest you in a litttle game called Hollow Knight?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Do the kids these days feel allegiance to console manufacturers or was that (hopefully) only the cursed blight of my foul generation

Every person who reads these acquisitions on whether "my team" is doing better is a fool, now let me drink my coffee and go to the PlayStation thread

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

hatty posted:

Can I interest you in a litttle game called Hollow Knight?

naw heard it was buggy af

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Hades is great; kinda slept on it for a while because when it came out I was just over-rogueliked out

the cross-platform save compatibility is nice although it appears to work pretty well on Switch anyways

exquisite tea posted:

If Sony really wants to make something worthwhile they can re-release their 1440p Trinitron CRT monitors so I don't have to pay $3000 on eBay for one!

One day my lovely tube TV from the 80's is gonna die and I'll have to do something about it and it would be nice if someone still made the drat things... it's close to the limit of the pots on a few settings so it won't be too long before the picture really starts to look like poo poo and I can't do too much about it

makes me wonder how repairable this thing is- just a matter of replacing some failed capacitors or is the tube itself eventually just gonna be gone? TV/VCR repair places used to be everywhere so i assume there's gotta be something you can do in some cases

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
also i spent 10 minutes looking and cannot remember the name, what was the moody indie platformer we had before cave story was a thing? the character was so nondescript, maybe even literally a blob, if not, a blob with stick legs. it was free and i felt like that was one of the games you'd talk about back then if you wanted any kind of good free game, dunno if we called em indie yet though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Don't free Stux, let them enjoy the pokemon game

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

the future sucks

The more time passes by, the happier I am with Nintendo following their “conservative” model.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Do the kids these days feel allegiance to console manufacturers or was that (hopefully) only the cursed blight of my foul generation

Every person who reads these acquisitions on whether "my team" is doing better is a fool, now let me drink my coffee and go to the PlayStation thread

There are absolutely still people like that out there but the good news is they're mainly on twitter so it's easy to not see them.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Khanstant posted:

also i spent 10 minutes looking and cannot remember the name, what was the moody indie platformer we had before cave story was a thing? the character was so nondescript, maybe even literally a blob, if not, a blob with stick legs. it was free and i felt like that was one of the games you'd talk about back then if you wanted any kind of good free game, dunno if we called em indie yet though.

My first thought is Within a Deep Forest. It's a metroidvania where you're an orb and you unlock new orb forms to access new areas.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh, and there's also An Untitled Story. Similar game but you're an egg, not an orb, and you eventually hatch

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Khanstant posted:

Gish?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Electric Phantasm posted:

Am I seeing things or does Cloud have a fox tail and ears in this?

He had them almost until release, they were removed from the character model and art at the last minute. On some pieces of early promotional art you can see where they were painted out.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Gripweed posted:

He had them almost until release, they were removed from the character model and art at the last minute. On some pieces of early promotional art you can see where they were painted out.

cowards!!!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Arzaac posted:

My first thought is Within a Deep Forest. It's a metroidvania where you're an orb and you unlock new orb forms to access new areas.

This is definitely the one I was thinking of!

I also feel there was a similar one before or after with even more subdued of moody graphics and less mechanics and more obscure talking to this or that but has a more fever dream quality to my memory of it. Within a Deep Forest though definitely remember, cool times.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I don't know what a roguelike is and I refuse to play Rogue to find out.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
rogue is just like

but the dots are spaces

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Khanstant posted:

Knytt/Knytt Stories?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Bingo, that was it, ty.

Now we have the full list of all indie games.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I remember it because Knytt Stories was one of the first kinda big games with user made content, so it was relatively popular among early LPers

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
remember when ppl used to apply to do lps and people were kind of hesitant to allow video content in LPs but then the rest of the internet was just like oh ill record myself playing the game the whole time and later, just all the time and its a billion dollars deal now.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

Gonna be real cool in 2029 when Sony and Microsoft own every major studio

It could be worse. It could be Amazon and Google buying everybody up to force usage of their cloud gaming platforms.

(But yes this is horrible)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

On my lunch break at work, and made it to chapter 13 of Fire Emblem Three Houses. The post chapter 12 cutscenes were quite a thing.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
It would wicked funny if Sony has Bungie make a new Killzone game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Not a purchase, but still Sony

https://twitter.com/discord/status/1488240777549402112?s=20&t=O-qeXr1uI8vsl29nyAp6qw

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

OhFunny posted:

It would wicked funny if Sony has Bungie make a new Killzone game.

Then they can buy, I dunno, Remedy and have them make a new Destiny game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I said come in! posted:

On my lunch break at work, and made it to chapter 13 of Fire Emblem Three Houses. The post chapter 12 cutscenes were quite a thing.

is this some kind of twisted joke

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

punk rebel ecks posted:

The more time passes by, the happier I am with Nintendo following their “conservative” model.

To be honest, Nintendo games and Japanese third party titles are the only games I buy nowadays that are modern. I just don't care for the Western AAA scene

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
theres definitely a few devs i like. Arkane is cool though their last game got somewhat poor word-of-mouth, and i'll get anything that Sam Lake does. id also, as much as i didn't like Doom Eternal

TLOU-ification/Ubisoft-ification is a plague, though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
mid budget games are the best

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

then why is it not named twordle

huge missed opportunity

:dadjoke:

a good one, though

Wordle 226 5/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Someone accused someone else of manipulating their wordle results. Apropos of absolutely nothing, how would that be done? I just want to know how these liars and criminals would go about doing that, so I won't be fooled

e: nvm you just copy the codes. nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

mid budget games are the best

:hai: